Post your questions about the game here!

Short Leg is useful as a meat shield for sweeps; it's gamey but who cares about that

Honestly I think playing against the AI is what makes me very reluctant to take off mid off online because in last versions that's where you got all your wickets from...

There is an unrealistically large number of catches at mid on, particularly from batsmen who are set.

Although having said that, often it comes after you tie down the batsman for a few overs, and I guess they get a bit frustrated. That is realistic.

One completely different question: is it 100% impossible to edit Bradman? It'd be nice to give him a cap and not have him come out in white pads regardless of the team's outfit.

I have been playing this on PS4 for a couple of weeks now in career mode, and i have read the forums so i know that there is an AI problem when it comes to them edging the ball, so i have two questions:

1) is there any point in having any bad/pad and slip fielders? occasionally the ball hits the b/p fielder in the head or something and then he catches the rebound off himself, but in a lot of overs bowled as a spin bowler, i have never seen a genuine b/p or slip catch. is this the game, or because of my skill levels? (i have played two full seasons)

2) if it is the game, is this going to be fixed by a patch? it is a great game, and i wouldn't say it is ruined by this but it is a large hole in it!

one more thing... caught and bowled while bowling... i guess you have to react with the right stick in time to take a return catch?

Regarding the edges myself and a few others improved on the edges by lowering the attributes, there are a couple of threads on this but will require a bit of reading. Check out my post near the bottom of this page: 1st Ashes Test Match - Reduced Skills. Full Playtest. | Page 14 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

This will give you an idea on how to set things up.

Just download a duplicate Bradman from the Academy and add him to whatever squad you like, you should be able to edit him after that, make sure you unlink him though when downloading. After downloading about 20 odd duplicate Biggs' to create the Gamecocks that's where things can go quite wrong if they're still linked!

Just download a duplicate Bradman from the Academy and add him to whatever squad you like, you should be able to edit him after that, make sure you unlink him though when downloading. After downloading about 20 odd duplicate Biggs' to create the Gamecocks that's where things can go quite wrong if they're still linked!

Thanks mate, I'll give it a crack. Seems odd that the promotional banner at the top of the forum has him wearing a cap but it isn't possible in the game (without this hack).

Could be just the team settings, check to see if "wear cap" is enabled, or whatever it's called.

Could be just the team settings, check to see if "wear cap" is enabled, or whatever it's called.

Yeah, no matter what the team settings are for hat, gear etc, Bradman will always have his own stuff: no hat, old school bat and white old pads.

But I'm yet to try your method which means I may be able to edit him.

Hi I was wondering if you can have 2 players local co op on the same team against the AI. I can't figure out how to do this only option I can see is 1v1 against either local player or AI? It would be cool to bat with a friend and make big partnerships. I'm hoping this option is available I've never played cricket game where this wasn't possible hope big any haven't overlooked this just me having blonde moment. some of us just want multiplayer in person.

Hi I was wondering if you can have 2 players local co op on the same team against the AI. I can't figure out how to do this only option I can see is 1v1 against either local player or AI? It would be cool to bat with a friend and make big partnerships. I'm hoping this option is available I've never played cricket game where this wasn't possible hope big any haven't overlooked this just me having blonde moment. some of us just want multiplayer in person.

Which platform are you on?

Lads quick question I know once you start with teams in career you can't amend lineup etc is it possible to change the colour kits teams use? Just made it into the England ODI team and whichever spanner created it has made it a white kit so just looks like the test strip......not happy and whilst it's just aesthetics it's kind of off putting, on PS4

Last edited:
Yeah the person who made a team before kit options were opened up in the academy is a spanner.

Those who voted that the best and the person who relies on get best and doesn't check things before starting a career isn't a spanner.

The person who doesn't get the pros & cons of crowd sourcing isn't a spanner.

Gogga definitely isn't not a jocular vernacular

Cheers for the particularly helpful reply mate. If only there were more people like you in the world what a pleasant place it would be....unfortunately when I purchased the game I didn't realise once you begin everything is basically locked after that point. Naivety or perhaps it was something a user might expect to be able to change. A bit like other team sports where you can change elements such as line up kit etc. Perhaps if it didn't lead you more or less towards get best that would help too, I'm sure all this is still somehow my fault mind.

unfortunately when I purchased the game I didn't realise once you begin everything is basically locked after that point

The game literally tells you this when you begin your career, and it's explained across countless threads as well?

Perhaps if it didn't lead you more or less towards get best that would help too, I'm sure all this is still somehow my fault

There's a stickied thread at the top of this very forum, below the one you're posting in which the entire content thereof is essentially "do not, under any circumstances use get best"

In which case I missed it, fair enough can't recall that far back.

I'm aware of that now, unfortunately I purchased the game way back in May? And only joined this forum a week or so ago after finally having the time to put into it and not realising the various stipulations to ensure the best teams are picked etc. I guess it now comes down to whether I restart or not.

If you've only just started, scorched earth policy and grab the better teams from the relevant thread and restart the career would be my advice. You'll still face the same problem long-term anyway with the squads since you can't change them either throughout your career so I dunno how much it bothers you. I have a dead player who opens the batting, which bothers me more than it should... but tis a failure of the game and not my own doing. I dunno, I tend to check forums and stuff before I do anything in games because I'm OCD about such things, everyone is different.

My earlier point was a little less combative in your posting blaming errors you've made on other people ["spanners"] would prolly do you better, especially as the answers for a year plus old game are multiple and easy to find.

Users who are viewing this thread