Post your questions about the game here!

Cant be sure of that. The reason for the player card not having any Intl. cricketer's name/kit could be because as per their agreement they are not supposed to reveal the licensed teams at this moment. Personally I dont care even if they dont have any official license at all. As long as the gameplay is what we have always dreamt of and with the cricket academy being good, I am more than happy to have a true PES of cricket :)!

Ah yes, you could be onto something with the player card.

If the game does have ICC Champions Trophy licenses, that would explain why we have heard nothing about it. The license holders make the first announcements then the game developers. *Fingers crossed*

Ah yes, you could be onto something with the player card.

If the game does have ICC Champions Trophy licenses, that would explain why we have heard nothing about it. The license holders make the first announcements then the game developers. *Fingers crossed*

I don't see why people are so keen to have licenses. If you have them then chances are you won't be able to edit those teams. When a company has gone to this much trouble of building us a fantastic editor, then I would feel I've missed out if I don't get to use it as much as I can.

I don't see why people are so keen to have licenses. If you have them then chances are you won't be able to edit those teams. When a company has gone to this much trouble of building us a fantastic editor, then I would feel I've missed out if I don't get to use it as much as I can.

Licenses have clout. I can guarantee that AC2013 will outsell this game, even though this one sounds better, purely because of the Ashes license.

I think they are yet to buy license. If I recall correctly, Ross said that license will be there but it's still undecided for whom. They probably are spending time in finishing up the game first and then they would think about license. You need to remember that Big Ant are still without a publisher for this game like they had True Blue for RLL2, so most likely they will get license once they have publisher who can provide them financial support for gaining license.

That's what I think at least.

I think they are yet to buy license. If I recall correctly, Ross said that license will be there but it's still undecided for whom. They probably are spending time in finishing up the game first and then they would think about license. You need to remember that Big Ant are still without a publisher for this game like they had True Blue for RLL2, so most likely they will get license once they have publisher who can provide them financial support for gaining license.

That's what I think at least.

How do you know they are without a publisher? Surely that would have been tied down by now? They are not going to make a full game without having a publisher already. That would be suicidal..........

They haven't reveled them which makes no sense to me to announce a cricket game but hiding the publisher. AFAIK Publishers are the one who reveal game features, not the developers itself.

They haven't reveled them which makes no sense to me to announce a cricket game but hiding the publisher. AFAIK Publishers are the one who reveal game features, not the developers itself.

Well it is certainly not the way it is working with Ashes 2013. I am not in the business, but I cannot imagine a company spending so much time, money and resources without having a guarenteed publisher for the product.

Ross said it was his pet project so it makes sense to work on a project before signing the agreement with publishers. Maybe they are in process of teaming up with them so they are finishing up the game without depending on publishers. IDK, it just doesn't make sense to me to reveal all the features and even downloadable Cricket Academy without any announcement from publishers. Publishers are the one whose job is to advertise and revealing features at suitable time. If the game is about to release in 3-4 months, don't you think we would have at least heard about the announcement of game from publishers.

Last edited:
Ross said it was his pet project so it makes sense to work on a project before signing the agreement with publishers. Maybe they are in process of teaming up with them so they are finishing up the game without depending on publishers. IDK, it just doesn't make sense to me to reveal all the features and even downloadable Cricket Academy without any announcement from publishers. Publishers are the one whose job is to advertise and revealing features at suitable time. If the game is about to release in 3-4 months, don't you think we would have at least heard about the announcement of game from publishers.

Pet project maybe, but still a business venture that Big Ant will want to make money from. They wouldn't have mo-capped animations, spent months coding the game and give us a downloadable player editor if they had not secured a method of distributing the game.

Either the publishers are going to market the game once the game is signed off as finished, or Big Ant are self-publishing.

If my memory is good, Ross had already mentioned BigAnt is self publishing this title.
And I guess cricket academy would feature only default kits, if there are any licences. But I think the licences would rather be with bat and kit manufacturers and stadiums too.
But I also remember Ross mentioning that they created the players completely from the cricket academy. That could be anything though. Should wait and see.

Even if BigAnt is self-publishing, there has to be some reason why they have not released the official name of the game :)!

Even if BigAnt is self-publishing, there has to be some reason why they have not released the official name of the game :)!

I dug this up from a pretty old post. Should answer your question too, I guess.

The complete trailer will be ready by start of January, the release of it will be a marketing decision. There will be many screenshots along the way, their release will also be dictated by marketing. This may not be what people want to hear but I would like to be honest and hope people understand that in order for the game to be profitable and maintained for future versions that marketing and timing of release will be just as important as when the developement is finished.

As much as most of us would sacrifice licensing for a good editor, we need to remember that we are not the only people buying/playing the game. If 90% of people just want an authentic game they are going to go with the licensed game. Yes you are less restricted with an editor, but do the majority of buyers want to spend time creating their team or just play for the realism? Yes Big Ant are clever in providing online team sharing but there's still a demographic who don't have internet or who won't get involved with online gaming.

I was referring to an ICC Champions Trophy mode, same principle as the Cricket 2007 World Cup game.

Last edited:
On the flipside one of (if not the) the best selling cricket games, Brian Lara/Shane Warne '99 was unlicenced except for the title players. It is a factor, but not the defining one.

Users who are viewing this thread