Post your questions about the game here!

Will the batsman be anticipating an away going delivery or will he be able to adjust to the incoming delivery?

Pretty sure we had that in AC09. One of the better traits of the game if you ask me.

While watching the 4th test, Australian 1st innings, I'm intrigued to asked whether a bowler can trick a batsman into a mistake.

Scenario:

A swing bowler like Anderson bowling to a left-handed batsman. I bowl three away going deliveries, the batsman either leaves them or plays and misses or solidly defends all three or single or two deliveries.

Then the 4th ball of the over I bowl a slightly faster in-swinging ball. Will the batsman be anticipating an away going delivery or will he be able to adjust to the incoming delivery?

I hope I'm making sense; something like setting up a batsman. Now I'm not saying I should get a wicket every time I do this, but maybe getting an inside-edge on the surprise delivery or hurrying up the batsman etc. would be awesome to see in action.

It has been said that this game will have proper AI that is not completely ball by ball.

Other games simply had batsmen and bowlers playing out a collection of individual balls. Cricket is not like that. There are bowling strategies that last overs, spells and even days.

Ross mentioned the play session will take place in august and it is already mid august, so ross when can we have an update on this? Correct me if im wrong guys. Thanks.

Ross mentioned the play session will take place in august and it is already mid august, so ross when can we have an update on this? Correct me if im wrong guys. Thanks.

Ross said the first one will require approval from the licencors. So chances are it might get a bit delayed.

Ross just a question regarding career mode.

How in depth is it relative to other games? You've got games like NBA 2k where you get ridiculous amounts of depth in the form of advertisements,sponsorships,social media, interviews, and the like. Then you've got the FIFA 13 BAP modes where you don't have that sort of stuff, but your player still grows and you sign contracts and I'd imagine it would still be considered in depth.

I'd imagine BA Cricket's iteration of a player career won't be amazingly in depth, but would you still consider it to be solid in terms of gameplay? Is it enjoyable? Obviously extras like the stuff I just mentioned are NOT the priority, but it would be good to get an idea of the level the career mode is at! :)

Can a batsman obstruct a fielder or bowler while running when the ball is near the running area??? and vice versa....:)

There is, particularly for bowling, but for batting it's better with the camera behind.

This is where I'm confused when people say "bowling camera" does that mean a IC2010 style bowling camera? or just your default broadcast cam? cheers!

Its nice to have the broadcast cam when just playing a game between two teams, however for me behind batsman cam will be very immersive during career mode!

This is where I'm confused when people say "bowling camera" does that mean a IC2010 style bowling camera? or just your default broadcast cam? cheers!

No by bowling camera I mean the typical broadcast camera. That's what Ross said.

For the "batting camera" it is behind the batsman but not near the ground level like in Cricket 2007 and IC2010. I posted a few comparisons earlier and suggested that it would be elevated, maybe at a similar level to the broadcast level (but behind the batsman, remember) and Ross said I was on the right track.

Apparently you can bat with the camera behind the bowler but with these new controls it doesn't feel natural. If you are a right-handed batsman then to hit a drive you would have to pull down the joystick but in real life you push the bat away from you when driving.

----------

Its nice to have the broadcast cam when just playing a game between two teams, however for me behind batsman cam will be very immersive during career mode!

For me in any game with a career mode I always played it using the typical broadcast camera. I always found the close, following cameras hard to handle and also found it difficult switching between them and the broadcast cameras depending on which game mode I was playing.

For the "batting camera" it is behind the batsman but not near the ground level like in Cricket 2007 and IC2010. I posted a few comparisons earlier and suggested that it would be elevated, maybe at a similar level to the broadcast level (but behind the batsman, remember) and Ross said I was on the right track.

By this do you mean it might look like the 'flip cam' in EA Cricket 2007?

Ross please answer this, or someone who really knows it answer pls, say im playing a friend local multiplayer and im batting, do i have the freedom to choose broadcast cam? I can not play other then that and lots of my friends love the bc cam. Pls shed some light thanks.

While watching the 4th test, Australian 1st innings, I'm intrigued to asked whether a bowler can trick a batsman into a mistake.

Scenario:

A swing bowler like Anderson bowling to a left-handed batsman. I bowl three away going deliveries, the batsman either leaves them or plays and misses or solidly defends all three or single or two deliveries.

Then the 4th ball of the over I bowl a slightly faster in-swinging ball. Will the batsman be anticipating an away going delivery or will he be able to adjust to the incoming delivery?

I hope I'm making sense; something like setting up a batsman. Now I'm not saying I should get a wicket every time I do this, but maybe getting an inside-edge on the surprise delivery or hurrying up the batsman etc. would be awesome to see in action.

I remember Rob Walkley talking about that for AC09. Chance of a dismissal increased if you bowled 3 in the same place then switched.

Never knew that about ac09. But i guess that is good. It was ridiculously easy game to begin with. If i knew that it would have become even easier.

Users who are viewing this thread