Post your questions about the game here!

so just to confirm, you can review LBW decisions right? while batting or bowling. ok one more question i just watched the sneak peak trailer and i noticed when the batsman walk out they show their stats. i just wanna know is that the only stats they will show because i would love to see their personal best as well. would make this game even more awesome than it already is:thumbs

Online cheating

Ross/Big Ant Team, will there be features in place to prevent cheating online, eg someone maxing out all the stats of a batsman and making him impossible to get out? Or is my point moot?

Ross/Big Ant Team, will there be features in place to prevent cheating online, eg someone maxing out all the stats of a batsman and making him impossible to get out? Or is my point moot?

Yes,..,they have got that covered. You would not get any super teams online.

The recent video looks really good as far BARS is concerned. However, I see that the batsmen have already planted their foots ahead and it is only the bat coming down with next to no foot movement at all. Has it got to do with someone who was playing that shot? I mean was he not such a good player or something of that sorts?

The recent video looks really good as far BARS is concerned. However, I see that the batsmen have already planted their foots ahead and it is only the bat coming down with next to no foot movement at all. Has it got to do with someone who was playing that shot? I mean was he not such a good player or something of that sorts?

The back foot moves.
And if the ball is a little slow, you might have to plant your foot on the line and then bring the bat.
So its all okay for me.

Have just heard about this game, and read through the 'what we know' list - if all of those features are done well this sounds like an incredible game.

My question for Ross: in my opinion, the biggest issue with past cricket games is the balance between risk and reward for big shots. In one of the EA Sports games, charging and going for a lofted shot down the ground would result in a 6 or 4 virtually every ball. In another game, an all-out-attack-every-ball strategy may result in wickets, but still scoring as such a ridiculous run rate that you'd win easily anyway. On the flip side, in test matches in Shane Warne cricket, I remember bowling in the same spot with a spinner every ball, with a result of a block or wicket every time. In one game, with the difficulty turned up, the AI would basically go for a big shot every time and normally pull it off, while a human couldn't.

You've mentioned you're attempting to have the AI result in realistic run rates, there is a momentum factor, and there are so many factors involved that every ball is completely different. But are you confident that these (and are there other reasons?) eliminate the chance that you may suddenly find a trick that lets you hit every ball for a boundary, or tie up the batsmen when bowling - completely killing the game?

^^ Players like Cris gayle/Kearon Pollard can easily have high scoring run rate but it only happen on their days!,here,i feel,that might happen in this game when that player is in strong form with good momentum! And extra bonuse if his attribute contain trade know for brutal power.

----------

Hey ross,the trades that we have for player such as player with brute force,are those trade for real,i mean will it reflect(style of play) in game.

I observed today on Cricket Academy that we can have a batsman not wear a helmet... will this have any effect on gameplay? If you get hit on the head while there is no helmet worn, will the injury be more severe?

It's indeed very sad to hear about the current situation of Mike Fegan.

I observed today on Cricket Academy that we can have a batsman not wear a helmet... will this have any effect on gameplay? If you get hit on the head while there is no helmet worn, will the injury be more severe?

yes.

If you had the licenses for all teams would you make every player look accurate or only the main players for each team.

Users who are viewing this thread