Post your questions about the game here!

Hey Guys, I dont know if anyone has asked this before and got an answer (as i couldnt find it on the forum), so im gonna ask it. Are all the stadiums of the same size, the ground circular in shape?? Because in real, stadiums are of different size and even shape like most English stadiums are not exactly circular. Sometimes one side of the ground has much shorter boundary compared to the other, has this been captured in the game? Just curious. :)

Hello Ross, I had asked the above earlier, could you please kindly share the details about it? Thank you :)

4 on one console vs 4 on another.
Obviously, but how do you divide up the control? Each player just randomly starts controlling someone different out of the 22 and just hope they all stay on the same screen?

For a fast moving game I can't imagine that working well in practice.

I haven't played it but if it is like our previous title then you can switch players to any of those unselected or it will automatically switch for you as the ball moves, 8 players is pretty hard 2 will beat 4 because of confusion.

----------

Hello Ross, I had asked the above earlier, could you please kindly share the details about it? Thank you :)

The grounds are different sizes and shapes.

I haven't played it but if it is like our previous title then you can switch players to any of those unselected or it will automatically switch for you as the ball moves, 8 players is pretty hard 2 will beat 4 because of confusion.

----------

The grounds are different sizes and shapes.

Waste of effort. Didn't you know all cricket grounds and cricketers are identical?

I'd like to think that my local ground is MCG sized and I have the body of Shane Watson.

I don't know how i did not find about this game till today but godamn! this is bloody amazing! so excited for this game. spent the whole day reading through this thread!

thank you so much to the people making this game!

ps- this was news that forced me to make an account and comment!

Finally someone who actually puts some effort in to know about this game!! Next thread to read for you is the q&a thread :P

Reading this post got me wondering...
On next consoles i want to be able to store all this data for every match a player takes part in and then be able to bring up info on things like how a batsman has been dismissed against spinners or pace etc. (just don't have quick and easy way to do it on current consoles)

Where does the PC fit in for the 'next-gen' console version of the game. Will updates that are made for them make their way to PC (and where possible the current gen consoles) or will the PS4/Xbone release of the game be a unique release?

Pretty similar to Fifa then!!!

Btw...how many players allowed in DBC14 for online co-op???

A question related to animation. Just now I was playing a cricket game and seen something about fielding which left me annoyed. :rolleyes
The fielder fields a ball and facing towards boundary throws the ball but ball flies out of his hand and automatically goes to wicket-keeper, next time in the similar scenario reaches to bowler.:facepalm :mad
Seems like alien cricket.:(
Till now you all might have guessed the game so no need to name.:D

How does the same happens in DBC 14? Does the fielder turns and looks toward the direction where he is going to throw or is it same? :spy

Last edited:
seems like elementary stuff. no way things like those passed through the screening process of this game.
btw i have read every single page from 250 onwards in this thread :yes

Pretty similar to Fifa then!!!

Btw...how many players allowed in DBC14 for online co-op???

Ross has consistently ignored this question. I get a feeling they are onto something here and probably do not want the other game's developers to know anything about co-op/multi-player at this point.

Their RLL2 has co-operative multiplayer matches with up to eight players (four a side) online so I don't think we will get anything less than that. And I am really looking forward to this.

How do you have 4 people playing together while batting? I can see two people batting and running. What are the other two guys supposed to do?

2 vs 2 makes more sense and 11 vs 11 would be epic, but the later is confirmed not to feature in the game.

How do you have 4 people playing together while batting? I can see two people batting and running. What are the other two guys supposed to do?

2 vs 2 makes more sense and 11 vs 11 would be epic, but the later is confirmed not to feature in the game.

I didn't know that there's 4 v 4 too :eek:

2 players obviously have to wait for their turn during batting... When a player gets out, he goes to 3rd position in the queue.

Last edited:
Reading this post got me wondering...

Where does the PC fit in for the 'next-gen' console version of the game. Will updates that are made for them make their way to PC (and where possible the current gen consoles) or will the PS4/Xbone release of the game be a unique release?

Good question, we are not 100% set on the answer. The likelihood is that the initial PS4/XB1 version will be an enhanced version of the PC/PS3/X360 and will talk to the existing Academy.

There will be unique things available that are just for the new platforms but I would envisage those becoming available in the subsequent PC version or in patches/DLC.

Users who are viewing this thread