Post your questions about the game here!

Isn't that exactly what the arcade side of the game already does? The "Be A Legend" mode is about YOU (or your avatar) that you take through his career... if you want to 'play as a tailender' just crack open the 'arcade' or 'tour' modes, it's not something that makes any sense as being part of the 'Legend' mode of the game.

I think he means actually getting to watch the CPU batsmen play, as opposed to seeing a scorecard at the end of the innings.

The Game won't know things in advance, its physics based simulation so not possible I guess.

Actually this is possible. All the game would have to do is run the simulation and see if there is a nick. If there is, it could put you into the game, replay the ball (but as if it were live) and then let you keep.

I'm not sure how fun this would be though. The biggest test of keepers is concentrating for the 99% of balls where you don't have to do anything. If you only had to keep for the 1% of balls where you know something will happen, it'd be much easier.

----------

I think he means actually getting to watch the CPU batsmen play, as opposed to seeing a scorecard at the end of the innings.

Yes and this is a good point. If I opened the batting and made a big century, I'd be very keen to watch some of my teammates trying to finish the game off.

I think that's pretty irrelevant for a career/legend mode where the whole angle is about your progression as a player?

...with voiceover explaining what is going on, like a directors/actors soundtrack that that some DVD's have.

Yeah, directors commentary basically. Ubi do it all the time, helps to point out little features that aren't instantly recognized or 'behind-the-scenes' mechanics (or physics) that are happening. I find them quite informative as you often forget there's always quite a bit of specific-technology in place. I remember a great video for ACIII* where they did a "Cut-Out" video showing the wire-frame technology working behind the tree-climbing/moving portions of the game and what was happening under the hood. It was really interesting to see how much time and effort goes into the smallest thing like the ability to climb and move through the tree. Goes along way to helping us demanding consumers know the practical limitations as well as the hard work that goes into every bit of the game; The simplest things to us can often be the hardest things for you guys to reproduce in the game.

*Say what you like about the game (it wasn't very good) the tree/open world forest portions of the game were genuinely amazing and having seen the behind-the-scenes stuff I certainly had a great appreciation for those sections of the game.

Yes and this is a good point. If I opened the batting and made a big century, I'd be very keen to watch some of my teammates trying to finish the game off.

True....also it would help in creating an atmosphere when you come to bat as well if you could view what happened before you, e.g. Whether the batsmen before you were bombarded with bouncers and found it impossible to bat, How the ball is behaving off the pitch, etc.

For clarification, you cannot simulate your own overs or batting.

You can simulate or spectate everything else.

Exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you!

Can we spectate from any camera angle we want, including some that you couldn't play the game in?

I think that's pretty irrelevant for a career/legend mode where the whole angle is about your progression as a player?

It's still nice to know though, in real life when you go out you don't wander back to the pavilion, get changed and drive home. I'd like to watch a close match with my team right to the end because its a team game. I do get where your coming from but I'm sure its more than just a few people who'd want to watch their team bat when their out, it would definitely make it feel more realistic to me being able to watch the rest of the game.

Hey Ross, I know this was discussed before but I am just concerned about recommended sys configuration for this game, there is so much in it that it doesn't looks to me core2 duo stuff but i3/i5 stuff and if that's true then I have to upgrade sys configuration asap before this game is out.

Please suggest when official sys configuration details are out ?

It's still nice to know though, in real life when you go out you don't wander back to the pavilion, get changed and drive home. I'd like to watch a close match with my team right to the end because its a team game. I do get where your coming from but I'm sure its more than just a few people who'd want to watch their team bat when their out, it would definitely make it feel more realistic to me being able to watch the rest of the game.

From my point of view I just simulate, others might want to see the conditions prior to themselves batting.

Looking forward to the review video but more importantly it'd be nice to see a bowling action. Seen some batting in the sneak peek but no bowling yet.

That's big news Ross. The option to spectate the match till your turn comes in career mode is awesome. This game just keeps getting better and better. The option to do anything you want, however you want it is something that is really special about this game.

That's big news Ross. The option to spectate the match till your turn comes in career mode is awesome. This game just keeps getting better and better. The option to do anything you want, however you want it is something that is really special about this game.

Know what Angad?

Every possible thing we've always though about ever that can be implemented in a cricket game is now a reality with this game!

Never though any company would ever dig this deep and produce a cricket game like this!

Cricket Gamers Dream Come True

Thanks 2 BA :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread