Post your questions about the game here!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
My experience of IC10 was that you played at about double time so a 2 hour session took about an hour. It's a difficult equation in cricket because people will get bored, slog it around and complain about unrealistic runrates or that the computer is scoring at 3rpo and it takes hours to get wickets.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Will the pitch condition have an effect on AI? For example in certain pitches 300 looks like a per score or on a 5th day in a turning pitch setting a target of 200 will be tricky. Will the AI think in that way?

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
My experience of IC10 was that you played at about double time so a 2 hour session took about an hour. It's a difficult equation in cricket because people will get bored, slog it around and complain about unrealistic runrates or that the computer is scoring at 3rpo and it takes hours to get wickets.

Is that compression related to elapsed time only or does it affect the no. of overs? i.e., will compression lead to a Test session spanning 1 hr with 3 overs or will have a 1 hr session with just 15 overs? I am sorry but this is the first time I heard this term in context of cricket games and am a bit curious.

I would prefer the Big Ant folks test a few regular matches as well coz you never know how AI might react in regular (non-compressed games) as compared to compressed ones. You may think/assume it won't have much of an impact but I don't want a situation where AI goes berserk in regular games or has 7 run-outs in an innings.

ricky87

Club Captain
I might be wrong but I think Ross is only suggesting that because of the limited nature of what can be done in game it might not be possible to replicate real world like run rates, however Big Ant are trying to get it as close to real world as possible.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
In IC10 it was 2 hours and 30 overs to a session but it took 1 hour to play.

Thanks! That's fair enough coz you would expect a video game to be played faster than the actual time, just like in footie or Madden the clock is accelerated and you have 6 minute periods/quarters.

----------

I might be wrong but I think Ross is only suggesting that because of the limited nature of what can be done in game it might not be possible to replicate real world like run rates, however Big Ant are trying to get it as close to real world as possible.

I wouldn't worry too much about RRs unless they are completely out of hand (e.g., 8-9 rpo in Tests). I would be more worried if batsmen throw their wkts away in Tests or have 5 run-outs in an innings.

As for RRs I expect RRs in Tests to be around 2-5 rpo depending on conditions. However in certain scenarios, i.e. when a team is behind in the series and is trying to go for a win or has a big lead ans is trying to set up a quick declaration, I would expect the RRs in a session to get up as high as 6-9 rpo. Conversely while trying to save a Test the RR can hover around 1.5-2 rpo as well. Hopefully the AI will be able to react in a realistic fashion.

Last edited:

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post

Thats fair enough IMHO,Would be better if they drag it down to 40 Minutes or so this time...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In IC10 it was 2 hours and 30 overs to a session but it took 1 hour to play.

This was always my experience

I am hoping you have the option to bowl 90 over days if you want, but with options for example, 45 over days or 30 over days etc

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Thats fair enough IMHO,Would be better if they drag it down to 40 Minutes or so this time...

It depends on if you skip the video scenes (or whatever it is called) between balls or overs. If you don't, you'd probably get more than an hour per 30 over session. You just can't 'drag' it down to 40mins. Bowling 180 balls will take its time.

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
This was always my experience

I am hoping you have the option to bowl 90 over days if you want, but with options for example, 45 over days or 30 over days etc

This would be good, or maybe they can add an option called "Game Speed" which they do in Madden. "Slow" option would replicate the realistic game, "Normal" would have 30 overs an hr and "Fast" would cram 45 overs an over with hardly any cut scenes and most basic replays.

IMO "Pitch Deterioration" attribute should be different and the pitch should deteriorate quickly if you select "Fast" and crumble in 2-3 days if you select "Extremely Fast" or something. This way you can have the no. of overs you desire (game speed) and pitch deterioration as per your requirements and totally independent to each other. This will allow us to replicate sub-continent conditions by having pitch deterioration set to "Extremely Fast" where pitch turns from Day 1, or have pitch deterioration set to "Slow" on green seaming pitches in Eng or NZ where the pitch remains green and seaming for a long time and the pitch flattens out only Day 3 or later.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is that compression related to elapsed time only or does it affect the no. of overs? i.e., will compression lead to a Test session spanning 1 hr with 3 overs or will have a 1 hr session with just 15 overs? I am sorry but this is the first time I heard this term in context of cricket games and am a bit curious.

I would prefer the Big Ant folks test a few regular matches as well coz you never know how AI might react in regular (non-compressed games) as compared to compressed ones. You may think/assume it won't have much of an impact but I don't want a situation where AI goes berserk in regular games or has 7 run-outs in an innings.

"Compressed" is a term I use to describe there being less overs but with the anomally of having the same number of wickets. A decrease in time/overs increases risky behaviour of batsmen and the agression/conservatism of the field/bowler.

srk121

International Coach
"Compressed" is a term I use to describe there being less overs but with the anomally of having the same number of wickets. A decrease in time/overs increases risky behaviour of batsmen and the agression/conservatism of the field/bowler.

Bus is there an option to play full 90 overs in a day?

Users who are viewing this thread