Post your questions about the game here!

A better answer would be "No close games... AI has been hammering us across all formats no matter how hard we try. Consnsus at Big Ant is it would be easier to beat India on a turner on the field of play than win a Test on hard mode in the game".

That would be a great response, but can you see it happening, even if it were true?

From what i heard it is quite hard to win in the hardest mode of their latest release RLL2

That would be a great response, but can you see it happening, even if it were true?

Don't expect that to happen coz no matter how hard the AI is, a human opponent is bound to figure it out. At least as of now. But it would stop all the questions on the lines of "Is the AI improved from last edition?", "Does the AI pace the innings properly", "Do you get close games with AI" and so on so forth.

From what i heard it is quite hard to win in the hardest mode of their latest release RLL2

Looking forward to Big ANt Cricket and hoping the AI is extremely tough to beat, or maybe there's something like "God Mode" where AI is almost unbeatable :cheers

Welcome. We all think it will be soon rather than later. I guess they came across some problems in Beta testing that need to be resolved....

We are ready from our side, we are now just waiting on platform approvals for the servers that will hold the player data.

----------

Looking forward to Big ANt Cricket and hoping the AI is extremely tough to beat, or maybe there's something like "God Mode" where AI is almost unbeatable :cheers

All of our sports games have had a consistently hard to beat AI. We have done this for longevity of gameplay but it does cost us with reviewers who generally do not have time to master a game before writing their review.

All of our sports games have had a consistently hard to beat AI. We have done this for longevity of gameplay but it does cost us with reviewers who generally do not have time to master a game before writing their review.

Don't think any sports game fans purchases the game after reading a random review from a newbie. Most folks will rely on reviews at Planetcricket or feedback from other cricket fans.

By the way Ross would appreciate it if you could comment on post #940 earlier in the thread regarding batting & bowling mechanics, specifically with regards to impact of lag on the mechanics. Let me copy the same here for convenience...

Ross,

Couple of queries/concerns regarding the batting/bowling implementation in the game...

Bowling - You mentioned that bowling would be intuitive and not dependent on pressing a button to select a spot and then press another button to bowl. In your case line & length will be dependent on when you sort of release the ball, i.e. release it earlier, it would be on the shorter side and release it later it would be fuller. My concern is that though this should work well offline but online the bowling may break due to lag. In button mashing mode the lag wouldn't impact where the ball would pitch but in your case it would. It's unrealistic to expect lag-free games online and with a lag I expect every other ball would be a full toss (maybe at head height). Would appreciate it if you can test the bowling mechanics with lag when you test the game.

Batting - Would love to get a little bit of insight into the batting mechanics, i.e. how will batsman be able to judge line & length in time to react accordingly and play an intelligent shot. In IC10 (International Cricket 2010) I tried batting with HUD Off and it reduced me to guess or premediating shots coz the marker wasn't there and by the time you realized where the ball was going to pitch it was already too late. Ideally there would be a slider where you could select when the ball is visible (i.e. 1 sec before pitching, 2 sec before pitching etc.) so that you can select an option more suited to your reflexes. And again, if you can try out batting mechanics with lag, it would be helpful coz we wouldn't want a game which is unplayable online due to lag.

Any insight from your side regarding the concerns would be appreciated. Maybe at this point just a confimation that the bowling & batting mechanics won't break down with lag would be more than enough.

Don't think any sports game fans purchases the game after reading a random review from a newbie. Most folks will rely on reviews at Planetcricket or feedback from other cricket fans.

By the way Ross would appreciate it if you could comment on post #940 earlier in the thread regarding batting & bowling mechanics, specifically with regards to impact of lag on the mechanics. Let me copy the same here for convenience...

I'm not going to go into the batting, bowling, fielding mechanics without having screenshots and video that I can share.

There won't be an issue with lag unless you have a terrible connection (we can't do much about that).

I'm not going to go into the batting, bowling, fielding mechanics without having screenshots and video that I can share.

There won't be an issue with lag unless you have a terrible connection (we can't do much about that).

That's what I wanted to know, i.e., you have considered lag :thumbs

Fact is cricket fans are spread all over - UK, Aus, sub-continent & North America - so a bit of lag is bound to be there in online gameplay.

Last edited:

So how long before we can see the game footage or screens?

hello ross are there any official tracks(songs) in-game menu :p

Last edited:
We are ready from our side, we are now just waiting on platform approvals for the servers that will hold the player data.

----------

Most cricket games get bad reviews from casual sites and magazines ross.
ic2010 got ok reviews but only shane warne 99 got good reviews if i remember right.

In the end like others have said, planetcricket will play you're game to death
and tell you where the game is great plus where it needs improvements.

p.s Ross how many difficulty levels are in the game, if you can say.:D

Legend Gameplay

Found this about Rll2 gameplay. Some people might find it interesting. It gives me hope that we will get similar gameplay for cricket game. :p

Legend Gameplay

Found this about Rll2 gameplay. Some people might find it interesting. It gives me hope that we will get similar gameplay for cricket game. :p

Interesting. Looks like it's at a similar level as "Legend" setting on FIFA or "All Madden" in Madden :yes

Can't wait to get thrashed by AI in a cricket game offline :)

Like this comment from a chap after my own heart on the RLL2 forum...

Also, how about a difficulty where the AI are absolute freaks. Every offload is perfect, playing hot potato with the ball, constant set structured attacking plays, less mistakes/errors/penalties, always passes to support after a break, more advanced defensive structures. Something for the real pros of the game who want to play offline but want a challenge as if playing against a good online player.

Now that's the "God Mode" difficulty level I was talking about... something even beyond "Legend" for hardcore gamers :)

Last edited:
Now that's the "God Mode" difficulty level I was talking about... something even beyond "Legend" for hardcore gamers :)

I get where your coming from I really do. But if you have such a mode the ai for instance will likely never drop a catch or will hit the stumps direct with every throw. Even playing against the likes of SA or England, you're going to get the odd drop catch and poor batting shots. I'm more than up for a good challenge, but wouldn't want it to be so unrealistic it's actually worse than when it was easier. If that made sense! I know what I meant at least.

Users who are viewing this thread