Post your questions about the game here!

The last thing we would want to do is release the Cricket Academy and have people create players on the PC but not be able to share them to their console at a later date. We are being very careful that we are 100% compliant before release. In this regard we are being very conservative.

Makes sense. Great decision there.

Attention to detail

Attention to detail is not something that should be apologized for the conservative nature that is being used regarding licencing is the very kind of prudent behavior that will make the game great.
If the same manner is used in detailing and general programming then it will be more than worth waiting for.
The fact that ross is on this forum at all should tell us all how much they want to get this not only right but the very best it can be.

Last edited:
Take as long time as you want. But try to make it a cricket game that we can play for ages. :)

I dont think that anything new or different can be added to the game now. The game will have been developed and hardcoded for quite some time now. It is all down to testing, fine-tuning, producing, advertising, distributing and selling now. Whatever the game is now that is going to be the game we get to play in three months time.

I dont think that anything new or different can be added to the game now. The game will have been developed and hardcoded for quite some time now. It is all down to testing, fine-tuning, producing, advertising, distributing and selling now. Whatever the game is now that is going to be the game we get to play in three months time.

fingers crossed :p

I think bin ant is wanting to release 1 thing every month... i.e. cricket academy in april, screen shots & trailers in may and the much awaiting cricket game in June..!!! :cheers Hopefull fingers crossed

Then when will they release Table Top Cricket?
I thought that will come out 1st to get us in the right mood:lol:clap
Any cricket game is better than no cricket game I guess....so will eagerly wait.

When Cricket Academy comes, which player will u create first???I would try to create Dhoni...:yes

^^ a seperate thread would be good for that....i am just going to try to create myself, de villiers, kallis and steyn. I will let the pros create the other professional players.

Hey Ross,
A few days ago you said you were going to create your son in-law using the cricket academy, did you manage to do it? and if so can you post it so we can see how close we can recreate real people using the cricket academy (or how bad you are at creating real people). Thanks Ross.

first players to create

The first players i will create are the great west indies team of the early eighties then it will be the 1981 england ashes team then maybe alan borders austrialia side and 8os new zealand also india and pakistan from that time so basically all the test sides from the 80s .
The reason being thats what i grew up watching and for me it was the greatist time in the history of the game many great memories :yes

Last edited:
@Ross
You mentioned that pitch will behave differently like low bounce ,steep bounce etc, how we gonna handle that? As I assume the shot playing animation being static then how can we adjust at the last moment to keep the bat down as we see the bowl has kept low?

@Ross
You mentioned that pitch will behave differently like low bounce ,steep bounce etc, how we gonna handle that? As I assume the shot playing animation being static then how can we adjust at the last moment to keep the bat down as we see the bowl has kept low?

My guess it would be playing front foot shots primarily rather than backfoot shots in a pitch with low bounce.

I am not specific about low bounce , I was referring to uneven bounce , So how we gonna play suppose if the bowl rises abnormally high?

He said there are no canned animation during play. So i assume the player upper body physics adjusts to the bounce. If the bounce is above/below certain limit, he is going to edge it and its too high/low he is gonna miss it.
Otherwise, slight variations would maybe hit the top and bottom parts of the bat. My thought.

Users who are viewing this thread