Post your questions about the game here!

batting in floppies

Hi ross im sorry to bang on about this but really would like to know if you can bat in caps and floppies and indeed no headgear if you could let me know i would be eternally grateful;)

Why? It's a totally cosmetic thing that has no affect on gameplay. I can make you a cricket game where you can wear anything on your head from a top hat to a basket of bananas but the gameplay would be non-existent...

floppies

Not saying its the most important thing but would still like to see it if there is a comprehensive editor for creating players from the past then it would be a nice touch for them to look as real as possible and when i was a boy not many players used helmets not asking you to like it i would just like to see it

Why? It's a totally cosmetic thing that has no affect on gameplay.
Correctly implemented it should have an impact on gameplay, helmets limit visibility in exchange for a slight bit more confidence that you won't be injured, and thus would be more willing to take riskier shots on balls that are higher or to the body.

It's like the argument about being able to move the keeper closer to the stumps - yes, without backing by a game engine able to take that into account it is just a visual thing, but if it has the same effect on player ability that it does in the real world it is a very good way of adding more tactical depth.

I certainly don't view them as priorities, but they are very valid gameplay points.

great point

Great point about headgear and its effects on the batsman i never used to bat in a helmet until my reflexes started to go then started wearing a helmet never got hit on head till had helmet on so it makes you more confident to hook or more lazy not sure which i just want game to have what the others dont:yes

I'll rephrase that. Headgear in all past games to allow caps, floppies etc has been entirely cosmetic. Just fielders though anyway.

floppies

I know what you are saying the only game i can think of was brian lara 05 that had the classic players the were period correct as far as head gear like i said if you are creating classic players like boycott in blue cap gouch in white helmet and beefy with just his mullit it would look great and add to the expirience;)

I may have missed it but do we have any idea when the beta player edit is coming out then all these questions will be answered and we can stop asking ross all these questions

Will you be making a cricket game each year?(like fifa)
And a name suggestion (if needed) ICC 13.

Correctly implemented it should have an impact on gameplay, helmets limit visibility in exchange for a slight bit more confidence that you won't be injured, and thus would be more willing to take riskier shots on balls that are higher or to the body.

It's like the argument about being able to move the keeper closer to the stumps - yes, without backing by a game engine able to take that into account it is just a visual thing, but if it has the same effect on player ability that it does in the real world it is a very good way of adding more tactical depth.

I certainly don't view them as priorities, but they are very valid gameplay points.

cumbersome,and atleast not easy to implement in a game engine i would assume (I am no programmer,sorry :P) lets get straight with the basics i guess

Users who are viewing this thread