Post your questions about the game here!

I've gained a bit of perspective now. Being a 16 year old man of the match would be a great moment and it's probably not better than a couple of five wicket halls. However it would be good, in my opinion, if man of the match gained less significance as we get older.

It also is different per game mode, this is from the 50 Over match
xLHL4ny.png

They would also stack, if you get 5 wickets in an innings, you're probably quite likely to be MOTM anyway.

what if a batsman scored 120 and a bowler taken 5 wickets with no maiden ,who is the MOM then ?:p

Motm is usually biased towards batsmen, but if the batting side got 500, then the bowler. Or whoever is on the winning team.
^this, also works if you're a bowler who's taken plenty of wickets and who's also made a respectable contribution with the bat.

In other one of my career mode matches, the MOTM was on the losing team, which is good.

That's good, because I think I will pick a weak county team in career mode so that it's more of a challenge. Do we pick or do we get an offer? I can't remember from your video.

Being a 16 year old man of the match would be a great moment and it's probably not better than a couple of five wicket halls...

When I played junior cricket back in the day? I remember we used to have a "Best on field" award. Coach would always stay the whole game, no matter how terrible our team was and we'd have a pep talk after the match we'd inevitably lose and he'd award someone.

Almost always it was some mummies boy who had whiter-whites than everyone because she nappy-sanned his shorts and mum had sat the whole day in their car listening to the radio, reading a womans magazine, but occasionally a good fielding effort, few wickets or top score would get the nod.

It was kinda cool, if you'd had a legitimately good game to get some recognition for it, I guess that's the kinda thing they're trying to emulate here. What I'm getting at, is it's not a science. In reality, a single, incredible catch can win a match. It almost-never gets reflected as a "man of the match" but one incredibly good piece of fielding can change the course of a game.

That's what makes cricket great, it's also what makes a MOTM type thing coded into arbitary 1's and 0's fallible and just a cool little nod to the real thing, rather than being an exact science.

? late 1900's

That's good, because I think I will pick a weak county team in career mode so that it's more of a challenge. Do we pick or do we get an offer? I can't remember from your video.
You pick your starting team, but you get offers for things like state teams if you start in a county and the IPL.

You pick your starting team, but you get offers for things like state teams if you start in a county and the IPL.

That's pretty cool. But I hope you will be able to turn the offer down if you get one from Pune Warriors or KKR. I'd be pretty embarrassed if that's where my career mode achievements got me:p

----------

It would be good if, in the game, a match saving 55 off 310 balls is more valuable than a quick 70 off 75 to build a second innings lead. That's where MOTD in the game could come unstuck.

I think it's a neat gimmick and it's not going to be perfect...

I'm said before I'm not really bothered either way and, as you said, it is not a science and is difficult to judge in cricket. It is much easier for other sports such as football because of all the stats like passing and tackling success rate.

On to my favourite subject, blocking. Do the AI ever batten down the hatches and defend for a draw if they are unlikely to win?

On to my favourite subject, blocking. Do the AI ever batten down the hatches and defend for a draw if they are unlikely to win?

Yeah this is a great question. From what I've read, a lot of thought has been put into the aggression of the AI during limited overs games, but does the AI bat differently, set different fields etc in longer-form cricket depending on the match situation?

Users who are viewing this thread