Post your questions about the game here!

I've never heard of someone upgrading their PC for a specific game, that would be a crazy persons way of thinking, there's vastly better reasons to upgrade your PC. That being said, if it can run the CA Beta then you're fine to run the game, so again, I don't really understand what difference the spec information has to ones PC hardware, or lack thereof.
If my PC runs the game slowly I'll be upgrading it, because DBC will be a tipping point - there's a bunch of other games that could run a bit better, but none of them that I'd upgrade to improve.

I wouldn't rely too much on the CA beta as a benchmark - you're comparing rendering one player and a background to 13 players, a stadium and more. You'll need to be running the CA full res at full speed to be sure of the game running well imo.

If my PC runs the game slowly I'll be upgrading it, because DBC will be a tipping point...

I think that's a measuring stick difference between us* because I'd upgrade for non-game reasons first. As it is, until the game is in the wild the spec requirements don't make much difference right now, because there's no game to buy, therefore no need to upgrade or not. So it's all chicken before the egg stuff...

*euphemism

I've never heard of someone upgrading their PC for a specific game, that would be a crazy persons way of thinking, there's vastly better reasons to upgrade your PC. That being said, if it can run the CA Beta then you're fine to run the game, so again, I don't really understand what difference the spec information has to ones PC hardware, or lack thereof.

Bought a new PC to play AC09. Bought a PS3 to play IC10...
Was it all worth it? ;)

You've told me that before, I judged you then and I judge you now.

I think that's a measuring stick difference between us* because I'd upgrade for non-game reasons first.
What's the non-game reason for upgrading my graphics card?

----------

Hey Ross will the video tomorrow be released around the standard 6pm Melbourne time?
Considering he's releasing something on a Tuesday everything we know is out the window. I'd expect it at 2:14am

Since this is a current gen game and you can buy a 360 for barely more than the cost of the game, it'd be hard to justify a computer upgrade for just one game. I've considered a new Windows computer just for gaming but can't quite justify it given I have a 360 and will get a PS4 and they aren't THAT expensive.

Consoles are getting cheaper and cheaper. Perhaps it's going the way of mobile phones, where you get the phone almost for "free", so it sounds like a great deal, but you pay loads per month. If internet speeds keep increasing (okay not in Australia, thanks Tony) then it may be possible to have "console plans" where you pay little for the console but then a monthly fee for games that you purely get via downloading and perhaps streaming.

Consoles are getting cheaper and cheaper. Perhaps it's going the way of mobile phones, where you get the phone almost for "free", so it sounds like a great deal, but you pay loads per month. If internet speeds keep increasing (okay not in Australia, thanks Tony) then it may be possible to have "console plans" where you pay little for the console but then a monthly fee for games that you purely get via downloading and perhaps streaming.

I doubt it very much. A subscription service would put an upper-limit on what a creator could make from their game - and I don't think anyone would accept that.

I could see games becoming available for subscription like a way down the line (in a similar vein to Netflix or Lovefilm streaming) but well after a retail release has already secured a return on their investment.

I'm constantly surprised Nintendo doesn't do a subscription service on their platform of all their old classic games from yesteryear... Decades of amazing titles.

I'm constantly surprised Nintendo doesn't do a subscription service on their platform of all their old classic games from yesteryear... Decades of amazing titles.

Considering the only thing making any money for Nintendo these days is old IP, I don't think they can afford to give it away for anything other than TOP dollar. :)

Users who are viewing this thread