Post your questions about the game here!

Would like to know the answer to question 1 too BD, but I can't understand you giving Swann a doosra rating, its going to look pretty silly in the game when he starts bowling doosras, when he's probably never bowled one in his life.

I think maybe we should trust the skills will transform to the game and reflect the real life player. I suspect the helmet rating is a flawed system of rating a player.

Equally it looks odd to me having Swann as a 3 spinner which is all you can get without giving him a doosra. Which is why I am keen to know the answer to which is the main reflection of their ability. It is a shortcoming if the best spinners must have every delivery.

I'm much more likely to play as England than against so I won't see Swann bowl a doosra

Equally it looks odd to me having Swann as a 3 spinner which is all you can get without giving him a doosra. Which is why I am keen to know the answer to which is the main reflection of their ability. It is a shortcoming if the best spinners must have every delivery.

I Agree. One thing I don't like is the rating system. Obviously it's too late now to change it but I would prefer a FIFA style rating system with 1-100 overall rating rather than 1-5 helmet rating.

Also, what is the diamond/triangle shaped thing with a number on it next to each team in the 'Team Manager' section? How does it work? What does it mean?

I'm much more likely to play as England than against so I won't see Swann bowl a doosra

Yeah, I hope they address this in the next ca update. I remember giving skills to stuart broad, I gave him his bowling skills first which gave him a 5 helmet, then gave him batting skills at around 20% for each, his helmet was still 5, then I thought, no he deserves around 40% for batting, so I upped the skills and it suddenly classed him an allrounder and lowered his helmet to 2 or 3, so that to me shows the system is flawed.

The only worry I have is if the ai picks a team based on the helmet rating. It would mean bowlers like Broad and Swann who can bat a bit could get overlooked and be replaced by average bowlers who can't bat.

Can Ross/Mike enlighten us to how ai picks a team?

Yeah, I hope they address this in the next ca update. I remember giving skills to stuart broad, I gave him his bowling skills first which gave him a 5 helmet, then gave him batting skills at around 20% for each, his helmet was still 5, then I thought, no he deserves around 40% for batting, so I upped the skills and it suddenly classed him an allrounder and lowered his helmet to 2 or 3, so that to me shows the system is flawed.

The only worry I have is if the ai picks a team based on the helmet rating. It would mean bowlers like Broad and Swann who can bat a bit could get overlooked and be replaced by average bowlers who can't bat.

Very good points you're making there. Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn in the earlier builds of Cricket Academy we could choose manually whether a player was a batting all rounder or bowling all rounder??

absolutely spot on. this has been a big concern of mine for a while... you cannot do an "average" spinner of the old English type who could bat a bit - giles, emburey etc. - without them being a 1 helmet all rounder.

we need some more info on that - because the default players are fairly randomly skilled, you can't really use that as a guide and they've avoided the issue so far.

Last edited:
Is there any danger of us getting to see a proper gameplay video before release? By proper, I mean a few overs from a match.

Is there any danger of us getting to see a proper gameplay video before release? By proper, I mean a few overs from a match.

Any danger in realising this has been posted an umpteen number of times already?

We'll get whatever it is we're getting when it's ready.

Very good points you're making there. Correct me if I'm wrong but I could have sworn in the earlier builds of Cricket Academy we could choose manually whether a player was a batting all rounder or bowling all rounder??

I only downloaded later versions of CA so not sure on this, but it was said in career mode we'd be able choose batting or bowling all rounder but that it may switch automatically over time based on how the skills developed, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's always been that way in CA - because if you chose bowling all rounder then loaded the batting it'd look silly.

Any danger in realising this has been posted an umpteen number of times already?

We'll get whatever it is we're getting when it's ready.

No need to get arsey, it was a genuine question, I'm not searching through hundreds of pages to see if it has been asked before! And in my opinion it is something we should have been able to see some time ago!

No need to get arsey, it was a genuine question, I'm not searching through hundreds of pages to see if it has been asked before! And in my opinion it is something we should have been able to see some time ago!

You don't think 'post a gameplay video' would have been asked before?

Dude, there are 17 pages of results for that search, no way am I wading through all that lot. Anyway, I don't know why I am debating this with you, I'd just like some kind of reply from someone who works within the game, and knows what they are talking about. BTW, don't bother turning this into a flame, I ignore flamers and trolls.

You don't need to search. It's fairly safe to assume someone has asked for a video in the last 100+ pages.

There will be plenty of gameplay footage after the play session.

Lets keep it civil guys. It is indeed a real pain to wade through threads and threads of stuff and we will have to accept that a lot of people will not have followed everything from the beginning. Lets make sure that new people get that nice friendly PC welcome that you are used to from me.......

....bunch of tossers.....oops....is my keyboard still working....what....

There will be plenty of gameplay footage after the play session.

If and only if, Ross doesn't hand over any contracts to people in play session for signing with statements 'Recorded footage should not be posted in public media. They are allowed to talk about it but not show them in public'.

Am aware that Ross is not big fan of trailers as he believes what users see in play session is reality & better than company posting trailers, I love that idea. However, since this is a big dream project for BA( assuming from statements of the best game ever made ) - I still doubt whether the first complete footage would be from fans than the publishers. ;) It is just my assumption and calculation though, I may be wrong. :D

Users who are viewing this thread