Post your questions about the game here!

You would have thought it would be obvious, previous releases have missed this though. As I have previously stated though, the attention to detail we have seen from Big Ant so far it would surprise me big time if it was missed.

I can imagine that it would be part of the batting controls......it would be brilliant if we could hold the bat in line whilst allowing the ball to go pass, getting rewarded for properly judging the leave which is a great skill in itself.

Hated it in ashes 09 that you would lose confidence for leaving a ball whereas it actually takes great skill and focus to allow a ball traveling at speed to whizz pass your off stump or over the stumps because you have judged the line and bounce properly.

Now I read this forum from head to toe so I do remember few facts ross/mike said about this subject.

There is no leave button, it's auto and I am fine with that for leaves as it's like the real thing.
Now for ducking the ball not sure, I did read somewhere there is a button for padding the ball away against spinners so maybe if you press the foot work stick without pressing the right stick(bat) then maybe you duck like that. PS only bigant know so let's hope ross is in a good mood with his football team and share this information with us today.:spy

IF they included that it would have been awsome..IF not then hope they will patch it.

HEY fifteen guests please login or register now ..THESE guys are sooooo nice..I made a mistake of not registering earlier,there by missing the love of these guys..Remorse..

----------

IS there a chance of getting that in a special disc along with the Game..(greedy:)

There will be a metal case special version of the game release also and that is all we know for now mate, if there is any extra goodies who knows.
PS I will be buying the special release as soon as ross let's us no when we can preorder it.

PS The people who are guest will register when they feel like it, no one rushers it as it takes time to knows who the big boys are and how to post here without annoying anyone(still can't do:lol) I was a guest for like 2 months and only found this site because I wanted to see information on future cricket games and well the rest is history.

Is that confirmed that leave is automatic? Cant imagine that.......are you sure? Cant find it anywhere but am maybe not looking properly........I will be slightly dissapointed if it is so as I think leaving is not just a question of doing nothing, you move your feet you put your bat up to protect the stumps if it changes line, you are very very active and it takes great skill.......

I can imagine that it would be part of the batting controls......it would be brilliant if we could hold the bat in line whilst allowing the ball to go pass, getting rewarded for properly judging the leave which is a great skill in itself.

Hated it in ashes 09 that you would lose confidence for leaving a ball whereas it actually takes great skill and focus to allow a ball traveling at speed to whizz pass your off stump or over the stumps because you have judged the line and bounce properly.

yes,especially in Test matches..BUT ross had over delivered than what we dreamt..so lets wait.I remember once he said he is putting some surprises for us.:)

IF they included that it would have been awsome..IF not then hope they will patch it.

Yes I asked that questions like 2 months ago if I guessed how this padding/duck could work. It's only guess work but I like the idea say on easy all you have to do is press in the left stick and it will auto duck/pad in the right directions for you but on harder difficulty level say you have to

press up/down/ right and left in the way you want to, maybe a turn on/off also as casual would hate this but nuts like me would love it.

----------

Is that confirmed that leave is automatic? Cant imagine that.......are you sure? Cant find it anywhere but am maybe not looking properly........I will be slightly dissapointed if it is so as I think leaving is not just a question of doing nothing, you move your feet you put your bat up to protect the stumps if it changes line, you are very very active and it takes great skill.......

If I am wrong then sorry dutch but im like 90% on this, I annoyed ross like 5 months ago and he said auto. After I asked if confidence would stay the same with no answer at the time. :spy

There will be a metal case special version of the game release also and that is all we know for now mate, if there is any extra goodies who knows.
PS I will be buying the special release as soon as ross let's us no when we can preorder it.

PS The people who are guest will register when they feel like it, no one rushers it as it takes time to knows who the big boys are and how to post here without annoying anyone(still can't do:lol) I was a guest for like 2 months and only found this site because I wanted to see information on future cricket games and well the rest is history.

Just shared my experience with them,not tying to compell them.;)
These game is sooo popular now ,Iam worried about NO STOCK

----------

DID ANYONE ASKED ABOUT PLAYERS that ship with the game because they look lean..Is that because they are created players?

----------

Yes I asked that questions like 2 months ago if I guessed how this padding/duck could work. It's only guess work but I like the idea say on easy all you have to do is press in the left stick and it will auto duck/pad in the right directions for you but on harder difficulty level say you have to

press up/down/ right and left in the way you want to, maybe a turn on/off also as casual would hate this but nuts like me would love it.

----------

If I am wrong then sorry dutch but im like 90% on this, I annoyed ross like 5 months ago and he said auto. After I asked if confidence would stay the same with no answer at the time. :spy

You pointed out a good thing ..I guess we must ask this Again..

Just shared my experience with them,not tying to compell them.;)
These game is sooo popular now ,Iam worried about NO STOCK

----------

DID ANYONE ASKED ABOUT PLAYERS that ship with the game because they look lean..Is that because they are created players?

----------

You pointed out a good thing ..I guess we must ask this Again..

I know dude, just having like 15 more newbies here at the same time is to much for poor Biggs.:lol

Cricket academy players can be tall/short and thin or larger, please download the beta and have a play mate.

PS Yes leaving and ducking for 2013 cricket games is a must, well for test/oneday cricket anyway. We will find out soon.:spy

as Dutchad said I really hope you have to actually leave, and not do nothing. and definitely leave should not affect batsman's confidence negatively. especially in a test match, if the bowlers bowl too wide/short and you're leaving it knowing they get tired and the ball get's soft, your confidence is going UP!!

as Dutchad said I really hope you have to actually leave, and not do nothing. and definitely leave should not affect batsman's confidence negatively. especially in a test match, if the bowlers bowl too wide/short and you're leaving it knowing they get tired and the ball get's soft, your confidence is going UP!!

With a user name like yours you must have been in absolute ecstacy watching todays "proceedings"!

Hopefully Ross or Mike can give some info on the whole leave and duck issue......good name for a pub that.......the leave and duck........

Unless something changed at the last minute second there was an active, non-automated, option to leave for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread