Post your questions about the game here!

Ross, how do you think the developments made in your game engine through DBC will impact and improve the next iteration of Rugby League.

My only real critique of RLL2, along with many others who played the game for long enough to see just how well it was put together, was the ball physics/ interceptions.

If we are to do the next RLL then we would of course bring any technology we have available from DBC14 across to it.

If we are to do the next RLL then we would of course bring any technology we have available from DBC14 across to it.

Here's hoping, RLL2 was leaps and bounds ahead of any leagu game to come before it. It was genuinely fun to play.

Would the relationship you have been building, and the backlash from AFL Live 2 assist you in getting the chance to make another league game? Or is it more an issue of whether you would like to take on the genre again?

There are many things in the mix that I unfortunately can't discuss publicly.

Pace bowling line

hey Ross/bigAntstudios,
i was looking at the controls and i was wondering how are we to choose the line for pace bowlers. i see the lenght and angle but i dont see controls for line for pace bowlers?

The line would be determined by the direction in which you push the LAS up

Ross is DBC14 the biggest video game project you and Big Ant have been involved in? It looks as if you guys have created a whole new game engine specifically for it, is this correct?

Cheers.

How noticeable an effect would the batsman mentality attribute have on a player I control? I can see how it would affect AI, but does it also change the way a controlled batsman plays? Because we'd control a controlled batsman's mentality, right?

did i see some don bradman cricket 14 in one of the ads for the big bash league

I don't think so. It has been on some Google Nexus ad's featuring Bradman.

Ross is DBC14 the biggest video game project you and Big Ant have been involved in? It looks as if you guys have created a whole new game engine specifically for it, is this correct?

Cheers.

It isn't the biggest, the biggest in terms of budget/time/sales was our development of Spyro the Dragon, it is arguably the most important as it is self funded. It is an iteration of an Engine that we have been building for more than ten years, it is very stable and mature (unlike myself :p).

Hi Ross is there plan to include more team logos or icons in the game before its release, Kind regards

I think you might have them all in the Academy by now - not sure.

Spyro, wow, that brings back memories, I was 8 or 9 when I played Spyro 2 - fantastic games on the PS1! :) I don't think I've played any that Big Ant developed though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will we see the speed of the ball, and/or revolutions per minute for spinners after each delivery in the final release?

Also will there be a break-down of fastest ball, slowest ball and average speed?

Cheers.

There is a rev counter and a bowling speed indicator that pops up, just like how you would see it on TV in real life.

Users who are viewing this thread