Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, I'd like to ask you something about stat tracking.
For example, if I create a player, say "Yuvraj Singh", then if I create a tournament, say "Indian T20 League". Now, when he plays for this custom-made tournament, will his stats get tracked? I mean all stats under one roof, like ODI, Test, T20I, and any tournament I make.
And, one more thing. What remains a constant, the player or the team? I mean, do I make teams by shuffling up & putting in my created players and existing players OR do I make players for a particular team. That is, do I have the same "Yuvraj Singh" playing for different teams, or do I have different Yuvraj Singhs playing for Indian Team & any other custom team I make for a tournament?
I'd definitely like to know this, Ross.

PS: I know I haven't put this in the best way possible (too lengthy). So if anybody could sum it up & put it in a better manner.

Just a quick question in career will it show leading wicket takers, most runs, highest scores, best bowling etc. And over all team stats for the season.

So say I wanted to see how many runs one of my players have made this season can I select him and ir will show his career stats and current season stats

Sorry for the long question

Ross seems to be busy. Giving Cricket Academy Beta its final touches perhaps. It's release could be just around the corner. (Hope it is). :-)

Controls?

I'm probably a bit late to the party on this one - as I'm sure all of this is near completion - but for the controls on consoles I'd really like to see greater use of the joysticks for more realistic control. I think EA's Skate franchise and the Cricket 07 Century Stick are good things to look at. Stick control for batting is excellent as it allows for gentle pushes and chip shots, as well as greater variety in shot placement and picking gaps in the field.

As you've said before Ross, the bowling is controlled on timing and release rather than markers. If you took Skate for example, to ollie the user pulls the right stick down (to crouch) and then flicks it up (to pop the board and jump). If you pull it down and flick it diagonally up and left they perform a kick flip while diagonally up and right is a heel flip. By flicking in a rotation it performs a shove-it and there are a series of other trick combinations. (Search "EA Skate Trick Tutorial" on YouTube).

I thought that this would be a great basis for bowling. For example, as the bowler approaches the crease you pull down to begin delivery stride and for a pace bowler you flick straight up for a straight delivery, diagonally up left for outswing (to a right hander), diagonally up right for inswing, and for cut perhaps pulling down and then doing a half rotation right for leg cutter and half rotation left for an off cutter. You can then have full rotations for specialty deliveries like slower balls or reverse swing, and timing of the release then changes the length - although that then may be very difficult to face as a batsman. You could apply the same for spin bowling with flicks for stock deliveries and rotations for googlies, doosras, flippers, karam balls etc.

Perhaps something similar could be used for special batsman shots like upper cuts, scoops, reverse sweeps etc.

I understand it would probably be too late to implement these as you've already got your own controls set up but just thought I'd give some input anyway as a way to revolutionise bowling in cricket games and make it more life-like. If you have something similar to these controls I'd be stoked! If you could give us some info on how you've set it up that'd be great also. Can't wait for the release!

Ross, quick question. I was watching a youtube vid of RLL2 and felt that the end celebrations were too abrupt. Are we going to have atleast a bit more elaborate celebration this time?

Just a quick question for you Ross, Will the Duckworth/Lewis Method be incorporated into the game?

I would like to give a suggestion for the game ...In test matches the leaving the ball is very important when the delivery is difficult to play...I would like leaving the ball to have variety like in all the previous game we had front foot and a back foot leave...But for detailed leaving I would like pressing down and left arrow with a leave button (usually 'A') for a forward foot leave and only left arrow for moving the foot to the left side along with 'A' (usually useful for playing spinners)....likewise an up and right arrow for balls leaving the leg side(mainly cover up the stumps)....Such strategy may be used mainly against quality fast or spin bowlers to play out their overs...(even this would help the batsman gain little confidence)...I would surely be worth the effort if applied:cheers

cricket academy beta is going to be released as demo. What exactly is that, can we play some 5 overs in it or we will just have a hands on creating players and tweeting it?

I would like to give a suggestion for the game ...In test matches the leaving the ball is very important when the delivery is difficult to play...I would like leaving the ball to have variety like in all the previous game we had front foot and a back foot leave...But for detailed leaving I would like pressing down and left arrow with a leave button (usually 'A') for a forward foot leave and only left arrow for moving the foot to the left side along with 'A' (usually useful for playing spinners)....likewise an up and right arrow for balls leaving the leg side(mainly cover up the stumps)....Such strategy may be used mainly against quality fast or spin bowlers to play out their overs...(even this would help the batsman gain little confidence)...I would surely be worth the effort if applied:cheers

I am up for it...Leave innovations with different control combinations :p

Users who are viewing this thread