Post your questions about the game here!

I thought about it the other day, so many of the batsmen are skilled highly to reflect their records that they're pretty much all the same. Having pace/spin skill would separate them a bit. Also it would give more realism to touring the sub continent. Do you pick 2 spinners on bunsens against a team who thrive on spin or go for for seamers and hope there fit enough to toil away in the heat with little assistance from the pitch!!
Watching the Ind v WI test the spinners took the wickets but the Indian opening bowlers were great with the new ball!!! Really got me thinking how excited I am for this game!!

Just imagine toiling away for the majority of the day, you can't buy a wicket so you bring on one of your part timers...and boom! Howzaatttt!! Got him!

^Hope we get moments like this in the game :)

2 questions.

The controls noted that there is a 'pro cam' view for checking the field placements as a batsman. During the play session vids I never noticed anyone using this (except when some of the later sessions were doing pro-view), or any possible time in which you could review the field placings. Are you able to view the field with plenty of time before taking position and allowing the bowler to start their run up?

Annnddd.. I forgot my second question.. bugga. :noway

The controls noted that there is a 'pro cam' view for checking the field placements as a batsman. During the play session vids I never noticed anyone using this (except when some of the later sessions were doing pro-view), or any possible time in which you could review the field placings. Are you able to view the field with plenty of time before taking position and allowing the bowler to start their run up?
This is one of those things that I did but didn't record - I was playing from the behind the batsman camera, held down the button and it zooms into a first person view (like looking out the eyes) and you can then use the stick to look around the field.

Someone from Big Ant mentioned to me you get it for 5 seconds before a ball is bowled (to prevent time wasting in multiplayer).

This is one of those things that I did but didn't record - I was playing from the behind the batsman camera, held down the button and it zooms into a first person view (like looking out the eyes) and you can then use the stick to look around the field.

Someone from Big Ant mentioned to me you get it for 5 seconds before a ball is bowled (to prevent time wasting in multiplayer).

Are there any other way to view the field while i am batting? A live aerial shot of the stadium would be nice.

Are there any other way to view the field while i am batting? A live aerial shot of the stadium would be nice.

The radar we used to get (I'm talking about the last cricket game I owned here.. Brian Lara cricket 95 I think.. lolz) was handy, but am estatically happy (if) we are restricted to out of the batsmans eyes only opportunity to view the field placement mirroring real life.

The 5 seconds thing though.. gonna be tough (probably will play very minimal multiplayer to be honest).

Last edited:
There are issues with cameras in multiplayer as we need to make sure people do not wasting time so as to gain an advantage or get you to rage quit.

Are there any plans to implement a batsman skill set regarding playin pace bowling and playing spin bowling in future versions?

This would be a great feature and give players more individualism. An idea I had a few years ago was this: (excuse me as I may waffle on a bit!)

The bat would be represented by a virtual rectangle say for arguments sake it's yellow. Running either side down the length would be to red strips to represent the edge probabilty and then 3/4 of the way down in the middle would be a green square to represent the bats middle.

As a batsman became more settled the red strips would decrease in width. The more skilled a batsman the quicker and further it would decrease but never to zero. They could increase if a batsman was under pressure, play and missing and poor timing for instance.

The green square would increase in size as he became more settled, again the more skilled the larger the max size of the square equals middling the ball more frequently.

The rectangle itself could increase which would mean there would be more chance of missing the ball to begin with.

If this style of system could be implemented then a batman could have a different rectangle for pace and spin and the dimensions linked also to form.

Now I now naff all when it comes to programming but to me that seems like a pretty good way recreating batting becoming easier or more difficult depending on how well you are playing

Hey Ross:
these questions are maybe asked and answered but my friends at school pleaded this to be answered.:cheers
1)What will be your target on marketing the game
2)Which countries you expect to sell this game and future versions on?
3)Give and idea of your wholesale price?
4)Where will the game officially release?Eb games?
5)What the main focuses of the game
(i)Career mode:yes
(ii)Sir Don Bradman:yes
(iii)Realisticness :yes

Fernando Upeka
Hey Ross:
these questions are maybe asked and answered but my friends at school pleaded this to be answered.:cheers
2)Which countries you expect to sell this game and future versions on?

Main Australia and then UK
3)Give and idea of your wholesale price?

Look at EB games for pre order 99.95 AUD

5)What the main focuses of the game
(i)Career mode:yes
(ii)Sir Don Bradman:yes
(iii)Realisticness :yes

Gameplay is the king

:thumbs:thumbs

Ross, in all honesty how long does an average test last?
I remember ac09 testes could be finished by tea on day 1 and I am wondering how it could be possible to ensure this does not happen. And whilst I wouldn't mind too much if it was three days on average, declarations do become pointless and deciding when to declare would be a great new feature to test your captaincy

Users who are viewing this thread