Post your questions about the game here!

SA, UK, India were all visited last week, universally the game has been very well received so far.

How has the response been from India? I remember you saying that the real buyers for you are "retailers" and not us. Enough interest shown by Indian distributors/retailers as compared to your expectations?

India was not your major market earlier. It were aus, nz, sa and uk. Did trublu have different opinion?

Literally nothing has indicated that it has become a 'major market'. They've visited SA and the UK per Ross' post. Visiting other markets is just due dilligence.

India was not your major market earlier. It were aus, nz, sa and uk. Did trublu have different opinion?

No, their opinion is the same.

It's a very hard market to support due to price issues.

At the very least, Steam is worldwide - everyone will get it at exactly the same time and day on PC.

On consoles, that would depend on distributors. It's probably not going to be the exact same day because of the logistics of getting the copies shipped and trying to avoid it breaking a street date.

No, their opinion is the same.

It's a very hard market to support due to price issues.

On PC yes, but not on Consoles IMO. Most decent console titles sell for ~ Rs. 3000 to 3500 which ~ USD 60. Isn't it almost at par with the global prices?

On PC yes, but not on Consoles IMO. Most decent console titles sell for ~ Rs. 3000 to 3500 which ~ USD 60. Isn't it almost at par with the global prices?

Not really. I can't speak for other countries, but in Australia the average price for a new game is about 90-100. Hence the issue, if you are only charging A$50ish in India, there's nothing stopping people from importing the game from India. Thus meaning, sales of the game in Australia won't be as high or as profitable.

It's very complex and I'm glad Ross and TruBlu have to go through it and I just have to worry about whether I want to be a batsmen, leg spin bowler or an all rounder when the game finally arrives in all its steel book glory.

Not really. I can't speak for other countries, but in Australia the average price for a new game is about 90-100. Hence the issue, if you are only charging A$50ish in India, there's nothing stopping people from importing the game from India. Thus meaning, sales of the game in Australia won't be as high or as profitable.

It's more like A$65ish rather than 50. Also, from my knowledge, there have been few retailers who have made DBC14 available for pre-order at A$80. Surely, adding the shipping costs over the Indian price wouldn't make it feasible for imports?

Edit: Mightape in Australia is selling it for AUD 75!
http://www.mightyape.com.au/product/Don-Bradman-Cricket-14/21578184

Last edited:
It's more like A$65ish rather than 50. Also, from my knowledge, there have been few retailers who have made DBC14 available for pre-order at A$80. Surely, adding the shipping costs over the Indian price wouldn't make it feasible for imports?

New games on consoles in Australia costs $99 RRP. There are some variations with this, but generally a brand new AAA title at EB Games is $99. DBC14 is $99.

It's not as simple as doing a currency conversion. Which is the point I made above. They need to balance regional pricing with making a profit. They can't just set the price at $x, then convert that to the same amount for each region.

New games on consoles in Australia costs $99 RRP. There are some variations with this, but generally a brand new AAA title at EB Games is $99. DBC14 is $99.

It's not as simple as doing a currency conversion. Which is the point I made above. They need to balance regional pricing with making a profit. They can't just set the price at $x, then convert that to the same amount for each region.

I never said they should do direct conversion and price it accordingly. On the contrary, I am saying that some retailers are already selling at $75. MightApe is one of them.

I never said they should do direct conversion and price it accordingly. On the contrary, I am saying that some retailers are already selling at $75. MightApe is one of them.

I'm sure Ross would know more, but if I had to take a guess. I'd say that they have serious slim profit margins (and being an online retailer, that would make it easier) or they work as an imported from other places.

Ozgameshop is based in the UK and sells to Australia and they can sell it cheaper and offer free shipping.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if some large department stores do have a cheaper price, but they would have a greater buying power, or sell in great quantities.

I'm talking the retail price in Australian stores. What the average punter who visits their local store to buy games.

I'd say so - but the tiny size of the market for console games still makes it not a 'major market' which was Ross' wider point.

'Supporting' a market is doing things like paying for advertising locally, getting in store promotion, being included in catalogues, etc.

I'd say so - but the tiny size of the market for console games still makes it not a 'major market' which was Ross' wider point.

'Supporting' a market is doing things like paying for advertising locally, getting in store promotion, being included in catalogues, etc.

That's a fair point. India is far from being a major market for games.

So basically, Don Bradman Cricket 2014 sponsor logos on sachin tendulkars nightwear...

Users who are viewing this thread