Post your questions about the game here!

I Know bowling actions have been discussed but so far we have only seen that ape like fast bowler action (the one that ashes pretty much has) It's one of the ugliest actions I've seen if you don't know what I'm speaking of watch the sneak peak.

Also will there be a more fluent actions, like the TAOC replicated Brett Lee's action so well and it looked amazing!

Discussed bowling at length, it is interactive unlike the others mentioned.

I quite liked the bowling action I saw in BARS video especially from side on. It looked very good.
@Ross
I know you have said that the bowling action depends upon our inputs but the core of a bowlers action remains the same no matter what he bowls. I have seen a select bowlers change action for only a few type of deliveries. Shoaib Akhter used to get slingy when he wanted to bowl reversing yorkers for example. However his action when bowling full or short did not change significantly. It will be interesting to see what impact our inputs will have on bowling action in the game.

will there be different balls in different countries with different characteristics in terms of how they age/swing? (e.g. like kookaburra/reader/dukes) or just one type of ball?

With ample emphasis on ball physics, I think different ball should behave differently in varied conditions.

With ample emphasis on ball physics, I think different ball should behave differently in varied conditions.

yeah, but this is specifically about the ball, not conditions.

e.g. the duke has a bigger, harder seam than kookaburra. it tends to start swinging a bit later than a kookaburra, and stays new (conventional swing) longer and moves to reverse later, and stay newer harder longer.

i don't expect ross to reveal if they have these specific manufacturer licenses, just i would like to know if there are different types of balls with their own characteristics, or if movement is entirely related to pitch/weather conditions and shine on the ball

Even if the brands of ball don't do that - do the different colour options wear differently?

Discussed bowling at length, it is interactive unlike the others mentioned.

I meant the actual action of the bowler, in most games and in the clips you've shown it's a Flintoff type action, front of leading arm bent, will there be more fluent actions like Lee/Waqar Younis type? Thanks :)

I meant the actual action of the bowler, in most games and in the clips you've shown it's a Flintoff type action, front of leading arm bent, will there be more fluent actions like Lee/Waqar Younis type? Thanks :)

IIRC, there isn't a way to select a bowling action specifically for a player. So there'd be no point throwing in more generic actions which cannot be individually assigned.

The same action that gets modified a bit dependent on your inputs.

@punk

i think ross meant that the other games have set animation, whereas DBC has an animation that is reliant on the user-input and so you can't say "this guy has brett lee action"

therefore i guess the action will look as good as the player

So "meme-able" :)

Indeed :p

BTipffDCcAAtPVS.jpg:large

Users who are viewing this thread