Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, what will people be playing on Thursday? Will it be the full retail disc?

I remember its been confirmed as retail disc....Correct me if i am wrong...

Ross, what will people be playing on Thursday? Will it be the full retail disc?

That would be great, although I just bought football manager 14 to fill in the time, be typical for this to come out before I've got my team promoted!!!! If DB14 is as playable as FM14 ill be single by Christmas!!!!!

Full game, Blocker. That's what we've been told. Exact phrasing was "we have nothing to hide"

That would be great, although I just bought football manager 14 to fill in the time, be typical for this to come out before I've got my team promoted!!!! If DB14 is as playable as FM14 ill be single by Christmas!!!!!

first time i haven't bought fm as soon as it came out, but that was mostly cuz it was 34.9 on steam and i thought nuts to that.

----------

Full game, Blocker. That's what we've been told. Exact phrasing was "we have nothing to hide"

yes, i thought that was what had been said previously, but i was unsure if that meant retail discs or not. though the point of the question was to understand if anything could be turned off, but the "nothing to hide" is pretty unequivocal that it won't be. (also to find out if retail discs had been pressed.)

yes, i thought that was what had been said previously, but i was unsure if that meant retail discs or not. though the point of the question was to understand if anything could be turned off, but the "nothing to hide" is pretty unequivocal that it won't be. (also to find out if retail discs had been pressed.)
I'm sure someone's finger will slip onto the eject button...

I'm sure someone's finger will slip onto the eject button...

Aren't the consoles normally locked away though in a glass box? Something similar to this:

ps4_pod.jpg

first time i haven't bought fm as soon as it came out, but that was mostly cuz it was 34.9 on steam and i thought nuts to that.

----------

I wasn't gonna buy it but me Missis bought me it to stop me moaning bout waitin for DB14!!!! Then at 3am she starts moaning that me screaming "WIIIIDE" at my CM wasn't on, and reminded me I had to go to work!!!!she won't be happy when the ashes is on all night and DB14s on all day!!!

She's gonna love it later when I'm up watching the cricket!!!

Her quote if the week is " this week I will be mostly sleeping on the landing"

----------

I wasn't gonna buy it but me Missis bought me it to stop me moaning bout waitin for DB14!!!! Then at 3am she starts moaning that me screaming "WIIIIDE" at my CM wasn't on, and reminded me I had to go to work!!!!she won't be happy when the ashes is on all night and DB14s on all day!!!

She's gonna love it later when I'm up watching the cricket!!!

Her quote if the week is " this week I will be mostly sleeping on the landing"
yeah, i am still not sure how to break it to my wife that i will be spending most of the winter working from home and operating on aussie time!!

ross, to help with setting the attributes etc. could you please explain consistency a bit?

does it operate match to match (or series to series) or is it within an innnings? i.e. if a bowler has high accuracy, but low consistency, might you see him spray the ball around in a single innings(e.g. first spell good, second spell less so) or spell (2 good overs, third bad), or would it affect his "form" between games - e.g. game 1 he is on the money, game 2 less so?

Any commentators would do I would love to see a couple of commentators not just 2 and them rotating as the game goes on like Ashes 09 wii version. Also would like to see some young commentators like Brendan Julian from big bash!

ross, to help with setting the attributes etc. could you please explain consistency a bit?

does it operate match to match (or series to series) or is it within an innnings? i.e. if a bowler has high accuracy, but low consistency, might you see him spray the ball around in a single innings(e.g. first spell good, second spell less so) or spell (2 good overs, third bad), or would it affect his "form" between games - e.g. game 1 he is on the money, game 2 less so?

further, there are few other issues still hanging, wondering if we will get answers to these before the play session, or at least before release:

1)can you explain what the helmet rankings mean (1-5), and whether the rankings or individual skills are more important: e.g. who bowls the better off spinner, a 3-helmet with off break maxed out, or a 5-helmet with off break at 80%? this is the most important - i have over skilled some players, giving swann a high doosra, for example even though he doesn't bowl one, to get him up to a 5 - if the individual skills are what matter i will need to do a lot of changing

2)for the stats tracking, what constitutes a "test" - a first class match between internationals? a 5 day first class match between internationals? is there a distinction between international teams (e.g. between those with test status and those without)

3)will it be possible to play first class matches with 8 ball overs?

Last edited:
Hey Ross
A question popped up in my mind thought of asking it
Will the keeper take off his gloves to throw the ball at the other end of the pitch to get the quick run out or will he just throw it underarm?

IN previous games keepers do throw at opposite ends when they feel a quick RUNOUT is possible but with gloves on and looks awkward as it is UNREAL!!!
:cheers

Would like to know the answer to question 1 too BD, but I can't understand you giving Swann a doosra rating, its going to look pretty silly in the game when he starts bowling doosras, when he's probably never bowled one in his life.

I think maybe we should trust the skills will transform to the game and reflect the real life player. I suspect the helmet rating is a flawed system of rating a player.

Users who are viewing this thread