Post your questions about the game here!

The fact that the broadcast cam comes up over and over again illustrates a key issue, I think ; some people want a game that mimics the real life playing experience, whereas others seem to want a game that's like watching cricket on tv with a magic controller.

If i play with my brother 2 player game ... how can i handle the bowler if my brother wants to bat from behind batsman camera ??

Think someone said in that case a "broadcast" type camera will be used. Might be the "bowler far" camera too.

The fact that the broadcast cam comes up over and over again illustrates a key issue, I think ; some people want a game that mimics the real life playing experience, whereas others seem to want a game that's like watching cricket on tv with a magic controller.

Yes and I am the latter.

ross did you change your decision to release it in the next year?still one month left for this year and we have no info about release date.What happened?

ross did you change your decision to release it in the next year?still one month left for this year and we have no info about release date.What happened?

As far as anyone is concerned as of right now, the release date will be announced within the next 6 days and it will be released before the end of the year.

What happened?

You missed the single biggest thing to happen so far in Cricket game history? You're in for a laugh then a cry then a laugh..... remember grieving is a process.

I'm thinking more and more they need to keep away from this poison and I'm coming to understand exactly why they've been concerned about how bad a product this Ashes game is. If they're REALLY doing an in-store PC release soon, this game will irreparably damage DBC's chances of doing well in a scorched-earth post-AC13 environment.

The only downside to moving is missing out on the xmas shopping period, it's all upside other than that because you give Ashes enough to erm... burn out.

I had absolutely no idea how bad Ashes would be, certainly not this bad. I don't think anyone here expected it. But maybe releasing it next year is a better option if there's a proper in-store release and they really are going to dump this thing on consoles.

Mind boggles. I really have no idea where DBC14 sits in amongst this mess now... I want this game as bad as anyone else does but I also want it now, more than ever, to be a huge success.

It is my worst fear come to life.

I so wanted to call out Fegan and Co on this earlier...If I had truly told you what I saw in June (or whenever it was, I can't remember) then I would have spoiled the "surprise" I knew you were to get last Friday, that, and you would never have believed me, not in a MILLION years.

That's the thing about AC13 - we all knew that it wouldn't be good - but what we got sits very happily alongside things like Big Rigs and Ultima 9 in the "why was this released in this state?" stakes.

I think that a comparison could be made between AC13 and U9 in terms of the "oh shit, we've made a lemon of a game that needs to be out by x-date and we've done no QA on it yet! Well, (505/ECB/CA for AC; EA for U9) want it out by x-date; so we're going to have to ship it!

Boring fact about Ultima 9; the developers were so unhappy about the state of the game and their treatment by EA that even after Origin Systems was closed/retooled towards Ultima Online exclusively, a few "unofficial" patches were released into the community. I doubt that we will see that for AC13 however!

e: ^^ It'd have probably made Friday even more surprising; because we'd have assumed that if you were telling the truth; then they'd have patched out the biggest bugs. Makes you wonder if DRS ever made it into the game; the commentary lines for it are in the script (and I assume in the game if the commentary audio is in a format that can be listened too); and the "officially licensed hawkeye" (that looks 100x worse than the one in BLIC05; and almost like an MS Paint attempt at it) has the "Original Decision" thing, and talks about "Umpires Call" when appropriate, so I'm guessing that it did.

Another question is what happened to the TV Overlays that were in the Stuart Broad picture that came out in July? Is there really anything horribly buggy about a bloody stats overlay that would require taking it out entirely?

Last edited:
The only downside to moving is missing out on the xmas shopping period, it's all upside other than that because you give Ashes enough to erm... burn out.

There is a downside in that they've done a fair amount of promotion saying 2013; especially at EB. The play session would have helped show the games are light years apart in quality, but announcing a delay would draw comparisons to the delay that happened to Ashes..

The ideal option in retrospect would probably be if nobody knew DBC existed at this point so that it could be released next year..

Boring fact about Ultima 9; the developers were so unhappy about the state of the game and their treatment by EA that even after Origin Systems was closed/retooled towards Ultima Online exclusively, a few "unofficial" patches were released into the community. I doubt that we will see that for AC13 however!

Dont compare ultima to ac13 at-least ultima was buggy because it was ambitious and tight schedule, wasnot because of incompetency,it was the first time ultima was moving to 3d world and despite the bugs the game was pretty much immersive and made u want to play.

I dont see the point of polishing up Ac13, unless trickstar offers its source code, since its unity engine modders may be able to ovehaul it make it much better other than that its sorry excuse of an release

Like in the videos we saw does being able to smack a legside ball to the off side apply to all difficulties? That'd be pretty...strange...

Dear Big Ant Team and all the people associated
with Sir Don Bradman Cricket 14, please share with
us the release date for this game. We are already
very upset and heartbroken with Ashes Cricket 13,
please give us some hope to live.

Dear Big Ant Team and all the people associated
with Sir Don Bradman Cricket 14, please share with
us the release date for this game. We are already
very upset and heartbroken with Ashes Cricket 13,
please give us some hope to live.

You know those "Come To Brazil!11!1!!" posts you see on the internet everywhere? That is what these release date questions are like. People have asked for a release date a thousand times, heck even a million times wouldn't be that much of an exaggeration. What makes you think that Ross will give in and tell you the release date? I want him to tell us the release date just us much as anyone else, but I'm willing to wait until he tells us as opposed to continuous begging. Please, stop. At least we've seen working footage of this game, that is far more than what we saw before the release of AC13.

I've just noticed the last line of your post... "hope to live". Really? You're only hope in life is playing this game? I think you need to go for a walk or something.

[/rant]

Users who are viewing this thread