Post your questions about the game here!

No by bowling camera I mean the typical broadcast camera. That's what Ross said.

For the "batting camera" it is behind the batsman but not near the ground level like in Cricket 2007 and IC2010. I posted a few comparisons earlier and suggested that it would be elevated, maybe at a similar level to the broadcast level (but behind the batsman, remember) and Ross said I was on the right track.

Apparently you can bat with the camera behind the bowler but with these new controls it doesn't feel natural. If you are a right-handed batsman then to hit a drive you would have to pull down the joystick but in real life you push the bat away from you when driving.

----------

For me in any game with a career mode I always played it using the typical broadcast camera. I always found the close, following cameras hard to handle and also found it difficult switching between them and the broadcast cameras depending on which game mode I was playing.

Nice to hear there is a broadcast cam and as much as behind the camera is more natural I'd expect a game to be playable in normal broadcast cam (for me I like my games to look like tv)

I remember Rob Walkley talking about that for AC09. Chance of a dismissal increased if you bowled 3 in the same place then switched.

I've been playing a bit of AC09 recently and got Australia out for 45 in a Test match. This works.

Nice to hear there is a broadcast cam and as much as behind the camera is more natural I'd expect a game to be playable in normal broadcast cam (for me I like my games to look like tv)

We really need to play the game first though. It may feel much better the other way.

Again, I'd suggest you wait and see.

Are Madden NFL games played like you'd see on TV?

Are NHL games played like you'd see on TV?

I've no idea as I couldn't give the slightest toss about those sports. :p I just know that FIFA is played as you would see it on TV, and I want my cricket games to do the same.

I would like to ask how to make teams in groups for example make 4 groups of 16 teams or 2 groups of 8 teams or 2 groups of 14 teams etc because there is no option in "Don Bradman Cricket Academy" competition designer to make groups of teams.. why is that so ?????? it is dissapointing to see a game which has covered every aspect of the game but you can not make groups of teams because all tyhe major ICC tournaments is based upon groups ???? i need feedback, thanks

Who gives a tiny damn how those sports are played?

Many millions. I personally couldn't give a ---- about American Football but Hockey is superb, much better than association football (but let's not get into a debate on this thread)

Anyway, the point is that some games are naturally suited to being played with a television camera and some aren't. Whether or not you care about those sports is irrelevant.

In cricket as a bowler of course it makes sense to have the camera behind your back because you are bowling forward. The same goes for hockey because you shoot forward. One of them just happens to coincide with the television camera and the other doesn't.

When it comes to batting, you don't necessarily hit forward but you are facing forward so of course it's more natural to have the camera facing forward, from behind you. It also makes sense that the controls have been developed for this.

As Ross said though, there is the option to purely play with the camera behind the bowler, even when batting. You can also use broadcast cameras in hockey and American football games, they just aren't as comfortable.

It makes strategical sense for fifa to be played in the tele cam mode because it gives you widest view of the field to know who is where.

The same is not necessary for cricket or mlb because you just need to look at the field once to know who is where since players do not constantly change their positions. I am very interested to see how the behind the batsman camera works and implemented. If i do not like it i will go back to my trusty broadcast view. But sure wouldn't ignore a feature that BA themselves recommends everyone to play it in knowing it is extremely risky to promote changes like these.

No I'd still want to play the whole thing as you would see it on TV.

Totally agree. Ross/Mike please make sure we can play the game that way please.

Totally agree. Ross/Mike please make sure we can play the game that way please.

I just dont get this point at all. We dont know how the controllers work in the game itself.

We might me thanking our lucky stars that they have set it up the way they have because they have TESTED to the umpteenth degree, with real cricket players as well as consumers and found out that this was the most effective AND enjoyable way of playing.....let us just wait and see before passing judgement.

Yeah. The mlb the show example that someone raised should have really made more of an impact in my opinion. Its one thing looking at one of those vids, but playing mlb it makes absolutely sense.

Users who are viewing this thread