Post your questions about the game here!

I guess they could open up the lower difficulties for career but then say the points you earn won't go onto the leaderboards like other games.

If not though I still stand by my opinion that batting should be made easier on pro at a similar difficulty level to the bowling in terms of career.

I personally feel it's the batting that needs to be made easier, especially with pro as the baseline difficulty in career. If we had the possibility of amateur in career I would be more inclined to agree with you.

i wouldn't disagree with amateur as a career option. easier batting i just say no. batting is fine.

i wouldn't disagree with amateur as a career option. easier batting i just say no. batting is fine.

So what's the difference between what you're saying and making batting easier on pro when you've still got the difficulties above...? At the moment career mode in no way appeals to those who want to play casually.

So what's the difference between what you're saying and making batting easier on pro when you've still got the difficulties above...? At the moment career mode in no way appeals to those who want to play casually.

if you can't see the difference between making a specific mode available at a lower (existing) difficulty, and making a separate (existing) difficulty easier, i wonder who is putting your pants on in the morning?

put simply, batting is challenging (on pro), bowling is not. i will not agree that the solution to that imbalance is to stop batting being challenging.

Last edited:
if you can't see the difference between making a specific mode available at a lower (existing) difficulty, and making a separate (existing) difficulty higher, i wonder who is putting your pants on in the morning?

put simply, batting is challenging (on pro), bowling is not. i will not agree that the solution to that imbalance is to stop batting being challenging.

Would prefer it if you didn't attempt to immaturely insult me for having a different opinion than you mate.

What's wrong with making the batting on pro easier for the more casual of players and then those of us who want more realism/a challenge play on the difficulties above?

Tend to agree. Career mode currently is only really an option for the "hard-core" as a batsman.

Would prefer it if you didn't attempt to immaturely insult me for having a different opinion than you mate.

What's wrong with making the batting on pro easier for the more casual of players and then those of us who want more realism/a challenge play on the difficulties above?

a) the issue is not disagreeing with me, it's the inability to see the difference between two wildly different things

b)what's wrong is there are already lower difficulties. make amateur available for career. improve AI batting at all levels. problem solved.

not difficult.

a) the issue is not disagreeing with me, it's the inability to see the difference between two wildly different things

b)what's wrong is there are already lower difficulties. make amateur available for career. improve AI batting at all levels. problem solved.

not difficult.

Which in the end will achieve the same as what I have suggested except one less near impossible level to bat on higher up that no one even bothers to use.

Disagree Dave, there's been some talk of having a level between Amateur and Pro where there's limited assistance for footwork. Think that would be the best option really...

Tend to agree. Career mode currently is only really an option for the "hard-core" as a batsman.

it's not an option for anyone as a bowler at pro-level who doesn't want to pick up cheap wickets with no thought, either.

----------

Which in the end will achieve the same as what I have suggested.

it really will not. it's painful that you can't see that.

again, making a mode available at a lower level, is not the same as making an existing level easier. it's not even close to the same thing.

I agree. That's why I went as the bowling allrounder to at least give me the mix of easy and very hard!

Disagree Dave, there's been some talk of having a level between Amateur and Pro where there's limited assistance for footwork. Think that would be the best option really...

well actually, i don't disagree with that. a level with limited assistance - e.g. you have to pick front or back, but the assistance takes care of lateral movement, would be a good thing. but it should be additional, not tinkering with pro.

batting at pro level is fine as is. it just takes work and concentration.

an't see that.

again, making a mode available at a lower level, is not the same as making an existing level easier. it's not even close to the same thing.

Perhaps you would like to get rid of the pain and explain to me why then or give me an example of where this will create problems for you by doing what I suggest instead of what you suggest?

If pro level takes work and concentration what does the highest of levels take?

well actually, i don't disagree with that. a level with limited assistance - e.g. you have to pick front or back, but the assistance takes care of lateral movement, would be a good thing. but it should be additional, not tinkering with pro.

batting at pro level is fine as is. it just takes work and concentration.

I can regularly get to the teens now, but struggling to push on. Just think amateur is a bit too easy and pro a bit too tricky for casual players.

Perhaps you would like to get rid of the pain and explain to me why then or give me an example of where this will create problems for you by doing what I suggest instead of what you suggest?

ok... i can sense i am being trolled but i will take you at face value.

pretend i say you can only bowl underarm on the practice pitch, and the real pitch is for overarm bowling only.

but you're having real problems bowling overarm, though you would love to play on the real pitch... it has a stand and billy bowden is umpire and everything. i can see why you want to play on it.

so there are two options: a) me saying, ok mate, you can play and bowl underarm, b) me saying you can play and bowl underarm and i'll provide magical assistance that makes the underarm ball look and move like an overarm.

note these are two different things, not the same thing.

in a) i'm providing you with an additional option, in b) i'm bastardising an existing option to make you feel better that you look like you're playing with the big boys.

----------

I can regularly get to the teens now, but struggling to push on. Just think amateur is a bit too easy and pro a bit too tricky for casual players.

in pro i can usually slog a quick 20-30, working for the runs once they've cut off my go-to 4's is difficult. but it's not impossible.

people just have to accept they might have a few careers where they get low averages because the first 3 years are terrible. as i have said, grow a pair. you want to be sachin - download him and play on amateur in a casual mode.

Users who are viewing this thread