Post your questions about the game here!

As much as most of us would sacrifice licensing for a good editor, we need to remember that we are not the only people buying/playing the game. If 90% of people just want an authentic game they are going to go with the licensed game. Yes you are less restricted with an editor, but do the majority of buyers want to spend time creating their team or just play for the realism? Yes Big Ant are clever in providing online team sharing but there's still a demographic who don't have internet or who won't get involved with online gaming.

There is no doubt ashes is a big factor in australia and england and a lot of people will be attracted to that game in those two countries. But i doubt those people in australia and england dont have access to online and would not be aware about big ant game's player sharing feature.

On the other hand a lot of people in asian countries do not have internet access. But Those are the people who wont give a crap about whether the australia or england team is licensed or not since their own team is not licensed. They would end up buying the game that is more accessile to them and hugely editable like C07. And big ant's game seems like the more editable of the two right now.

And lets not forget the huge asian population leaving in the USA and england who obviously have some form of decent internet connections and would also rather go for the more editable version.

There is no doubt ashes is a big factor in australia and england and a lot of people will be attracted to that game in those two countries. But i doubt those people in australia and england dont have access to online and would not be aware about big ant game's player sharing feature.

On the other hand a lot of people in asian countries do not have internet access. But Those are the people who wont give a crap about whether the australia or england team is licensed or not since their own team is not licensed. They would end up buying the game that is more accessile to them and hugely editable like C07. And big ant's game seems like the more editable of the two right now.

And lets not forget the huge asian population leaving in the USA and england who obviously have some form of decent internet connections and would also rather go for the more editable version.

Some good points here, I was referring to a fully licensed ICC mode with licensed players not just Australia and England. As far as the Ashes are concerned, I can understand how there would be less interest in countries other than the competing nations. What I'm worried about is the evolution of the user. Will most users go the "customization" route or the "licensed" one? Not everyone is a hardcore gamer especially when it comes to cricket. Some people just want to bowl as Dale Steyn, dominate bowling attacks as Chris Gayle. I don't think the hardcore cricket gamers would mind either way, but the gaming market is very unpredictable. But Would Tiger Woods PGA sell as well without Tiger Woods/licensed players in it? Celebrity endorsements are very important. Without them magazines wouldn't sell half as many copies, movies with high profile actors generally bring in more money. Youngsters want to be able to play along side their cricket heroes. I don't mind whether the game is licensed or not, but I'm just one person not the public. At the end of the day, if the game sells well we will get another one, so the game needs to be as appealing (to the wider public) as possible.

Some good points here, I was referring to a fully licensed ICC mode with licensed players not just Australia and England. As far as the Ashes are concerned, I can understand how there would be less interest in countries other than the competing nations. What I'm worried about is the evolution of the user. Will most users go the "customization" route or the "licensed" one? Not everyone is a hardcore gamer especially when it comes to cricket. Some people just want to bowl as Dale Steyn, dominate bowling attacks as Chris Gayle. I don't think the hardcore cricket gamers would mind either way, but the gaming market is very unpredictable. But Would Tiger Woods PGA sell as well without Tiger Woods/licensed players in it? Celebrity endorsements are very important. Without them magazines wouldn't sell half as many copies, movies with high profile actors generally bring in more money. Youngsters want to be able to play along side their cricket heroes. I don't mind whether the game is licensed or not, but I'm just one person not the public. At the end of the day, if the game sells well we will get another one, so the game needs to be as appealing (to the wider public) as possible.

Yeh....with the casual audience, licenses is a must. Thats the reason why FIFA always (almost) was more popular than PES.

Yes i agree that a FULLY licensed game will definitely sell much more than a partially licensed or completely unlicensed game given similar gameplay quality. I know even I would buy the licensed one first. I was replying generally to that view expressed by someone aout ac2013 selling more than this game. Though tht will be true in australia and england, I just think that the rest of the world will even it out in the end due to the flexibility this game seems to have.

I will just buy all cricket games regardless, in the hope of one day bumping my head against THE GAME.

Do we get to play with different set of camera angels,and are there any highlights option that we get to see soon after the innings and/or the match,like fall of wickets,or of the most sixes by a batsmen,or of a spectacular catch.Do we even have an option to save replays and share it online.

Last edited:
ross, you mentioned in your first interview that there is no anytime replay in the game. only highlights will automatically be shown as replays and can be posted on youtube or fb. Has this changed?? Have you included anytime replays or is it still the same??

better yet would be able to "capture videos" of the game in ps3/xbox360 if it is possible. for example capturing a maximum of one over of the game to show off a tight last over game and posting it on fb.

better yet would be able to "capture videos" of the game in ps3/xbox360 if it is possible. for example capturing a maximum of one over of the game to show off a tight last over game and posting it on fb.

This was one of the most requested feature for RLL2 as well :p.....dont think we would have it in this game though since 'anytime replay' is not available....maybe in the next version.

Is the background from the game ???PlanetCricket ? Big Ant Cricket
This is,
bigant.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread