Post your questions about the game here!

Given the main form of cricket is test cricket and the majority of balls faced are not balls, not having a duck/leave button would be ridiculous and very surprising.

Given the main form of cricket is test cricket and the majority of balls faced are not balls, not having a duck/leave button would be ridiculous and very surprising.

You would have thought it would be obvious, previous releases have missed this though. As I have previously stated though, the attention to detail we have seen from Big Ant so far it would surprise me big time if it was missed.

You would have thought it would be obvious, previous releases have missed this though. As I have previously stated though, the attention to detail we have seen from Big Ant so far it would surprise me big time if it was missed.

It was missed in all (I think) of the Codemasters/Transmission games, except back in 99, but the EA games had a leave button, which also worked as a duck button.

Those Codemasters/Transmission games generally weren't very good though and that was one of the factors.

Pretty close including the sound. I turn commentary off for this it just doesn't seem appropriate.

Just want to know if commentary can be turned off/on during a match in the pause menu...

I too would like to bat with commentary off especially in career mode and then turn it on when i'm back at the pavilion...:)

The feeling of speed and being immersed in the game with first person batting isn't something I can get across enough, it's the feeling that you want to move that little bit closer to the screen, your concentration level goes up just a notch, because if you don't do those things you are making the long walk back to the pavilion very quickly.

3rd person cameras have that extra view, you get to see more of the surroundings, but first person, that's cricket.

I was planning to buy this on PC for ease of downloading and updating teams via CA. However with the news that there is first person batting then I need to play that on the big TV on the PS3. Looks like I am buying two versions now! :clap

that means nothing for us to cheer this week

On the contrary....there has been the news of the batting cam in first person mode, ther has been some banter and a few laughs and we are one more week towards release. The guys at BA deserve a nice quite Friday night and weekend dont you think after staying in until 2 am in the night last week to get a video out to us.

We are so quick to take things for granted.

Beside it is not as if this is the only thing in life to cheer about. There really is loads and loads of other things in life to cheer about, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the contrary....there has been the news of the batting cam in first person mode, ther has been some banter and a few laughs and we are one more week towards release. The guys at BA deserve a nice quite Friday night and weekend dont you think after staying in until 2 am in the night last week to get a video out to us.

We are so quick to take things for granted.

As if this is the only thing in life to cheer about. There really is loads and loads of other things in life to cheer about, honestly.

YEAH.. you are right as always.They deserve a nice friday..How could I can be soooo selfish??

----------

Heard creating group is not included..,how much truth in that?

YEAH.. you are right as always.They deserve a nice friday..How could I can be soooo selfish??

If they wanted next week also I say go for it, I had the best sleep of my life yesterday.:D PS Not saying I don't enjoy the gifts that ross/bigant give but I get a little to excited as others like to tease me about and yes I guess it's partly true.:yes

Still would love to hear a bit more about this first person view, sounds hard and I bet its harder than the other views.

----------

Not sure I am always right but perhaps I should just believe you!;)

Not sure what you mean with a group? Do you mean group tournaments or such? I dont have access to my pc at the moment so I cannot look in the editor but someone else will know I am sure....

----------

True, ross said on the cards for the next version I think.

HEY fifteen guests please login or register now ..THESE guys are sooooo nice..I made a mistake of not registering earlier,there by missing the love of these guys..Remorse..

----------

True, ross said on the cards for the next version I think.

IS there a chance of getting that in a special disc along with the Game..(greedy:)

Did ross and co confirmed a button for ducking?

How about a button for leaving the ball..like a wide of off stump ball?

Can't seem to remember anything regarding these controls.

Now I read this forum from head to toe so I do remember few facts ross/mike said about this subject.

There is no leave button, it's auto and I am fine with that for leaves as it's like the real thing.
Now for ducking the ball not sure, I did read somewhere there is a button for padding the ball away against spinners so maybe if you press the foot work stick without pressing the right stick(bat) then maybe you duck like that. PS only bigant know so let's hope ross is in a good mood with his football team and share this information with us today.:spy

Users who are viewing this thread