Post your questions about the game here!

What countries will ?????? ??????'s cricket 14 be available in?

----------

I think they can set a timing for diving in as well like the bowling mechanism requires timing for the jump...:yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the awesome thing in the game is that we need to stay and watch each deliveries for batting which i always wanted [Not like in previous games where we come and hit a century from 40-50 balls even in tests...Would play a test match as I have always played the first match as a test match in every cricket game and would watch the ball ,take my time ,get myself into the game's mechanism and the way the pitch plays and start scoring....
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eagerly waiting for Mikey to reveal the spin mechanism in the game next week as spinners play a crucial role in tests....
Who Mike Fegan? You got no chance.

I said Mikeymerren ....Nothing can be expected from Mike Fegan other than his licensed kits,stadiums,Players and Hawkeye which is a recurring speech in every week Q&A...:lol:lol:lol

I knew that. Just rubbing salt and H2SO4 into Mike Fegan's open wounds

Ross can the spin controls be revealed today?
If done today then bowling controls will be finished then next week the fielding and keeper controls can be revealed...:thumbs

Probably it's a bit early to ask, but Ross can you tell us whether you will be releasing the game in India on the same date as the rest of the world? Also, will the Downloadable version be released on the same day as that of Disk release?

The Colonel has secret herbs and spices too...

Official Hawk-eye and Official Licenses and Official Kit items and sometimes you might even get a taste of Official cricket :spy

Probably it's a bit early to ask, but Ross can you tell us whether you will be releasing the game in India on the same date as the rest of the world? Also, will the Downloadable version be released on the same day as that of Disk release?

Ross has already mentioned that the spin controls would be revealed next week.. And the game will release on the same date [I suppose] but the digital version would take time ...

What countries will ?????? ??????'s cricket 14 be available in?

Yes, good question. Will it be available in South Africa? Don't mind a digital download but most people don't have stable internet connections.

Ross/Mike,
With respect to bowling, you mentioned that the timing for pulling back the RAS will determine if the bowler bowls a no-ball or not. My question is, does the height and speed of the bowler factor into this? i.e. for a taller bowler who bowls fast we would need to pull back the RAS much earlier (as such a bowler would have a longer stride) than for a bowler who is shorter and just bowling medium pace?

Guys, I know we're all excited because it's going to be a fantastic game. But give BA studios a break! Yesterday we actually got some video footage of the game and development of the weather throughout the day and almost like that's forgotten 24hrs on. You begin to demand Mikey to outline the spin controls and sliding in the creases to be a game of roulette [as nice as the idea is, that would be taking frustration to another level].
Bearing in mind that they are under no obligation to be here, especially actually the main developer and the CEO.
Genuinely, from any game and forum I've participated this is by far the most interactive relationship between the fans and the producers so we shouldn't take it for granted. I mean heck, all you need to do is look at the "A" 13 game's "interaction" with it's fans and see how fortunate we are.
In short. Yes excitement will inevitably get the better of us, but don't irk those who have given us cause for excitement; through the unbelievable amount of features and a cricket game made for the history books. This means; Stop the demands [release date/trailer/screenshots etc.] as I'm sure the BA team enjoy them as little as I.

The informed questions are great, but the generic Indian question of, "will there be IPL" etc. is wearing thin. I'll have a go at linking you to a few useful things.

What licenses? - Kit licenses: Unlikely...I'd honestly prefer it to be "no" weirdly. It's not like BA requires kit licenses to mask terrible gameplay and I think we'd all rather better gameplay than choosing kookaburra socks.
Stadiums - I believe there a few licensed, look at Friend's post. Nothing official has been released on this.

Features? - These were those confirmed by the 24th of May and it's been a fine month and a bit since then. I'm not going to go through all Ross'/Mikey's posts - But for the first time you'll find me saying this; it's fair to assume they've accounted for every little feature. So don't waste your time asking things about shot selection or fielding.

Ross, in the previous games we could master bowling the right deliveries based on our muscle memory. How different will the case be in Cricket 14??

Last edited:
Ross/Mike,
With respect to bowling, you mentioned that the timing for pulling back the RAS will determine if the bowler bowls a no-ball or not. My question is, does the height and speed of the bowler factor into this? i.e. for a taller bowler who bowls fast we would need to pull back the RAS much earlier (as such a bowler would have a longer stride) than for a bowler who is shorter and just bowling medium pace?

Certainly does. You need to know your bowlers, At least to get that perfect spot on the crease. If you want to get that ultimate in the neck bouncer from your 2m bowler you want to time it perfectly. I've hits some beauties into the AI's helmet, might be unsporting on the pitch, but i've shouted "YEAH!" in the office a few times when it's happened.

Certainly does. You need to know your bowlers, At least to get that perfect spot on the crease. If you want to get that ultimate in the neck bouncer from your 2m bowler you want to time it perfectly. I've hits some beauties into the AI's helmet, might be unsporting on the pitch, but i've shouted "YEAH!" in the office a few times when it's happened.

So it is your voice that comes when we type 'yeah'

Users who are viewing this thread