Post your questions about the game here!

Ahh thanks, so I have to wait until he gets it wrong and a caught behind isn't given? That could take a while, lol. :)

Trust me....it takes more than a while!!!! I haven had that opportunity till now. I do think that this 'walk' system should be modified a bit. Even if you edge it and you press the walk button 'before' the umpire gives you out, it should be considered as a walk.

when will the fixes the stupid bugs in teh game come out

i have never seen a superman bowler that can dive a pitch length to leg side until i played DB14 to do his own fielding but a spinner just stands there confused?

Last edited:
My first post

Hi guys i just want to ask some questions that i have not seen answered on this forum.
1. Why do player in game stats not change after each game? are they not supposed to?
2. When i start my career can i choose my batting style or is it just a product of how i distribute my physical attributes?
3. Will the 'best teams' be available to be played with by both offline players in a 1vs1 after patch 2?
4. Does anyone know when patch 2 will be out and what it will change?
Thanks guys enjoy

Hi guys i just want to ask some questions that i have not seen answered on this forum.
1. Why do player in game stats not change after each game? are they not supposed to?
2. When i start my career can i choose my batting style or is it just a product of how i distribute my physical attributes?
3. Will the 'best teams' be available to be played with by both offline players in a 1vs1 after patch 2?
4. Does anyone know when patch 2 will be out and what it will change?
Thanks guys enjoy

Hey there:

1: they don't seen to change in career mode but the game does track stats in other modes. My hunch is it's a data issue in terms of tracking that it's career and also across different career saves.
2: I assume that's part of the player creation - under identity if memory serves
3: if you have downloaded teams from the academy they should be available regardless of mode
4: nah you're not gonna get that sort of info until the patch is past submission. Expect it to be around the time of PC release in early June as a best guess for now.

Im in the back end of my second season in career. im playing county now and smashing it and have been selected in australian test and odi teams in my second test tour atm and i am really struggling with bowling getting the timing right.

i can bowl legal balls easy enough but i cant get the timing good enough without the hud to bowl consistently at top pace most deliveries are well under pace. i have even resorted to counting in my head when the hud is up in county then trying to do that in tests when the hud is gone but no luck. is anyone else having this issue?

Im also really struggling with batting. any tips?

Just in the competition designer and would love it if anyone can tell me how the batting and bowling bonus points work and why there are upto 5 allocations for each available?

I meant when I play offline against a friend with 2 controllers, I can play with the New teams but my friend can't. why?

Help

My Batting is horrible need tips i enjoy playing the game more as a batsmen and not a bowler . have started the career as a batting allrounder . but only have a top score of 74. really need some batting tips.

Is it just me. But for some reason some of the get best teams are freezing my game when I go to change the lineups. Some help would be nice

when will the fixes the stupid bugs in teh game come out

i have never seen a superman bowler that can dive a pitch length to leg side until i played DB14 to do his own fielding but a spinner just stands there confused?

Temporary fix is to 'dumb down' the fielding attributes of the players so they are not so god like yourself.

Is it just me. But for some reason some of the get best teams are freezing my game when I go to change the lineups. Some help would be nice

PM Ross or HBK directly for this kind of issue, I don't think any of us can assist.

Hey there:

2: I assume that's part of the player creation - under identity if memory serves

No, you don't for a career player, but you do when creating a fresh player in the academy. I think for your created career player (as in created in the career mode rather than creating in CA and then 'importing' into Career mode) it is assigned by your stats, or just randomly, but still the game states this ONLY affects AI control of that player. This has no affect on how your player actually plays the shots.

i can bowl legal balls easy enough but i cant get the timing good enough without the hud to bowl consistently at top pace most deliveries are well under pace. i have even resorted to counting in my head when the hud is up in county then trying to do that in tests when the hud is gone but no luck. is anyone else having this issue?

Im also really struggling with batting. any tips?

I've bowled pretty much exclusivly on Legend difficulty, so have never really had the bowling assistant hud. I learned, from playing on Ledgend Difficulty in the match practice of watching where in the bowlers animation it is at when the meters were in the green. For Legend fast bowling, the ideal time to jump was just as the bowler started his animation into the jump, and the ideal timing for release of the ball was when the bowling arm was pointed backwards and parallel with the ground, at the start of the action. Spin bowling was simply arm pointing straight up for the delivery action to be performed.

Batting, read some of the other posts around here.. but the key is to know where the gaps are and aim for the biggest one. Fast bowling, as soon as you see the ball and know it's going quick (125km/h or over), swing straight away, step straight towards the ball. Straight bat (slightly left or right to avoid the bowler) is best if the fielders are not up. Don't play agressive until your confidence is full, and even then play it only when you are certain of only going to a fielder if you hit it real bad.

Against spin or slower bowling, just wait until the last possible moment to swing.. once again, best chance to play straight whenever possible.

Temporary fix is to 'dumb down' the fielding attributes of the players so they are not so god like yourself.

PM Ross or HBK directly for this kind of issue, I don't think any of us can assist.

No, you don't for a career player, but you do when creating a fresh player in the academy. I think for your created career player (as in created in the career mode rather than creating in CA and then 'importing' into Career mode) it is assigned by your stats, or just randomly, but still the game states this ONLY affects AI control of that player. This has no affect on how your player actually plays the shots.

I've bowled pretty much exclusivly on Legend difficulty, so have never really had the bowling assistant hud. I learned, from playing on Ledgend Difficulty in the match practice of watching where in the bowlers animation it is at when the meters were in the green. For Legend fast bowling, the ideal time to jump was just as the bowler started his animation into the jump, and the ideal timing for release of the ball was when the bowling arm was pointed backwards and parallel with the ground, at the start of the action. Spin bowling was simply arm pointing straight up for the delivery action to be performed.

Batting, read some of the other posts around here.. but the key is to know where the gaps are and aim for the biggest one. Fast bowling, as soon as you see the ball and know it's going quick (125km/h or over), swing straight away, step straight towards the ball. Straight bat (slightly left or right to avoid the bowler) is best if the fielders are not up. Don't play agressive until your confidence is full, and even then play it only when you are certain of only going to a fielder if you hit it real bad.

Against spin or slower bowling, just wait until the last possible moment to swing.. once again, best chance to play straight whenever possible.

How do I pm Ross?

Users who are viewing this thread