Post your questions about the game here!

I do need to slow down though or all will be revealed and there will be no surprises left :)

I appreciate that Ross :)!! I understand that with all the love (dont even get me started on the enormous amount of effort, planning and thought process that you guys seem to have put in) you have invested in this game, your excitement to show it off must be pretty high :)!!! But I guess, it would be more enjoyable to find out all these things on out own now when we play the game. Maybe a month after the release, you can post all the stuff that you have included in the game, incase we miss a few :)!

I can imagine how that would work for the bowler and it sounds very exciting and realistic indeed. My question centers around how the batsmen will pick this up in time. We have all experienced how nigh impossible it is to bat in a cricket game without knowing where the ball marker is...you end up mashing random buttons in the hope you choose the right shot.....how the batting mechanics are dealt with so as being able to make an intelligent shot decision and have the capability of executing that particular shot within the time frame of the ball leaving the bowlers hand and coming towards you is going to be fascinating to see!

Excellent point - I just cannot see how a batsman can make considered judgements regarding shot selection without seeing where ball will land 1-2 seconds before delivery (in video gaming terms)

I was Just busy, was in the middle of NSW, Parkes, where "the dish" was made - not a great deal of mobile coverage.

I do need to slow down though or all will be revealed and there will be no surprises left :)

In terms of gameplay, I will have people play-test the game and we will do play sessions before release - I know that not everyone can make it to the play sessions as they will be in Australia but at least those that can will be able to report their unbiased thoughts back here.

(PS: The play sessions will be before release - I am not going to give dates yet :) )

----------

No nets.

There are tutorials for fielding, bowling and batting.

See guys the game does not have everything, ross nets in next game.:yes

Considering the career mode I'd have thought nets would be essential. Is there any user initiated 'training' for players, or just click a button and it happens as background coaching?

Considering the career mode I'd have thought nets would be essential. Is there any user initiated 'training' for players, or just click a button and it happens as background coaching?

I'm shocked also Matt, i thought this game had it all.:p
In career mode you could train you're players to improve
there skills or cheat and get half the points like a boxing game.
Next time ross, still sounds like a killer game.:D

Ross,

Couple of queries/concerns regarding the batting/bowling implementation in the game...

Bowling - You mentioned that bowling would be intuitive and not dependent on pressing a button to select a spot and then press another button to bowl. In your case line & length will be dependent on when you sort of release the ball, i.e. release it earlier, it would be on the shorter side and release it later it would be fuller. My concern is that though this should work well offline but online the bowling may break due to lag. In button mashing mode the lag wouldn't impact where the ball would pitch but in your case it would. It's unrealistic to expect lag-free games online and with a lag I expect every other ball would be a full toss (maybe at head height). Would appreciate it if you can test the bowling mechanics with lag when you test the game.

Batting - Would love to get a little bit of insight into the batting mechanics, i.e. how will batsman be able to judge line & length in time to react accordingly and play an intelligent shot. In IC10 (International Cricket 2010) I tried batting with HUD Off and it reduced me to guess or premediating shots coz the marker wasn't there and by the time you realized where the ball was going to pitch it was already too late. Ideally there would be a slider where you could select when the ball is visible (i.e. 1 sec before pitching, 2 sec before pitching etc.) so that you can select an option more suited to your reflexes. And again, if you can try out batting mechanics with lag, it would be helpful coz we wouldn't want a game which is unplayable online due to lag.

Any insight from your side regarding the concerns would be appreciated. Maybe at this point just a confimation that the bowling & batting mechanics won't break down with lag would be more than enough.

In my opinion the batting should be somewhat like in 1st person and when the bowler releases the ball we see the trajectory for a fraction and make our decision.

Wouldn't mind a bowling marker to appear right after the ball leaves the bowler's hand. Seems to be the case in tabletop cricket trailer (assuming it has same bowling mechanics). Better yet if the timing for it to appear depends on the stats of the player. A good batsman will get to see the mark earlier than a tailender. Also a batsman playing a longer innings will see the mark quicker than a new to the crease batsman.

Speaking of bowling, bowling always had have a very loopy action in most of the cricket games. Hopefully thats not the case as it makes the whole game look ameturish

I'm shocked also Matt, i thought this game had it all.:p
In career mode you could train you're players to improve
there skills or cheat and get half the points like a boxing game.
Next time ross, still sounds like a killer game.:D

I think it might be dependant on the combination of staff that you hire (e.g. a higher rated batting coach would mean faster progression of players) + how you play in the matches

I think it might be dependant on the combination of staff that you hire (e.g. a higher rated batting coach would mean faster progression of players) + how you play in the matches

Yeah i bet you're right but i still dream of the wresting,boxing
career mode. Still bigant have the first career mode in years.:cheers

----------

Also ross the reason why i love nets in a cricket game so much is
because some people are slow learners.
On ic2010 i had a family member that only plays pc games.
I gave him the control pad and well 10 wickets later he is wanting
to throw the control pad in the bin.

Now if you had nets well the rest is easy to work out.:spy

Users who are viewing this thread