Post your questions about the game here!

it was certainly suggested it would. has anyone tested this in competition or tour mode?

with the way we have this setup Confidence might be a little misleading as the word - it's how well you are set at the crease for that match. The idea being you play yourself in - the meter grows - and then you can let loose with your shots more.

The idea being you play yourself in - the meter grows - and then you can let loose with your shots more.

I came in to bat last night after taking 7 wickets in the first innings, and was about 95% 'confident' at 0 (3).

Does bowling affect confidence? Not sure how set I was after 3 dot balls.

I also have this query: how can I be a 'regular member' of English County if I haven't been offered a contract, selected a team or played a match yet?

confidence does carry over innings in a 4 day match. so to an extent the 2nd innings is easier than the first innings. if you score 30runs in the first innings you begin the 2nd innings already high in confidence. despite this being maybe 2 days later and/or pitch regression.

i think this needs to be looked into. the 2nd innings of a TEST or 4 day match should be harder, but what i have seen is bigger scores in the 2nd innings, which isnt realistic.

Now time for some questions : (1) what is the use of aggressive ground shot ? As well timed shots only using analog sticks go for four and the batsman does not get fatigued. (2) how to play the fine leg glance ( ball should go where legslip would pe present ), pretty popular shot (3) when I bowl can I make the keeper stump ?
1 - It's to play a safer form of the aggressive shot. If you can play a shot without modifiers and feel safe that it's going along the ground due to your timing, then go for it!

2 - Fine leg glances come from the timing, you have to time it fairly late, but watch out or you're gonna miss and be bowled.

3 - If you turn on manual fielding you will be able to make the keeper stump. We're likely going to change the stumping decision in semi-assisted to allow you to do this for patch 2.
I have created my own player in the game,how do i get him to play online?
Put him in a team and then select that team when playing online.
Hi,

Do we have option to enable Batting/Bowling power play?

I have edited the Team Uniform in DB Academy, but its not reflecting in the career mode! but Field editing is reflecting in career mode!

Any help/suggestion or information are appreciated!

Thank you!
Prabhu :thumbs
If the match type has power plays that are not 'fixed' then you can select power plays. These can be changed in the Match Type Designer in Academy.

Changes reflected in the Academy after you have started a career won't change once a career has begun. You will need to restart the career for any CA changes to take effect (Note that Match Type changes DO NOT affect career, ever).
I came in to bat last night after taking 7 wickets in the first innings, and was about 95% 'confident' at 0 (3).

Does bowling affect confidence? Not sure how set I was after 3 dot balls.

I also have this query: how can I be a 'regular member' of English County if I haven't been offered a contract, selected a team or played a match yet?
Bowling confidence does carry over between innings.

Your career issue sounds like a bug, I'll PM you about that one to get further info.

If you create a custom match type and play casually, or if you play competition mode then yes you can change the difficulty settings at any time by saving and exiting, and pressing "X" to change match settings in the screen where you choose sides.

I have the PS3 version of the game. I created a custom match type and played casually and then saved and exit. When I return to the match, I see an icon for the square button to 'edit match settings' but when I press this button nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Also, how do I see the batsman and bowler confidences in a match? Thanks

I have the PS3 version of the game. I created a custom match type and played casually and then saved and exit. When I return to the match, I see an icon for the square button to 'edit match settings' but when I press this button nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Also, how do I see the batsman and bowler confidences in a match? Thanks

Correction - you can only change difficulty in competition mode using custom match types. Not casual mode. So essentially if you want to play a one off match where you want to change difficulties, you have to create a custom comp compromising of one match.

Confidence is right on the d-pad.

Play One Player During Non-Career Match

Hey All,

Just a quick question.

Firstly I love this game and congrats to Big Ant for having such a success!.

I love career mode in this game as it creates a sense of attachment to the player and makes you value you're wicket (I'm a batsman) knowing you only have one chance in a match, means I play more carefully.

Is there a way to replicate this in non career matches? . I.E. If I create a casual match of Aus vs SA - Is it possible for me to select Michael Clarke and only control him during the match?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Correction - you can only change difficulty in competition mode using custom match types. Not casual mode. So essentially if you want to play a one off match where you want to change difficulties, you have to create a custom comp compromising of one match.

Confidence is right on the d-pad.

Thanks. Is there any explanation from BigAnt about why we cannot change the difficulty mid-game, and is it going to be included in the next patch? This is a really bizarre way to go about changing the difficulty. I've certainly seen nothing like this in any other sports game (i.e. create custom match, play only particular mode, change only at particular time)

Last edited:
Playing on ps3
:noway
Please, please guide me on how to toggle off the adult filter and also unblock the user generated data, so that the teams can be updated.

Thanks

Thanks. Is there any explanation from BigAnt about why we cannot change the difficulty mid-game, and is it going to be included in the next patch? This is a really bizarre way to go about changing the difficulty. I've certainly seen nothing like this in any other sports game (i.e. create custom match, play only particular mode, change only at particular time)
I don't get what's odd - you can't change the difficulty of a match in progress - that seems perfectly normal to me. I've not noticed any other sports game that lets you save and come back at a different difficulty level in the same match, certainly no cricket game.

If there's a way to change difficulty mid match in custom matches in a particular mode that sounds like a bug - not what should be the normal behaviour elsewhere.

I don't get what's odd - you can't change the difficulty of a match in progress - that seems perfectly normal to me. I've not noticed any other sports game that lets you save and come back at a different difficulty level in the same match, certainly no cricket game.

If there's a way to change difficulty mid match in custom matches in a particular mode that sounds like a bug - not what should be the normal behaviour elsewhere.

Don't care about difficulty level but I would love it for us to change the side after resuming a save. Currently in casual matches I can't change the side after resuming the match and that's something lot of other games allow. In fact you can do so in tournament/competition mode, but somehow not in a casual match. @BigAntStudios, pls allow us to switch sides in casual matches as well after resuming a saved game.

Your career issue sounds like a bug, I'll PM you about that one to get further info.

i got to regular member of IPL during the season before getting the contract offer

----------

with the way we have this setup Confidence might be a little misleading as the word - it's how well you are set at the crease for that match. The idea being you play yourself in - the meter grows - and then you can let loose with your shots more.

thanks... may be mis-remembering or misunderstood the original comment but i thought there was an issue of "momentum" / form which i took to be something that would operate across a competition / tour etc. but evidently it just happens within a game?

Non working buttons

Anyone found these buttons working?:
1. Slide with L1 while fielding?
2. Walk with d pad up when running bw wickets.
Does nothing for me.

Maybe you need to play more sports games, apart from cricket. Several of them such as FIFA, NBA 2K series etc allow you to change the difficulty mid-game by pausing and going to the settings option (let alone needing to save, exit and return). They also let you switch sides during the game.

The fact that the developers don't support this in cricket games is a sign of laziness more than anything else. What's wrong with allowing users flexibility in how they choose to play a game. If the reason to exclude this feature is because "that's not realistic", I find that explanation silly given that we are playing a video game after all.

Users who are viewing this thread