Post your questions about the game here!

It's not up to me, more the distribution/publisher side of things but I cannot imagine a backup being available unless that is standard practise somewhere (which I doubt).

FYI Retailers in Australia offer scratch "insurance" when a disk is purchased.

Origin offers optional digital download for every copy registered.

Guys Ross said that he will be releasing a DBC14 Academy update on 20 Sep. He said that we will also be releasing videos from thereon. So I highly expect the Trailer to be released on 27 Sep which will be before October (Duhhh). In the end of the trailer he will obviously give the 25 October release date. (Most Likely) Which is Friday and much after GTA and before Ashes. :)

Guys Ross said that he will be releasing a DBC14 Academy update on 20 Sep. He said that we will also be releasing videos from thereon. So I highly expect the Trailer to be released on 27 Sep which will be before October (Duhhh). In the end of the trailer he will obviously give the 25 October release date. (Most Likely) Which is Friday and much after GTA and before Ashes. :)

This is exactly what I've been saying through all this time. The release date will be announced in the last weeks of September and the game itself will be released in the last weeks of October (before November). From a marketing point of view, this is the safest BA could get into. I don't see any scenario other than this. Nothing at all.

Yes. If this is true then it's the best time for the game to release. October end!! Pls come soon. My PS3 is waiting for this game.

To move the topic away from release dates discussion...

Ross/mikey, for online multiplayer, before the match start can we look into the rules and laws of the match? For example, whether the host has allowed drs, or any fielding restrictions he has put on or about 100 other options in BA (only one to blame here are you guys :p) he could have changed while creating the match? Or did you put restrictions on types of matches/rules that are changeable while playing online?

Those are placeholder dates, mate. Just pure estimates and may vary from retailer to retailer. No one knows 'the date' yet perhaps except for TruBlu and BA (no matter how much Ross denies that ;) ).
I get you Sahil, Thanx Bro, although Nov is far, I was finally delighted we have a release date

He said (though i think in an OLD post, i have been reading older pages of the forum this weekend incase i ever missed anything) that their plan was to announce release date and trailer, then screenshots and then more video... So hopefully the announcement of a big CA update and reuglar(ish) video after is an indication of big news soon...

I have long thought it would be out mid/late October and would only change if AC is going to miss November in which case they might wait and release to coincide with the Ashes. Right now i am pretty sure AC will not see the light of day so I hope it doesn't push DBC back to then...

----------

Ross/mikey, for online multiplayer, before the match start can we look into the rules and laws of the match? For example, whether the host has allowed drs, or any fielding restrictions he has put on or about 100 other options in BA (only one to blame here are you guys :p) he could have changed while creating the match? Or did you put restrictions on types of matches/rules that are changeable while playing online?

Sorry for moving it back to that ;)

But yeah that'd be a good and important feature - you need to know what game rules you're playing before starting.

@Ross - in the next CA update, will I be able to create an umpire directly without him having to be player? Will umpires have a nationality and will neutrality in Tests be enforced? (if not will there be a home bias setting ;))

----------

About career mode, is there context in terms of the performance of your national side? E.g. Would it be possible to have a Stuart Law type career where you're averaging over 50 in first class cricket but can't get a break in the test side due to them being too strong?

(and if so, would it be the same e.g. Australia is always hard to get into, or would you in one career see a weak aus side you can break into relatively easily, and in another a team that is very hard to get into?)

There are set match type for public play and private play is where you can modify all of the rules as much as you like.

If supposedly I am bowling and the batsman hits an almost straight grounded shot could I be able to get a hand to it which in turn is deflected and hits the stumps? Also will I slip when running between wickets? If injured will I be able to call for a runner in my place? Can my bat leave my hand and fly when I try to hit it hard? As a batsman can I call for a new bat anytime in the game? Will my bat also wear and tear like the pitch, could it also break? Also in career mode if I get injured during a match can I choose to rather stay on the pitch or choose to leave or will it be descisioned by the AI?

Last edited:
There's no runners in cricket anymore. For the rest I would say prolly not.

Ross : Any info on play session??:)

I was at the footy with the manager of EB today but daren't bring it up - he wasn't in a good mood... it will be locked in soon.

Take your own time we all now have the patience to wait for the game.....Just wanted to make sure things are going on smoothly......:yes:cheers

Users who are viewing this thread