Post your questions about the game here!

...Yup, same thing. There you go.

I believe it was posted a loooong time ago that the discs are not region restricted... @ChinamanSpin to the quotation finder 2000 please.

As I mentioned in the post itself, PS3 games/discs are region free but patches and DLC are not. Say if you get the game from Aus/NZ region you will not be able to get the patch or DLC unless you have a NZ/Aus psn account.

I'm pretty sure if he's going to patch the game, it'll be available for all the discs, it would seem bizarre they would release a patch only for a specific market if the discs themselves are region-free.

DLC is another thing, because anything MAJOR would be paid-for most likely. Since I doubt they've thought that far down the line, we'll just have to wait and see. Again, I would assume based on the unlocked nature of the product, you'd see the same approach to any content updates based on their approach thus-far*

*So England might have to wait a day or two longer :p

I'm pretty sure if he's going to patch the game, it'll be available for all the discs, it would seem bizarre they would release a patch only for a specific market if the discs themselves are region-free.

DLC is another thing, because anything MAJOR would be paid-for most likely. Since I doubt they've thought that far down the line, we'll just have to wait and see. Again, I would assume based on the unlocked nature of the product, you'd see the same approach to any content updates based on their approach thus-far*

*So England might have to wait a day or two longer :p

No it's not as simple as that. You can only get the patch or DLC from a psn store for which you have the game. Let me elaborate...

Say I am from UK and get the game from Aus but the same game has been made available to different regions with different codes. So the UK game code would be BLES XXXXX whereas the game code for Aus version would be BLAS XXXXX. Now my game will be stored on PS3 as BLAS XXXXX since I got my copy from Aus and that code is the one on the disc for PS3 to recognize it.

Tomorrow a patch is made available for the game, I won't be able to get it coz in UK PSN the patch will be available for the version BLES XXXXX. So even if I download the patch I won't be able to install it as my PS3 wouldn't be able to recognize it for the version I have. The only way I would be able to get past this problem is to create a psn account for the region I got the game from and then get the patch from that psn store. In case of a DLC there are additional complications as I will need to fund the psn account for a different region and that's not easy to do since psn stores wouldn't accept credit cards from different regions.

That's why I need to know whether the same game (with the same game code, say BLES XXXX) is available across different regions or there are multiple versions with different game codes. If there's a single version I can order it from Aus/NZ, but if the UK version is different I would wait for it as I have a psn account set up for UK and have a way of funding that account.

Search google and you will see this is a common problem, especially in Europe where some games have a different version for certain countries, and then folks have to run around in circles to get the patch/DLC for the correct region.

New PC euphemism for "you don't know what you're talking about..."

Lol. It's a curse living in a country where you don't get cricket games. In the old PS2 days I had to mod my console to play PAL games and now I have to create multiple psn accounts.

I envy the folks who can walk to a gaming store and purchase cricket game on the day of the release while I try to figure out which region should I get the game from :(

Last edited:
@Biggs better close the whole DBC14 forum reopen it on 1st april make naveencc has moderator and poms as staff member

Any ways guys who are getting the game first post the pics of packaging,a small intro on how you feel plAying the game,people who have only pc like me will relish on your enjoyment

Lol. It's a curse living in a country where you don't get cricket games. In the old PS2 days I had to mod my console to play PAL games and now I have to create multiple psn accounts.

I envy the folks who can walk to a gaming store and purchase cricket game on the day of the release while I try to figure out which region should I get the game from :(

Same here. :noway That was an interesting read about PSN being region specific to patches even if we get hold of the game. Thanks for that.

Same here. :noway That was an interesting read about PSN being region specific to patches even if we get hold of the game. Thanks for that.

No problem. There's a lot of stuff I learnt the hard way. Let's see what Ross says and depending on the answer we can order the game from a particular region.

Is it region specific for patches? I bought MLB the Show in America and that patched fine for me with my Aus PSN account

Is it region specific for patches? I bought MLB the Show in America and that patched fine for me with my Aus PSN account

As I mentioned it depends whether the game has a different game code in different regions or not. If it's the same game code then you will have no problems, but if it has a different game code then you won't be able to unless you connect to the psn store of the region where you got the game from.

But generally patches are not that big a problem as you open a psn account for the region for free and get the patches. However, you encounter issues with DLCs as you will need to fund the psn account and you cannot do so for a different region as psn stores only accept credit regions for that region...

http://community.us.playstation.com...s-are-account-and-region-locked/td-p/40335089

Last edited:
Any ways guys who are getting the game first post the pics of packaging,a small intro on how you feel plAying the game,people who have only pc like me will relish on your enjoyment

I agree. That way all the answers addressed to the questions arising after the game is played by the PS and Xbox users, will be helpful to pc users (some of the at least) :D

But generally patches are not that big a problem as you open a psn account for the region for free and get the patches. However, you encounter issues with DLCs as you will need to fund the psn account and you cannot do so for a different region as psn stores only accept credit regions for that region...

On a different note, I Just tried to search 'Cricket' in my PSN and this is what it showed me,

photo.png

:lol TV episodes unrelated!

Users who are viewing this thread