Post your questions about the game here!

Not so close to "go live". You provide support after go-live and not expect to fix or improve things a few days before you turn on the switch.

He never said they were fixing or improving things 'a few days before you turn on the switch'.

The switch has already been turned on. People are already playing the game.

Not so close to "go live". You provide support after go-live and not expect to fix or improve things a few days before you turn on the switch.

I think you misunderstand me.

We have been ready for a long time but we have not tested it from thousands of remote locations simultaneously all with varying net speeds and reliability.

The CA has been a good test, but it's not of commercial quantities.

I think you misunderstand me.

We have been ready for a long time but we have not tested it from thousands of remote locations simultaneously all with varying net speeds and reliability.

The CA has been a good test, but it's not of commercial quantities.

Gotcha! Yup, you'll need to change your plans from 4th to 2nd if the street breaks and bunch of people get their hands on the game.

I'm hoping it happens ASAP and best of luck with the support... am hoping everything goes fine and you don't face major issues.

----------

He never said they were fixing or improving things 'a few days before you turn on the switch'.

The switch has already been turned on. People are already playing the game.

Yup, I channeled my inner Bush and misunderstood :p

Gotcha! Yup, you'll need to change your plans from 4th to 2nd if the street breaks and bunch of people get their hands on the game.

I'm hoping it happens ASAP and best of luck with the support... am hoping everything goes fine and you don't face major issues.

Nothing reported so far, I didn't take a retail disk home with me so I can't check the leaderboard for numbers of people playing :(

Nothing reported so far, I didn't take a retail disk home with me so I can't check the leaderboard for numbers of people playing :(

Yeah but if folks are smart and don't want you to know they have gotten the disc before the release date, they would play it in the offline mode.

At least I would so as not to let the guy down who broke the street date for me.

A few questions about commentary names etc.

1. Was anything done in relation to a variety of Planet Cricket and Big Ant Forums names? Was just wondering if they'll say, "A marvellous cover drive there from Biggs", or "Whitehorn has just about cut that all the way to the rope" etc?

2. Do players ever get first and last name combos in the commentary? ie, "Allan Donald is on a hat-trick here"?

3. How specific is the commentary this time around or is it pretty broad, "A fine shot to the boundary", "That's ended up in the stands", "A handy dot-ball there", "There's another wicket there to the bowler"?

Well, @Ross has said in the past that commentary is one of the main things they hope to improve on in future iterations so my guess is the phrases will be relatively broad (using the commentary names) with limited specific discussions initiated by occurrences in the match?

Generally it is a mix of surname, club names, and broad "the batsman..." etc.

The implementation of the commentary is not great, it is one of two areas for improvement along with the animation sliding more than I would like in the field(it doesn't effect gameplay but doesn't look as good as it could).

Generally it is a mix of surname, club names, and broad "the batsman..." etc.

The implementation of the commentary is not great, it is one of two areas for improvement along with the animation sliding more than I would like in the field(it doesn't effect gameplay but doesn't look as good as it could).

Could at some stage in the future there be that potential for first/last name combos or is that really tricky? Cricket is funnily enough one of those rare sports where it's almost as common to hear the commentators use full names as it is surnames. In rugby and league they often just use surnames.

If it was possible in the future, hearing the surname maybe 3 times out of 5 and the full name (if there) the other two times, would probably be a decent balance, if it ever happens.

Still, this is just looking for small things to suggest for the future.

Hey Ross, do the gaming publications/websites have an NDA for when the reviews are allowed to come out, do u have any idea or an estimate of when you reckon reviews would start coming out?

Can anyone explain why a shoe or bat may look like it's going into the pitch (as seen in one the videos I think)? It doesn't bother me at all as it doesn't affect anything and I'm aware there's an explanation, but don't know what it is! @BigAntStudios @Chief or anyone who knows! Thanks.

Shoe goes into the pitch so it looks like they are pushing down on the grass so it doesnt look like they are floating. Not sure about bat?

Users who are viewing this thread