Post your questions about the game here!

are people missing the point?

Some of the questions asked are fairly odd, we have to remember I think ross said this game was made on a budget yet people are expecting everything to be in the game

yes, a fall of wicket would enable a change of equipment.

Hey Ross,
But generally players wear helmet to play the bowlers other than spin.It is good to have it between overs which makes the game more real.i dont understand why it is between a break?.playing fast bowlers without helmet?.Please add this feature.else it will be funny!!!!.or enable user to take a break whenever he wants.

Last edited:
Some of the questions asked are fairly odd, we have to remember I think ross said this game was made on a budget yet people are expecting everything to be in the game

Considering what we know about the game it already seems we're getting s far more realistic cricket game than ever before!! I think people should remember this is a GAME, albeit a very in depth one with features many of us have wanted before. Not worried what's not in the game or whether the batsman can scratch his balls change his cap or piss on the pitch!!! I'll just be happy to play a realistic and fun game when our cricket seasons ended and I'm waiting for the ashes series to start in oz!!

Ross/MikeM,

As I understand, while batting the power of the shot played depends on how far you move the left(or is it right?) stick on the controller. Does that mean, we won't have front-foot defensive shots racing to boundary like it does in real life?

Ross/MikeM,

As I understand, while batting the power of the shot played depends on how far you move the left(or is it right?) stick on the controller.

Read the batting controls again!! There are separate triggers (having multiple pressure points) for defensive and aggressive shots.

Read the batting controls again!! There are separate triggers (having multiple pressure points) for defensive and aggressive shots.

Fair enough, I re-read the controls. As I understand, triggers are to choose the type of shot i.e. attacking or defensive. But my initial question stays. Can a perfectly timed zero-power defensive shot result in ball racing to the boundary, because of the speed generated by the bowler?

Hey Ross,
But generally players wear helmet to play the bowlers other than spin.It is good to have it between overs which makes the game more real.i dont understand why it is between a break?.playing fast bowlers without helmet?.Please add this feature.else it will be funny!!!!.or enable user to take a break whenever he wants.

It's a technical issue to do with the way we allow the use of many props in the Academy, a side effect is that we cannot remove the helmet/cap while in view.

Not sure if asked, but in career mode, when fielding, will we have a first person view?

It's a technical issue to do with the way we allow the use of many props in the Academy, a side effect is that we cannot remove the helmet/cap while in view.

Then why can't it be done between the overs while the cam goes for a panoramic view of the ground with the scorecard displayed? There are plenty of alternatives to not show the player while the model with a different head gear is being loaded.

Because... SCIENCE! OKAY?!

Can I bowl a delivery much before the crease to avoid no ball in last ball win situation??But will I be able to bowl a good ball or will it affect the line ??:)

I think if the batsman can't change helmets aside from during a break then we'll simply have either helmets all the time or no helmets. This isn't a big deal since most batsmen wear a helmet even against spin but none don't wear a helmet against a quick.

In retro games we can play without helmets though which is pretty cool.

I think something that's a bit more important though relates to the helmets on the close in fielders. I think if they can't take off a helmet mid session then they won't be able to wear helmets at all since it'd be a bit silly if you took out the short leg and put him at third man but still wearing a helmet.

Hi Ross in career mode we will have one camera option or multiple camera options to choose from while batting ???

Users who are viewing this thread