Post your questions about the game here!

Will you be able to browse through the created players and download them on your console? Or do you have to do it from the PC? I've got a rubbish netbook so I am unable to run Don Bradman academy.:)

@Ross

Are you still trying to find out and remove -easy way shots / wickets- thing from the game or have you found no such thing till now ?

We refer to these as "exploits".

Almost all games have them but of course we would try to find and remove as many as possible. The exploits of biggest issue are generally in multiplayer where one player "cheats" another however these are the hardest to find as reproduce.

If there are any major exploits that we failed to find then we will patch them out of the game after release.

If there are any major exploits that we failed to find then we will patch them out of the game after release.

That's great and reassuring to know :)

The one thing I've always worried about in online sports games is the lag issue

What way will DBC14 work online will it be hosted by peer or through server?

Sorry I'm a bit clueless when it comes to technical Internet Stuff

That's great and reassuring to know :)

The one thing I've always worried about in online sports games is the lag issue

What way will DBC14 work online will it be hosted by peer or through server?

Sorry I'm a bit clueless when it comes to technical Internet Stuff

See:

52) For online, similar to almost all the games out there, DBC14 will also use a peer to peer network that has a "handshake" with PSN/XBLA - there is no server.

There won't be an issue with lag unless you have a terrible connection (we can't do much about that).

Changing the "walk" button and mikem pressing it all the time :lol

Will umpires offer light to the batsmen in this game or is that as bit too detailed. Will they look at a light meter? Awesome if they did- super realistic.

Will umpires offer light to the batsmen in this game or is that as bit too detailed. Will they look at a light meter? Awesome if they did- super realistic.

Umpires don't offer the light to batsmen in real life anymore - the umpires make the decision. That rule changed a while ago.

Taking the following from angad's "What we know about DBC14" post...

2) Cricket has dynamic lighting that has the sun incrementally move, shadows dynamically changing and cloud effects. We want you to feel that you are batting the middle of a cauldren, to feel tingles in your spine when you walk onto the field. The weather and light change in real time (accelerated for short matches), it is cool seeing day turn to night. If there is rain or drizzle the the overs are effected as per the rules of the match...

23) Rain and bad light can be optionally turned on/off.

Couple more questions:

1. will 1st person view be available on multiplayer?
2. could I play with a mate (coop on the same team) against AI but whoever goes out constantly takes over the incoming batsman?
3. in 1st person view...what will the running between wickets be like? I normally don't get nauseaus with video games however, using the view from the last teaser video (ie. where the batsman walks away from the pitch after blocking) which moves quite a bit....I can sort of see myself getting a bit nauseaus if thats what I have to see ie. the screen/helmet bouncing around as I run from stump to stump. Will we have an option for a diff camera setting? eg. 3rd person view but with the camera just behind you, just in case the above camera angle doesn't suit?

Thanks

Hey Ross - Are you able to give us any indication/clues/info about what the Xbox achievements might be/look like??

Hey Ross - Are you able to give us any indication/clues/info about what the Xbox achievements might be/look like??

You've seen one of them so far... the rest will be kept under wraps :)

Ross, I may be asking a bit but after sneak peak this week, can we still expect any more vid's this "Ross the boss" Friday's. :) just to make it more cheeky

I'm not really sure how to phrase this but here goes. If i'm playing co-op with a mate, are we able to bat at different levels? Like say I've got batting figured out by the time he comes around to play, while he's learning the game, can he just bat with simple inputs while i bat using all the input options?

Hope that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread