Post your questions about the game here!

Don Bradman may no longer be alive to see this, but his family now have something else to be proud of. Superb.

hi guys

Couple more questions:

1. will the PC version be released at the same time as xbox/ps?
2. will the PC version be released on Steam? ie. is it downloadable or CD/DVD?
3. How detailed is the editor? eg. can I create my own custom league (eg. recreating Division 1 here in Brisbane) to sub for my domestic league when playing 'Be A Pro'? ie. level 1?
4. What are the multiplayer options? ie. can I play as a 'Be A Pro' player in a multiplayer team made up of BAP's or AI?
5. Are there specific controls for the keeper eg. if I wanted to be a WK/batsman? (I hope so!)

Thanks guys.

Angad, you were spot-on dude, when you said it's gonna be Don Bradman's cricket 14... :thumbs. Went to bed with no expectation, and came back to see the forum image to bee changed to Bradman's pic... You should've seen my face then... :eek:
:yes

hi guys

Couple more questions:

1. will the PC version be released at the same time as xbox/ps?
2. will the PC version be released on Steam? ie. is it downloadable or CD/DVD?
3. How detailed is the editor? eg. can I create my own custom league (eg. recreating Division 1 here in Brisbane) to sub for my domestic league when playing 'Be A Pro'? ie. level 1?
4. What are the multiplayer options? ie. can I play as a 'Be A Pro' player in a multiplayer team made up of BAP's or AI?
5. Are there specific controls for the keeper eg. if I wanted to be a WK/batsman? (I hope so!)

Thanks guys.

From what I know:

1. We all hope this and I sincerely doubt there will be much of a delay, if any
2. Ross said that when you release a game on Xbox Microsoft is very controlling with other digital downloads. I think Steam is very unlikely, at least for several months. You'll likely need to buy it in stores or ship it online but I don't know this 100%
3. The editor is incredibly detailed. Go download it! I'm pretty sure this would be possble but I'm not sure about divisional promotion/relegation.
4. There is no online BAP where you have 11 people playing online together like in FIFA. It just isnt practical having to wait hours to have a bat! I'm pretty sure you can take your guy online though in a team, whether you use the current team you are playing in in the BAP mode or put him into another team of your choice
5. 100% YES! :D

Hope that helped mate.

thanks mate. Definitely waiting for the PC version - its the future modding capability that usually keeps good titles like this going.

I'm assuming DB14 will be moddable right?

thanks mate. Definitely waiting for the PC version - its the future modding capability that usually keeps good titles like this going.

For starters, a lot of the Planet Cricket time in the past has been spent modding in new players, kits etc. They've had to do that the hard way because the games have been so inflexible, even having to create full player editors that really should have been in the game to begin with!

For BA Cricket obviously people will make new kits and players but that's not PC specific and an essential part of the game through Cricket Academy. So I wouldn't call this modding but you get the idea :)

As for other mods, regarding gameplay and other things that I can't think of right now, I'm sure it will. BA is very supportive of mods. They even helped (technical assistance and some source code) mods on their recent rugby league game!

You won't necessarily have to buy the PC version just for mods then. Honestly, I'd buy the version that your friends will play as online will be sweet!

Wont need to be modded as it will already be perfect ;)

okay good stuff. I haven't had a chance to read everything on these forums (there are LOTS of pages to go through! lol), but I understand Cricket Academy is the player editor for the upcoming DB14 game? Sorry guys, I don't have a lot of time to read through everything unfortunatley :(

okay good stuff. I haven't had a chance to read everything on these forums (there are LOTS of pages to go through! lol), but I understand Cricket Academy is the player editor for the upcoming DB14 game? Sorry guys, I don't have a lot of time to read through everything unfortunatley :(

No problem. Go and download it and have fun :) If you create yourself it might even end up in a screenshot or trailer!

I'm guessing that Don Bradman will appear already made as a player straight out of the box.

Just wondering, will there be anything like NBA 2k11 Michael Jordan career in DB14?

Yes it is a player creator. And like whiteninness said, you might get lucky enough to feature in a screenshot or a trailer.

Using CA you can create all the players you want, or just download the teams/players others created and reorganize them to your liking. And the server is shared by all the platforms like pc, 360 and ps3. So if you create a player in your pc and upload it, you can download it on your ps3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread