Post your questions about the game here!

1. Are you on PS3/XBox 360 or PS4/XB One? After playing the game on PS3 and now on PS4 I can say that picking wkts was easier on PS3 compared to on PS4. This observation is for career mode.

2. Do you struggle to pick up wkts with pacers or spinners? It's comparatively much easier to pick up wkts as a spinner than as a pacer. With pacers you can sometime toil for sessions without any reward.

3. Are you struggling to pick wkts on career mode or in other modes as well? On PS3 spinners were my go to bowlers and I can't say much for PS4 as I haven't explored any other mode other than career mode as of yet. But I would go with spinners and see how it turns out.

1. I'm on PC

2. Struggling with to pick up wickets with pacers in career mode. I also dont get too many with spinners in casual/competition, but do fine with pacers in those modes.

3. Really only in career mode, in casual/competitions I get plenty of chances (I just drop them because I suck at fielding).

Edit: Just made an allrounder (wrist spinner), only played 2 matches but no wickets so far.

Last edited:
1. I'm on PC

2. Struggling with to pick up wickets with pacers in career mode. I also dont get too many with spinners in casual/competition, but do fine with pacers in those modes.

3. Really only in career mode, in casual/competitions I get plenty of chances (I just drop them because I suck at fielding).

Edit: Just made an allrounder (wrist spinner), only played 2 matches but no wickets so far.

Can't comment on PC version as the PC version is patched and I'm still on the console version (PS4) of the game. But on the console version, spinners are able to pick up wkts in career mode. Maybe those cheap wkts got patched on PC so maybe you will need to put in some hard yards early on to get to the stage where you are able to pick up wkts.

As my exams approach I decided to procrastinate by getting back in to Don Bradman. I am finally enjoying the game fully, and find it relatively realistic. Just going to point out a few things and hopefully someone can see where I am going wrong. (N.B. I am playing in Pro difficulty, usually T20 matches)

1. I find it a lot easier to bat with left handers compared to right handers. I have had left handers hit a lot more sixes than right handers. The cover drive has been a feature of most left handers innings. It is a bit annoying with the left handers scoring at twice the strike rate of right handed batsmen. Does anyone else have this problem?
2. Regarding bowling, most of my bowls are yorkers as I find when I bowl a decent length, the batsmen will just hit the bowl all around the park. I have tried to swing the bowl, but the ball barely swings.
3. I am struggling to get much out of spinners as a bowler, most of my spinners end up going for 10+ an over. Any hints or tips?
4. Something that I have noticed a lot, if I come out of the crease to hit the ball and miss it, the keeper takes forever to stump the batsmen; often the batsmen returns back to the crease before the stumps are broken?

Any advice on any of the above problems will be appreciated.

Edit: On PC, with an Xbox controller.

As my exams approach I decided to procrastinate by getting back in to Don Bradman. I am finally enjoying the game fully, and find it relatively realistic. Just going to point out a few things and hopefully someone can see where I am going wrong. (N.B. I am playing in Pro difficulty, usually T20 matches)

1. I find it a lot easier to bat with left handers compared to right handers. I have had left handers hit a lot more sixes than right handers. The cover drive has been a feature of most left handers innings. It is a bit annoying with the left handers scoring at twice the strike rate of right handed batsmen. Does anyone else have this problem?
2. Regarding bowling, most of my bowls are yorkers as I find when I bowl a decent length, the batsmen will just hit the bowl all around the park. I have tried to swing the bowl, but the ball barely swings.
3. I am struggling to get much out of spinners as a bowler, most of my spinners end up going for 10+ an over. Any hints or tips?
4. Something that I have noticed a lot, if I come out of the crease to hit the ball and miss it, the keeper takes forever to stump the batsmen; often the batsmen returns back to the crease before the stumps are broken?

Any advice on any of the above problems will be appreciated.

Edit: On PC, with an Xbox controller.
1. I feel its because most of the bowlers are right handed and that angle helps to score more whereas when playing as right handed, ball swinging away on most occasion makes it hard to score faster...Try editing a team with left hand bowlers and bat with left handed batsman you will find that challenging...
2.Check the length you are selecting, then the release angle and the time of release matters to get the best delivery out of a bowler..But actually its really very easy to bowl swinging balls..
3.Again check the steps of spinner, select type of delivery ->Length selection-> Rotate LAS ->3 rotations for better spin-> Release RAS...Again this is really easy as well...Spinners are the one AI is always afraid off..Too many maidens come off spinners in the game..
4.Issue that will hopefully be rectified in the next version....

Career mode Skills. is there a cap on each of the skills once they are shown to be 100%(or looks like its full) ?

In my career I choose a team and bat at number 3. Is it possible to change where you bat I different formats. Also the team is always first class team even in 20 20 format. How can you fix this?

In my career I choose a team and bat at number 3. Is it possible to change where you bat I different formats. Also the team is always first class team even in 20 20 format. How can you fix this?

1. To change your batting position you have to become the captain.

2. To have separate batting lineups/teams for different formats (Test, List A and T20s) you have to change the batting lineups for each of the career teams in the DBC Academy before starting the career. Another thing you may want to do is to assign every career team a different home stadium as this ensures you play at different venues in career mode. E.g., before I started a career, I went through all the county teams which are part of the 'career team list' and tweaked the lineups and assigned them a different home stadium. So I have a county team with 'Colombo Oval' as its home stadium and a team has 'Lahore' as its home base, but it ensures you don't play every game in the same 2-3 stadiums.

Hey guys I am having some trouble with Don bradman Cricket 14 since last 3-4 days.

Everytime I try to go online to play my career mode I keep getting this message.

"You need to be signed into Xbox LIVE with sufficient online privileges to access this feature"

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

1. To change your batting position you have to become the captain.

2. To have separate batting lineups/teams for different formats (Test, List A and T20s) you have to change the batting lineups for each of the career teams in the DBC Academy before starting the career. Another thing you may want to do is to assign every career team a different home stadium as this ensures you play at different venues in career mode. E.g., before I started a career, I went through all the county teams which are part of the 'career team list' and tweaked the lineups and assigned them a different home stadium. So I have a county team with 'Colombo Oval' as its home stadium and a team has 'Lahore' as its home base, but it ensures you don't play every game in the same 2-3 stadiums.

So if I change the home stadium after I started my career it will not take effect in my current career?[DOUBLEPOST=1452067726][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey guys I am having some trouble with Don bradman Cricket 14 since last 3-4 days.

Everytime I try to go online to play my career mode I keep getting this message.

"You need to be signed into Xbox LIVE with sufficient online privileges to access this feature"

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

I am also having the same problem...[DOUBLEPOST=1452067793][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah with the inclusion of stadium creator,we will have loads of stadiums..
When will we get to create a stadium?

So if I change the home stadium after I started my career it will not take effect in my current career?[DOUBLEPOST=1452067726][/DOUBLEPOST]

I am also having the same problem...[DOUBLEPOST=1452067793][/DOUBLEPOST]
When will we get to create a stadium?
No.

Users who are viewing this thread