Post your questions about the game here!

Well, i would expect there has to be some assistance by the compute automatically to readjust to the ball height. Or else we would have too much to do just to play a normal shot. Remember there is a limited number of buttons in the controller.

Uneven & unpredictable bounce reminds me of today's Feroz Shah Kotla pitch, Day 3, IndVsAus 4th Test. Wonder how the animations work for such conditions. If Ross could give us a bit of insight into this.

I am not specific about low bounce , I was referring to uneven bounce , So how we gonna play suppose if the bowl rises abnormally high?

Beyond a certain point you struggle and get beaten similar to what happens in real life. Say batsman plays back to a short of length delivery. The ball hits the crack and scoots at ankle height. The game/animation should have a limit to which it can correct (maybe up to knee or shin height) and if the ball is lower batsman misses it to either get beaten, LBW or bowled.

Conversely if the batsman plays on front foot to a good length delivery and the ball takes off, AI should be able to adjust only to a certain extent, and beyond that the ball should hit shoulder of the bat, hit the gloves/handle of the bat, hit the batsman on the chest or beat him. And occasionally the ball hitting handle/shoulder of the bat should pop up to gully, slips or short leg.

ROSS !!!!!!!! please can u answer the following,
in the game will we be able to make our own groups when playing tournaments such as t20/world cup/champions league. By this i mean when we participate in tournaments then will the groups be set or will we be able to decide which teams will make each group. Because it gets a little boring having to play the same team all the time. Please reply also are the tournaments such as world cup and t20 cup (assuming they are included) starting from group stages or quarter finals.
Thank you:D:yes:thumbs

----------

Ross have the new rules in terms of fielding that have just recently being added to the game been implemented into the cricket game. also Ross what type of technology is being used, i suspect hawkeye and hotspot are included if reviews are included which you said are. Is snicko and others included please comment if allowed.:D:spy

----------

Any updates on screenshots/ trailers or the beta . Was told we will get more information nearer release and its less than 3 months left. times ticking

----------

what i think would be great is a stadium... and when we hit sixes will it tell you the distance of the six....

Sorry about the amount of questions

----------

i meant stadium creator

ROSS !!!!!!!! please can u answer the following,
in the game will we be able to make our own groups when playing tournaments such as t20/world cup/champions league. By this i mean when we participate in tournaments then will the groups be set or will we be able to decide which teams will make each group. Because it gets a little boring having to play the same team all the time. Please reply also are the tournaments such as world cup and t20 cup (assuming they are included) starting from group stages or quarter finals.
Thank you:D:yes:thumbs
Ross have the new rules in terms of fielding that have just recently being added to the game been implemented into the cricket game. also Ross what type of technology is being used, i suspect hawkeye and hotspot are included if reviews are included which you said are. Is snicko and others included please comment if allowed.
Any updates on screenshots/ trailers or the beta . Was told we will get more information nearer release and its less than 3 months left. times ticking
what i think would be great is a stadium... and when we hit sixes will it tell you the distance of the six....
Sorry about the amount of questions
i meant stadium creator

About selecting/creating your own groups, i am guessing yes. There is a tournament editor option in he game i believe.

World cups are not officially included but using the tournament editor u will be able to create the tournament easily and name it WC or T20 Wc or Indian premier league or whatever.

About new fielding restrictions, not sure.

About technology inside the game, yes most of them are included but they will have different names due to licensing issues.

No updates on beta yet. They are still waiting for some servers to get approved.

And there is no stadium creator. About distance of 6, ross can answer that.

^^^
I suppose there'd be the new fielding restrictions and all the other new rules too. Doesn't seem too hard to implement, and moreover Ross doesn't look a newcomer to Cricket (the sport not the video game), so he'd be knowing all those rules himself & would get those in. (that's basically baseless as you'd study the sport before making a video game out of it anyway. :P) Not much of a doubt there.

^^yup true but not a priority for me tbh. icc seems to change those rules every fortnight.

I have a question regarding stadiums ross. I know there are different stadiums in the games. Will each stadiums have different characters when it comes to atmosphere in the ground? Would it have different characteristics? A stadium of south africa is hugely different from one in india in builds. Also will stadiums be of different sizes? Small stadiums with easy to hit fours and sixes and huge stadiums with less amount of 4s and 6s? Also shorter boundary on the offside and longer boundary on the on side?

Last edited:
Small stadiums with easy to hit fours and sixes and huge stadiums with less amount of 4s and 6s? Also shorter boundary on the offside and longer boundary on the on side?

That makes sense. Hasn't been explored in any of the previous games. NZ or some Indian grounds are way smaller when compared to the likes of say Lord's (talking in terms of ground radius). So the the uppercut could go over the fence or down the throat of thirdman fielder. Also if the end from where you bowl could make a difference. It would add a whole new dimension to the game.
(Wait, aren't we demanding too much? :P)

Sorry all, going to be out of touch over the next few days as I am at the Games Developer Conference in San Francisco.

^I don't think America is the best place to announce a cricket game at.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread