Post your questions about the game here!

i'm not sure if it counts as documentary but i've noticed from my rooting around CA over the last few days that a lot of players from the various tours, plus the SA teams of those times are in CA (either linkable to on-disc or just created) and i thought to play those sort of games would be hugely interesting.

the movie looks really good. it's one of those incidents i know of, but know very little about. i shall keep an eye out for it.

His time is the best of any Australian for 200m, it has stood for 50 years, indeed the silver medal he won in 1968 had a time that would have won gold at the 2000 Olympics in Australia.

He never ran again for Australia despite running 20+ qualifying times before Munich, they never wanted him to run again, they decided to not take a sprint team so as to leave him out. He was also not invited to any AOC events post those Olympics, even in 2000 for Sydney where previous medal winners had a lap of honour, he did not. He was invited to the 2000 Olympics as part of the US team and was hosted by them. What made all of this especially incredible was that all Australian eyes were on Cathy Freeman.

The others on the dias in Mexico were his poll bearers, and he did end up getting him posthumous apology, I think this is worth a look:
PETER NORMAN TO GET APOLOGY ABC 7.30 REPORT 20 August 2012 on Vimeo

His time is the best of any Australian for 200m, it has stood for 50 years, indeed the silver medal he won in 1968 had a time that would have won gold at the 2000 Olympics in Australia.

He never ran again for Australia despite running 20+ qualifying times before Munich, they never wanted him to run again, they decided to not take a sprint team so as to leave him out. He was also not invited to any AOC events post those Olympics, even in 2000 for Sydney where previous medal winners had a lap of honour, he did not. He was invited to the 2000 Olympics as part of the US team and was hosted by them. What made all of this especially incredible was that all Australian eyes were on Cathy Freeman.

The others on the dias in Mexico were his poll bearers, and he did end up getting him posthumous apology, I think this is worth a look:
PETER NORMAN TO GET APOLOGY ABC 7.30 REPORT 20 August 2012 on Vimeo

wow, that is absolutely astonishing. unbelievable that they hold a grudge like that at an organisational level, for so long! mind boggling.

those vids were fascinating - thanks for sharing them.

I noticed the batsmens top hand and arm are very weirdly bent. Bug, glitch or Suck it up?

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2013-10-18-14h50m42s239.jpg
    vlcsnap-2013-10-18-14h50m42s239.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 91
I noticed the batsmens top hand and arm are very weirdly bent. Bug, glitch or Suck it up?

''Warts and all''

I could be wrong but I think I remember Ross saying that in full motion you wont notice these kind of things, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

Is there a first person camera angle for bowling ?? :)

Is there a first person camera angle for bowling ?? :)

I think Ross had mentioned this wont be possible as it could cause motion sickness or something along those lines.

Ross any news about commentary or commentators ? :D

Yes would love to know who the commentators are, i have seen this question asked in other posts too with no answer. If anyone is heading to the play session please post some of your thoughts regarding the commentary.

yeah i noticed Ross is avoiding that question every time lol Come'on Ross

Yeah maybe Snowy but it is strange we don't know who we will be listening to everyday soon. PS Even Ashes 2013 has released there commentary team.:spy

Ashes 13 have released every thing except the game :p

I wouldn't be surprised if the commentary is a recorded one by BA team which should be fine to have IMO, as all it matters is gameplay.

But Its ok since we are gonna hear that amazing commentary anyway after 3 days during the play-session :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the commentary is a recorded one by BA team which should be fine to have IMO, as all it matters is gameplay.
I would be very surprised and disappointed if the commentary wasn't from professional cricket commentators.

Users who are viewing this thread