Post your questions about the game here!

I'm also interested in how adaptive the AI in in making bowling changes. In a T20 match, are we likely to just see 5 bowlers get 4 overs, or could we see bowlers only bowl 1, 2, or 3 overs in some cases?

I'm also interested in how adaptive the AI in in making bowling changes. In a T20 match, are we likely to just see 5 bowlers get 4 overs, or could we see bowlers only bowl 1, 2, or 3 overs in some cases?

Yeah, I think the AI is the thing I'm most intrigued about at this point as its hard to judge without playing. How smart of the career captains going to be in setting the field, or countering gaps that are obviously being exploited? Things like that too. I'm sure the bowlers and batsmen will get some interesting battles going, but I'm interested in what's happening around that too.

Also, anyone know regarding the manual fielding, do you still have to make the catch as wicketkeeper, or the really close slips if the batsman gets a nick? Not sure I can react that quickly after bowling, haha! Further out in the field, fair enough, but those split second moments I'm not sure I can bowl and then get the catch timing right to be honest, haha!

^Pretty sure they addressed this earlier, the big issue was if you had to catch it manually every time they hit it, then you know when they nicked it and therefore when to review. I can't remember the final response though.

I was never convinced about manual catching and it definitely is a mini game no matter how many variables go into it so I will be turning it off.

Regarding the AI, I can't find Ross' post now where he told us that the AI in the game will learn our game and corner us at it. And Mikey said that he finds the AI extremely competitive on the hardest difficulty. We will obviously need to play the game for a while to find out the areas which need improvement.

I was never convinced about manual catching and it definitely is a mini game no matter how many variables go into it so I will be turning it off.

Regarding the AI, I can't find Ross' post now where he told us that the AI in the game will learn our game and corner us at it. And Mikey said that he finds the AI extremely competitive on the hardest difficulty. We will obviously need to play the game for a while to find out the areas which need improvement.

IIRC, in career mode it learns the areas / strengths of your particular player, and this is re-learnt for each career, since you may play differently with different careers (e.g. defensive opener, attacking allrounder, slogging tailender...)

outside career mode, it's adapting in terms of the match (or tour/series?) in question according to where you're hitting the ball, the match situation etc.

how effectively that's implemented, we will have to wait and see but the idea is great. for anyone who has played AFL Live or RL Live - what was the AI like there?

Based on what videos I've seen, I'm more concerned about the fielders AI. Hopefully the day 1 patch addresses some of the issues I've noticed.

Based on what videos I've seen, I'm more concerned about the fielders AI. Hopefully the day 1 patch addresses some of the issues I've noticed.

Yeah in my opinion it's the hardest part to get right in a cricket game, batting being the easiest and bowling somewhere in the middle.

If the physic for the ball is as near to the real thing as the videos shows then this will help. The problem with say IC2010 was when the bowlers bowled a good line and length over all you had to do is push the ball a little away from the fielders and easy singles everywhere.

PS Hoping for the best but it is there first cricket game and to be honest it can not be near ashes 2013 AI.:lol What AI.:p

There is a game called Tennis Elbow which is the best video game for tennis ever made. Its been done independently, is very cheap, simple graphics but is completely modifiable. People have taken photographs of real life courts and incorperated them into the game, and have developed animations of all the players to match the pros. Some of the likenesses of the players is uncanny. It also has an awesome career mode where you can play as a junior rising the ranks, or as a current pro.

What it lacks in presentation (eg: cameras, cut scenes, graphics, bobblehead mode) it makes up in gameplay, which itself is very modifiable and very realistic. (There's over 100 difficulty levels for example, different court surfaces which act differently etc). I know Id rather a game that focuses on gameplay over presentation anyday.

And it has huge online playability. There is a whole community dedicated to running year long tours where players schedule to play each other, and an associated ranking system.

Sure tennis is much easier to replicate than cricket, but it would be awesome if DBC14 and it's Cricket Academy is as openly modifiable as this.

Last edited:
Ross has already said a number of times he'll provide modding tools to people at the appropriate time once the game is in the wild. He's been pretty open about supporting the community up to this point, can't see that changing when it comes to modding the game.

Ross has already said a number of times he'll provide modding tools to people at the appropriate time once the game is in the wild. He's been pretty open about supporting the community up to this point, can't see that changing when it comes to modding the game.

There's a big community of RLL/RLL2 mod's including textures, save files, etc.

Hi Ross,
1.do combination deliveries like yorker and bouncer have an effect,
2.also want to know how effective a fast yorker is,with games till now yorkers have been nothing short of a standing joke being easily smashed for six ,does this trend change with DBC,how have you approached this(@ the same time i dont want it to be totally unplayable.)
3.Also how balanced is the game with multipayer,one of the common thing in multi is there are spam balls or spam shots,like slow short pitch ball not reachable by player with military pace swng bowlers etc or a sweepshots etc

Combining a yorker and a bouncer is just a half tracker isnt it?

nope by combo i meant knocking of the batsman with a shorty and following it up with a toecruncher.

what i meant was these deliveries are bowled in pairs right,so do they have an effect in the game like in real

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread