Post your questions about the game here!

Folks, anyone has any idea how to catch the ball? I've set the fielding on semi automatic and I end up dropping 8-10 catches every innings. No matter what I do with Right Stick and no matter in which direction I move it, I invariably drop the catch. Be it a skier or a low fast chance, I shell every sort of catch. Any help with catching would be appreciated.

Edit: I'm using "Fielder 1" as the fielding cam. Should I be using another cam for fielding which will help me catch better?

Last edited:
move the right joystick on ps3. xbox idk but its in the manual.

Does anyone know with career i played 11 matches for shield and 11 for one dayers then it took me to my 2nd year and didnt let me play finals even though i was the best bowler in the comp. why did that happen?

On career mode is it me or does everyone get missed stumping chances with there career spin bowler?

How do you attempt a stumping? I tried pressing Square on PS3 but it didn't do much. It seems attempting a stumping is all at the whim of the wk.

Is there any chance at all that the left and the right sticks be swapped? I'm left handed and finding it really hard to tell my right hand to play the line of the ball without my left hand copying it?!! Is anyone else having this problem? I would find it soo much easier with my left hand playing the shots.

Is there any chance at all that the left and the right sticks be swapped? I'm left handed and finding it really hard to tell my right hand to play the line of the ball without my left hand copying it?!! Is anyone else having this problem? I would find it soo much easier with my left hand playing the shots.

It's call hand eye co-ordination, dexterity and motor skills. try it some time

I'm calling it on DBC14 for a little bit. I'm just getting so frustrated with the impossible fielding in career mode. I've been out in the 40s in two T20's back to back now and I'm getting caught-out in the most ridiculous fashions, the worst being easily clearing square leg and a certain boundary only for square leg to 180 it and start running faster than the goddamn flash, then diving forwards to catch the ball inches before the ropes...

I'm starting to think maybe it's not just the fielders, but the pace of the ball off the bat, it seems so sluggish when you're using the power button and I'm timing it really well now when I'm not holding it down, punching it through gaps and the like but I don't want to not get the full batting experience by pushing it around the field in T20's... it's just getting so incredibly frustrating.

I'm just tired of not getting anywhere career-wise, now into year 4 (age 20) and to still be nowhere near making it in any upper-level team as a pure number 5 batsman, all down to the incredibly annoying fielding... especially in T20's when you're literally out there to make an impact in 5 overs or less and you can't hit it ANYWHERE!

Ugh...

I'm calling it on DBC14 for a little bit. I'm just getting so frustrated with the impossible fielding in career mode. I've been out in the 40s in two T20's back to back now and I'm getting caught-out in the most ridiculous fashions, the worst being easily clearing square leg and a certain boundary only for square leg to 180 it and start running faster than the goddamn flash, then diving forwards to catch the ball inches before the ropes...

I'm starting to think maybe it's not just the fielders, but the pace of the ball off the bat, it seems so sluggish when you're using the power button and I'm timing it really well now when I'm not holding it down, punching it through gaps and the like but I don't want to not get the full batting experience by pushing it around the field in T20's... it's just getting so incredibly frustrating.

I'm just tired of not getting anywhere career-wise, now into year 4 (age 20) and to still be nowhere near making it in any upper-level team as a pure number 5 batsman, all down to the incredibly annoying fielding... especially in T20's when you're literally out there to make an impact in 5 overs or less and you can't hit it ANYWHERE!

Ugh...

Agree, gets under my skin too!

It's call hand eye co-ordination, dexterity and motor skills. try it some time

Righto keyboard warrior. Not all of us jerk off so much that we are equally coordinated with both hands.

For what it's worth, I have been trying it and past cricket games have had the option, obviously for a reason.

Thanks for your valuable input

That flips them vertically, so up is down. There's no left/right stick swap.

Cool, I genuinely had no idea what that did. The more you know... Kiwiad maybe try holding the controller backwards? ;)

Is there a way to use DRS when batting? Had a couple of iffy (but probably out) LBW decisions go against me in my first match which I'd like to have reviewed but could not work out how.

What mode and match type were you playing? Only some match types have BARS (the Game's version of DRS) available. For example, in career mode you won't get it in County Championship matches as it wouldn't be there in real life.

Also if you are bowling, you have to manually appeal an lbw or fine edge catch to get the umpire to consider it. Then if it's given not out you will be given the option to appeal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread