Post your questions about the game here!

Set up an ATB Australian 11 with Lillee, Thomson and Warne in it, was disappointed to see that Warne opened the bowling with Lillee on a hard, pristine pitch. I had tweaked Warne a bit so his skills were actually showing as being a better bowler all round than Thomson, but I was hoping there would be some sort of rule where a spinner would not open the bowling.
Is this some sort of coding in the game that can be adjusted to avoid this happening, or was I just unlucky?

will patch 2 fix the AI field settings and make it more realistic ?
It will, we're working on systems right now to make them as good as possible.
what does taunting the bowler do?

id like to know if this effects the next delivery in any way. pls help
It's just a fun little addition that was added fairly late on, doesn't actually do anything. :p
Don't know if this has been asked before but is it possible to turn off first class matches in career mode? Its just that Im not really a fan of those.. won't mind test cricket though.
It's not. However, if you want to 'skip' them, you can forfeit those matches for no affect on your career player other than missing out on skill points.
@HBK619 I can confirm that once I finshed the finals I was offered a contract to play county. Must just be about timing. I think the 'regular member' status kicked in at about round 11.

EDIT: I'm starting at round 1 of 18 in the English County Cup. At what point will I turn 17? During the season or at the end? I can't get my head around how that works.
End of season.
I don't know if this was asked previously but does shining the ball really help? Has anyone or experienced a difference with it and is reverse swing possible.thanks
It does help. You'll notice if you simulate through a number of overs, the AI will have shined the ball for you and then you'll start to see reverse swing.

926 pages? Damn.

Is there a FAQ?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, search doesn't find anything that seems relevant and i went back through about 20 pages before I hit a "handbags at 20 paces" argument and couldn't do it anymore.

I have questions about batting confidence in Career mode. Is it there? Is there any way to see it? What influences it (both positively and negatively)?

Last edited:
It's just a fun little addition that was added fairly late on, doesn't actually do anything. :p

Would be interesting to make the bowler taunt maybe have an effect against AI. Maybe that it can only be used twice an innings or something and that you can taunt him into bowling short at you. Although you know it'll be short, it could be maybe quicker than normal as a consequence?

Really dnt have any clues that how to get swing on spin bowling ? Plz help me guys!

926 pages? Damn.

Is there a FAQ?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, search doesn't find anything that seems relevant and i went back through about 20 pages before I hit a "handbags at 20 paces" argument and couldn't do it anymore.

I have questions about batting confidence in Career mode. Is it there? Is there any way to see it? What influences it (both positively and negatively)?
You can view confidence in-game by pressing the right button on the D-Pad.

The influences are that it works effectively like 'getting your eye in'. The timing window opens up a bit, shots go to the gaps more and you hit it that little bit harder.

You can boost your confidence by hitting good shots, blocking the right balls, as well as hitting boundaries.
Would be interesting to make the bowler taunt maybe have an effect against AI. Maybe that it can only be used twice an innings or something and that you can taunt him into bowling short at you. Although you know it'll be short, it could be maybe quicker than normal as a consequence?
If it didn't go in so late there would've definitely been a significant risk/reward system attributed towards it.

Something where by the timing is smaller, the ball comes quicker, but if you nail it the ball just flies off.

But as said, it was a last minute addition that doesn't affect gameplay for now.

Set up an ATB Australian 11 with Lillee, Thomson and Warne in it, was disappointed to see that Warne opened the bowling with Lillee on a hard, pristine pitch. I had tweaked Warne a bit so his skills were actually showing as being a better bowler all round than Thomson, but I was hoping there would be some sort of rule where a spinner would not open the bowling.
Is this some sort of coding in the game that can be adjusted to avoid this happening, or was I just unlucky?

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you about fixing it, other than choosing a different bowler by pressing right on the d-pad before the first ball of the over. However, the game seems to choose the highest ranked bowler to open the bowling, regardless of conditions or bowler type.
Maybe there should be an option when choosing the line-up to select first and second bowler before the match starts.

It will, we're working on systems right now to make them as good as possible.It's just a fun little addition that was added fairly late on, doesn't actually do anything. :pIt's not. However, if you want to 'skip' them, you can forfeit those matches for no affect on your career player other than missing out on skill points.End of season.It does help. You'll notice if you simulate through a number of overs, the AI will have shined the ball for you and then you'll start to see reverse swing.
@HBK619
thank you mate... if the field settings are fixed this game would be the best of game of all time without competition.i know you must be having lot of cricketing experts but if you need any help with figuring out what are realistic field settings according to situations, i would happily assist you. i had a first class carrier of about 15and only just retired this year. have lot of time to in my hand !!! anyways goodluck

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweep shots and shots in off and on side..

as many friends have posted.. batting has been an absolute pain in the career.. and if spinners come i am a walking wicket.. can any friends please help me how to play a sweep shot and shots like pull and square cuts.. what is the ideal color to play pull shots.. green or red.. I have been playing the front foot on drives and they have been my only scoring shots :) please help with more tips on when to time the shot etc..

Great to hear from HB as well that the defensive shots also boost confidence. I had my doubts but nice to hear that blocking a decent ball is also seen as a good shot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear from HB as well that the defensive shots also boost confidence. I had my doubts but nice to here that blocking a decent ball is also seen as a good shot!

Plz tell me how to increase the FPS in Cricket Academy Nets .
I am getting only 19-20 FPS .. Can it be increased to like 30-35??

Really dnt have any clues that how to get swing on spin bowling ? Plz help me guys!

I choose the drift delivery and mix it with short length(O) on PS3 or good length(X),,,that way you will see the ball turn off the pitch

Hi Guys

Just one question, I am now a level 2 helmet player how do go further. Coz I became a level 2 player quite early on and I am not going higher at all?

Lucky you, I'm on my 3rd season, 18 years and captain my country's T20 and ODI sides but still on helmet level 1,,,I guess its because of my poor batting since I'm an allrounder

Lucky you, I'm on my 3rd season, 18 years and captain my country's T20 and ODI sides but still on helmet level 1,,,I guess its because of my poor batting since I'm an allrounder

Im a batting all rounder and after completing english league and close to end of Aus League im on no 2 already on helmet
Highest score was 84 in 4 day
and a few 70s in odi and a few 50s in t20

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread