Post your questions about the game here!

I haven't been following this game at all before, so I hardly know what's going on except for the Cricket Academy thing. Now I got a couple of questions for Ross.

Will the game include international and domestic teams, or only teams from Cricket Academy?
Can we edit/mod the game to a great extent like C07? If not, then can you at least reveal the things we can customize?

It looks pretty impressive so far btw. Really looking forward to get the game.. :)

You could always check the index page. And yes they include all the international teams but we don't know which ones are licenced, maybe none.
And yes again, its highly moddable.

Hello Ross,these might be the dumbest questions :p :-

Do you have name for your game engine ,or just plain RLL2 engine.Secondly, do you have plans releasing the screens or trailers here(i.e PlanetCricket) first,then on your site :p

I'm sorry - you won't win the award with those questions, try harder!! :p

We have our own engine but really don't use an internal name, externally with publishers it's known as "Antler" - we originally used the PhyreEngine from Sony and it is derived from there.

I tend to release things here first, even before our own sites :)

Info about the game are many but the looks of the game or the release would feel awesome....I have been following R* games GTA V forums but R* have stopped giving any info or views after the announcement of the delayed release date thats why need some game to play......:yes

:facepalm - For when you can't think of the right words!!

Info about the game are many but the looks of the game or the release would feel awesome....I have been following Planet Cricket and R* games GTA V forums but R* have stopped giving any info or views after the announcement of the delayed release date thats why need some game to play......:yes

When big games release date gets pushed back, the
Net goes crazy, the developer will sometimes go into
Hiding. Can u blame them, if some members think people
Are pushy on planetcricket just think how many rockstar gets.

On release dates, bigant have a small window to release
A cricket game in aus, being Nov to Feb, or the UK, I think
Around may to September.
Rockstar could release GTA anytime and people would
Buy it first day.

Not trying to be annoying or anything but will this happen?

He said its a long term investment but I would feel better if its more like once every two years. It gives the modds some time to play around, and we can save our money too.

I'm sorry - you won't win the award with those questions, try harder!! :p

We have our own engine but really don't use an internal name, externally with publishers it's known as "Antler" - we originally used the PhyreEngine from Sony and it is derived from there.

I tend to release things here first, even before our own sites :)

Thank you very much Ross really appreciated,that engine sounds cool! :thumbs,hope it plays cool too:yes

When will u reveal the release date????:)

It depends on when the final release date is. They will let the market campaign run it's course, minimum 2 months or so. If they are going to compete directly with Ashes 2013 then they'll announce the release date soon. The game will probably be released in the same month as Ashes 2013. They are probably looking to release it before Ashes 2013 because of the licencing and the hype the Ashes game will generate in the AUS and UK markets.

I think they'll announce the release date and other information soon (April announcement maybe?) but I'm just speculating based on my experience in the marketing industry.

You and some others may have found the legend difficulty easy but the majority didn't.

As posted by others above, unless the AI plays a flawless game then you will learn some techniques to beat it, especially with our games as we do not allow the AI to "cheat" - they have the same weapons as yourself in every game we have made - they win fair and square.

I don't doubt that I was in the minority, but there were many many online games where I was sufficiently challenged. On the hardest difficulty, even when I don't bump to make it even as the AI lacks the ability to bump(?), I win every game with ease unless I handicap myself in some way.

This obviously feels pretty empty when I'm challenged or I lose, because I know I can simply remove the handicap at any point to ensure that I win. Now when you have a range of difficulty levels available, shouldn't the hardest difficulty cater for the very best players? Lesser skilled players can select a lower difficulty if it's too hard for them.

I play NBA 2k games a lot, and I am only just now good enough to win regularly on the hardest difficulty, but not with ease. Before this, I had no problems playing on the 2nd or 3rd hardest levels and getting a good challenge.

There just seems to be no logic to knowingly making the hardest difficulty too easy for some players. FIFA 13's legendary difficulty is ridiculously hard, almost perfect, so I play on the level before that. But there are better players out there than me so I accept that a hard level is required.

And to address your point about the AI 'cheating'. I don't really know what you mean by cheating, but in AFL for one they definitely make some dumb decisions and there are little exploits you can use (I don't, I want a challenge) to increase the likelihood of these exploits. So the AI should get some sort of bonus to compensate for their occasional stupidity that the user doesn't have.

Overall my point is just that sport games in particular should be made so that the hardest difficulty is a challenge for the best players. That is why you have a range of difficulty levels available. Any other decision I genuinely do not understand.

I don't doubt that I was in the minority, but there were many many online games where I was sufficiently challenged. On the hardest difficulty, even when I don't bump to make it even as the AI lacks the ability to bump(?), I win every game with ease unless I handicap myself in some way.

This obviously feels pretty empty when I'm challenged or I lose, because I know I can simply remove the handicap at any point to ensure that I win. Now when you have a range of difficulty levels available, shouldn't the hardest difficulty cater for the very best players? Lesser skilled players can select a lower difficulty if it's too hard for them.

I play NBA 2k games a lot, and I am only just now good enough to win regularly on the hardest difficulty, but not with ease. Before this, I had no problems playing on the 2nd or 3rd hardest levels and getting a good challenge.

There just seems to be no logic to knowingly making the hardest difficulty too easy for some players. FIFA 13's legendary difficulty is ridiculously hard, almost perfect, so I play on the level before that. But there are better players out there than me so I accept that a hard level is required.

And to address your point about the AI 'cheating'. I don't really know what you mean by cheating, but in AFL for one they definitely make some dumb decisions and there are little exploits you can use (I don't, I want a challenge) to increase the likelihood of these exploits. So the AI should get some sort of bonus to compensate for their occasional stupidity that the user doesn't have.

Overall my point is just that sport games in particular should be made so that the hardest difficulty is a challenge for the best players. That is why you have a range of difficulty levels available. Any other decision I genuinely do not understand.

Couldn't agree more with the bold part. Hardest/Lagendary mode should have a difficulty level which challenges the best out there and not some sort of arbitrary difficulty level which is good enough for casual gamers. Hardest mode in Madden, FIFA, NBA2K, MLB etc. are ridiculously hard and in fact in Madden you can go even beyond "All Madden" level by setting a custom difficulty level using sliders which would be good enough for the best out there.

This is the sort of difficulty level we need in a cricket game else after 1-2 weeks online gameplay is the only way to extend longevity of the game. I play Madden and am pretty good at that but even now (I have been playing Madden 13 since Sep 2012) I can set sliders so that I get beaten by the AI and in fact there's enough slider levels left I can play the game till the next version comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread