Post your questions about the game here!

Ross/Mike/HBK...Tattoos and other accessories are not going to be in the final version of CA right? Just wanted to make sure.

The shipped version is without tattoos as we faced legal issues with regard to who owns the rights to them. There are a number if cases before the courts at the moment with regard to the original artists "moral rights".

What I don't understand is if the people making the game have a licence to use the player in their game doesn't that include all likenesses(is that a word) I can understand a game with no licences not being able to do it or a game that has team licenses but a game like UFC has individual persons licence so how does that work? It's hardly a game breaker though! I'd rather see different stances (chanderpauls for instance) than Clarke or johnsons tats!!!

Not if the artist has separately copyrighted their "Art" - which extends to things like apparel (such as T-shirt designs and so on). It's the reason why in many television programs a Baseball Cap or T-Shirt will be blurred out, because the artwork or logo featured is a separate copyright from the actor or person featured.

Fascinating, the world we live in, people sue for such stupid things! How did fight night champion get away with it? They had lots of tattoos on the game? Or does it only matter if its a likeness if a design?? Think what the bloke on the endeavour would be worth now by suing anyone who had a "mum" tattoo!!!

What?! Am i reading this right?! Can't you just make up your own 'designs' and include them?!

Not that I care about tattoos. My body is a temple.

It's a worrying thought that the guy who designed my back tattoo could sue me if I was too ever be on tv or something!!!

It's all down to the individual who designed the tattoo. For example; I own the rights to the TGGI logo, Dutch had it tattooed on his left cheek (think about it) but I retain the rights to the design itself. He can't take a photo of it and then sell that for profit... without me getting my cut.

On the other hand, when Dutch designed his own "MattW is my ManW" tattoo then he can do what he likes with it, for profit.

It all comes down to money, really. I imagine the artists who designed the tattoos assume Media entities (Movies/TV/Games) make a shit-ton of money so they're allowed their cut too. It's a perfectly acceptable position in my opinion because if you're dumb enough to put an image on your OWN BODY that you don't own, you deserve the hassle and the artist deserves the credit.

Better keep my vest on then

i'd posit that there'd also be a slight difference between say, going into his parlour and looking at designs and saying "i want that one"... or saying "do me a dragon"... the second one is a commissioned work, and unless he sat down and went through what you could do with it after, i think he'd have a hard time getting any cut...

When i had my back done he asked my permission so he could take a picture to display it in his shop? Wierd!!
Anyway back on topic, erm when is the rel...... Erm when's the trail...... !!!!!

If you use the tattoo for profit [key word; profit] then yes, you're most likely going to get a call from whomever designed your tattoo. I assume it's reasonably unlikely you're going to be in Hangover 4 or feature in a UFC/WWE game...

The shipped version is without tattoos as we faced legal issues with regard to who owns the rights to them. There are a number if cases before the courts at the moment with regard to the original artists "moral rights".

Rugby league live 2 had tattoos if I recall correctly? Was it ok there because it was licensed?

If you use the tattoo for profit [key word; profit] then yes, you're most likely going to get a call from whomever designed your tattoo. I assume it's reasonably unlikely you're going to be in Hangover 4 or feature in a UFC/WWE game...

No to be fair my record was pretty bad and the last fight I had all I remember was the dressing room was a long way from the ring but at least I didn't have to walk back!!

In any "work" (including but not limited to verbal, written, acted, drawn) most jurisdictions give copyright automatically to the author.

This is the case even with commissioned works, if you commission someone you need to get them to sign "a moral rights waiver"*

*many here they don't have any morals so they've got nothing to lose in signing.

Users who are viewing this thread