Post your questions about the game here!

Hey can anyone tell me here what does this have to do during bowling? Does rotating the stick helps in swinging the ball more in "pace" bowling?

I am attaching the screeny from the bowling scheme

Capture.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

You press it after pressing the length button. 12 o'clock is straight. 1:30 is away swing. 3 o'clock cross seam. 6 o'clock slower ball. 4:30 is off cutter etc.

Apologies if this has been answered previously - am I right in thinking that the skill level points for batting increase the timing window thus allowing you to score more runs? And that the bowling skill points for a spinner increase the RPMs for that delivery type?

Why build a PC game and not have keyboard and mouse play a greater role in the game hence using it for batting and bowling? Brilliant game no lie but that controller concept is ridiculous

Why build a PC game and not have keyboard and mouse play a greater role in the game hence using it for batting and bowling? Brilliant game no lie but that controller concept is ridiculous

Because the new batting and bowling schemes they introduced do not easily lend themselves to controls that ignore analogue input. Sticking to the mouse and keyboard would significantly inhibit the available inputs. If we take batting for example, how would you propose they transition the left AND right stick inputs to a keyboard/mouse set up?

Not your preference? Completely reasonable, but to assert that it is 'ridiculous' is incredibly narrow sighted.

Last edited:
A quick question. Does the game need to be at a particular difficulty to gain trophies/achievements? I just won a game by an innings and got a direct hit and didn't get the trophy. I was playing on rookie... Is that too low?
We just tried the 'An innings and...' achievement and it does work here. You cannot simulate in order to gain the trophy/achievement, so that might've been your issue.

The direct hit not working could have been a fielder taking the ball before or at the same time as the ball hitting the wickets, thus not having it be considered a 'direct hit'.

Can anything be done about the pull shot? It's so frustrating to see a medium bowler bowl a half tracker and not do anything about it as the normal pull shot will go down the midwicket fielder's throat and pressing the trigger just takes too much time.

been waiting like forever for someone to come online..... in quick match :(

When bowling have you ever seen a catch at short leg or silly point?

When bowling have you ever seen a catch at short leg or silly point?
Particularly from a pace bowler?
I haven't. Not once on xbox 360 or PC version. Not even seen an edge go in the direction once. Nor a defensive prod go there. I keep my shortleg in there for first class games (career mode) in hope. Not even a bouncer gets prodded there. And no, Ive never seen a bat pad either.
Was just wondering if anyone ever had seen it happen?

Patch 2 on PC for career mode anyway seems to have cut out any swing too and I wondered if that perhaps had an effect on it? Hardly get any LBW's now as my left arm inswinger crashing into the pads doesn't happen now

Otherwise the game on pc with patch 2 is terrific and I get actual edges now to keeper and 1st and 2nd slip.

Last edited:

Because QTE games are garbage.

@pfunkboy I'm getting the sense you might want to see more edges to short leg or silly point.

:D
Cant think why!;) If it ever happens I'll be off my seat shouting in joy just like the real game when England take a wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread