Post your questions about the game here!

I remember Rob Walkley talking about that for AC09. Chance of a dismissal increased if you bowled 3 in the same place then switched.

Wow. I didn't play AC09. But would have loved to having read that.

It is optional please chk post by angad

Which post by angad? And did ross mention somewhere that there will be broadcast cam for batting? Sorry if I missed it but for me broadcast is the only way to go. want to play the game as it is on Tv.

I don't think you'll need to press a button to catch the ball every time, if that's what you're asking. That would seem to be a fairly logical conclusion and I doubt something anyone would want in a game to constantly have to tediously hit "x" every delivery to catch the ball.

Fielding isn't "automatic" and you will have manual control, we know that for a fact... I think we can assume to a reasonable amount of accuracy that the keeper will catch the ball automatically.

Yea but what if the batsman edged then we need to press the button to catch isnt it ? This means the bowler will know there is an edge then how will BARS come into play

I believe therefore keeper needs to be controlled for all the balls
need clarification

----------

Which post by angad? And did ross mention somewhere that there will be broadcast cam for batting? Sorry if I missed it but for me broadcast is the only way to go. want to play the game as it is on Tv.

Yes Ross mentioned that broadcast cam is avlbl for batting as well but he also recommends the new camera angle to be better and fun to play

----------

Angad's post

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...on-bradman-cricket-14-read-first-83261-3.html

You have now posted six posts in different threads about this.......honestly, we know now, we really, really do.........

Dutchad dont assume, im a big fan of this game and love and respect what ross has done for we cricket lovers, it was all confusion about the cam thing because ross said there is no bc cam but later clarified which i missed and my fault. Thanks.

Dutchad dont assume, im a big fan of this game and love and respect what ross has done for we cricket lovers, it was all confusion about the cam thing because ross said there is no bc cam but later clarified which i missed and my fault. Thanks.

Its there. Can't find the post but read it couple of days ago

Confusion was that Ross was under the impression that its not there as it was never being used. But MikeM informed and Ross posted its there

EDIT: Here is the link http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2576968-post6466.html

It makes strategical sense for fifa to be played in the tele cam mode because it gives you widest view of the field to know who is where.

The same is not necessary for cricket or mlb because you just need to look at the field once to know who is where since players do not constantly change their positions. I am very interested to see how the behind the batsman camera works and implemented. If i do not like it i will go back to my trusty broadcast view. But sure wouldn't ignore a feature that BA themselves recommends everyone to play it in knowing it is extremely risky to promote changes like these.

I just dont get this point at all. We dont know how the controllers work in the game itself.

We might me thanking our lucky stars that they have set it up the way they have because they have TESTED to the umpteenth degree, with real cricket players as well as consumers and found out that this was the most effective AND enjoyable way of playing.....let us just wait and see before passing judgement.

True but what if someone just likes playing on tele cam...even if the controls are the best on the other cam some people just like it a certain way. I know we haven't played the game but I'm 80% sure I'll play on tele cam just because I love playing cricket games as if it's on tv...even if the batting cam is amazing!

True but what if someone just likes playing on tele cam...even if the controls are the best on the other cam some people just like it a certain way. I know we haven't played the game but I'm 80% sure I'll play on tele cam just because I love playing cricket games as if it's on tv...even if the batting cam is amazing!

Yeah, I agree with this. I will definately try the New camera angles and possibly end up using it permanently, but I think I have always liked my cricket games to look like it does on tv. Its not really an issue though, because we've got both, another big thumbs up to big ant for giving us the choice, the more options we have the better.

Got a quick question. I am looking forward to playing the game with classic teams I have created, but I don't want those classic players present in career mode. I remember playing PES years ago where this was unavoidable. So will our classic teams be kept separate from the career teams? Hope so, Thanks.

I would guess, based on what we've read, there's a bunch of default teams that you play for (or against) as part of the 'Be A Legend' mode... assuming those default teams are editable, then so long as you don't turn them into "classic" teams, then I think you're safe. I would assume any teams that you download from the server wouldn't be included as part of the 'Be A Legend' stuff, as they don't ship with the game they wouldn't be coded to be included in the 'Legend' section of the game?

_________

...and I've got a Q that needs an A; Ross/Mikey the Ubisoft team do developer "walkthrough" videos where they'll show a bunch of new features off during a brief gameplay walk-through and provide a developer commentary alongside it, explaining the new mechanics or features. What are the chances of you guys doing something along those lines, giving us a developers-perspective on a new feature or aspect of the game, perhaps a "walk-through" of a small part of the Be-A-Legend section of the game? That sort of thing...

Last edited:
On the keeper thing, maybe we control the keeper whenever there is an attempted shot by the batsman. Thus, if he misses by a mile, by a whisker or if it is edged we would have to catch it. i think this would solve the problem of drs also. Anyway just speculation until confirmed by Ross or MikeM or when we finally get to play it

So in career mode we can field or simulate....but not for batting.
I mean I would love to see how the tail enders performed in a tight situation after I got out...

Ross, is there any way that you could make batting simulation optional too?

PS:Still in its present form the career mode is, well, a dream come true..:thumbs

Ross, is there any way that you could make batting simulation optional too

Isn't that exactly what the arcade side of the game already does? The "Be A Legend" mode is about YOU (or your avatar) that you take through his career... if you want to 'play as a tailender' just crack open the 'arcade' or 'tour' modes, it's not something that makes any sense as being part of the 'Legend' mode of the game.

Ross/Mikey the Ubisoft team do developer "walkthrough" videos where they'll show a bunch of new features off during a brief gameplay walk-through and provide a developer commentary alongside it, explaining the new mechanics or features. What are the chances of you guys doing something along those lines, giving us a developers-perspective on a new feature or aspect of the game, perhaps a "walk-through" of a small part of the Be-A-Legend section of the game? That sort of thing...

I can't promise this but it is something I would like to have done, I think it would have to be gameplay footage, as you say, with voiceover explaining what is going on, like a directors/actors soundtrack that some DVD's have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread