Pro Evolution Soccer 5

sachin said:
Anyway,i didn't even realise that lowering the star level makes it easier to aquire players.
Wait a min.. I didn't say lowering the star level made it easier to acquire players for me. It's just because I wasn't good at the game at that time, I wanted to acquire a famous striker.

Well it does,and i'm surprised you managed to finish so low.Anyway what star level were you on?And i hope they change that for the next game, as freedom is whats needed.

sachin said:
Well it does,and i'm surprised you managed to finish so low.Anyway what star level were you on?And i hope they change that for the next game, as freedom is whats needed.
Well I was winning quite easily on 2 *, so jumped directly to 5 *.
and because I underestimated 5 * level, I started loosing everything. :D

and btw, it's still my dream to win Champions league.

Madman said:
Why do you want to play on easy all the time? Its no fun walking through a zombie defence and scoring a tap in is it, play good football and work for your goals on higher difficulty, Its much more enjoyable
And also, its realistic having to sell some good players, save some money, win more trophies and get a higher ranking before you will be able to buy players!
Accrington Stanley can't go and sign Thierry Henry or Ronaldinho in real life so why should a low ranked team be able to do it in PES?
I have a few recommendations though, play these players every game and train them well in off season and they will become extraordinary players:

A. Smith - not too hard negotiate with and not too expensive either, most of his attacking attributes go up to around 95, unbelievable but true.
Robben - quite hard to sign,becomes one of the the fastest, most skilful and best midfielders in the game
Rooney - most attacking attributes go up to around 96-97, pair with A. Smith and you will have an amazing strikeforce
C. Ronaldo - even though he was a complete ****** in Germany he is a very useful player on PES, his passing and attacking attributes go up to around 94-95. Also can do the Flip-Flap and Cruyff Turn

I made Coventry City on the game LOL! i have all 4 of these players there and they won the WEFA Championships, Division 1 and the Division 1 cup all in a season on 6* :D

I usually win 2 or 3-0 on 6* anyway :p thats why i play online a lot, to get some real competition :p :).

I hope you guys are playing the PC version online, i would love to play against some of you :).
Mate I play online but you would whip me lol, I play on 4* at the minute and I might go up to 5* soon =]

cricket doctor said:
Well I was winning quite easily on 2 *, so jumped directly to 5 *.
and because I underestimated 5 * level, I started loosing everything. :D

and btw, it's still my dream to win Champions league.
4 is very weird,you have more chances to score than on three,sometimes you put most of them in,and other times you lose 3-0 even though you have 23 shots on goal.F ucking ridiculous...Defence is so bad!

Madman said:
To make almost certain goals, run along the wing with a pacey and skilful winger or striker like Robben, Ronaldinho or C. Ronaldo(the ******) quite close to the goal line and then cut inside, try to beat the defender, then run up towards the goaland pass it over to oneof your players with X and they will almost certainly have an easy tap in. This is quite hard to learn how to do but it creates lots of goals and with some practice, very hard to stop.
I hope you don't do that one online, people get really annoyed when you do the infamous 'cutback trick'. I can score pretty spectacular goals as it is thank-you :p I will send you some if I get chance.

Madman said:
To make almost certain goals, run along the wing with a pacey and skilful winger or striker like Robben, Ronaldinho or C. Ronaldo(the ******) quite close to the goal line and then cut inside, try to beat the defender, then run up towards the goaland pass it over to oneof your players with X and they will almost certainly have an easy tap in. This is quite hard to learn how to do but it creates lots of goals and with some practice, very hard to stop.

i'm a master at that

I choose not to do that as I think it is a form of cheating, especially online. People have a go at you for not creating 'proper' goals. I can easily get through on goal anyway so I don't worry to much about it :D

Yeah it is a useful way of scoring, and like a few of you I try to avoid it online, obviously there are times when you break down a flank and it's your only option, but most of the time I look to cut open defences with slick passing.

I've had the game since it came out, and haven't played much online lately but one observation is you either play someone who is determined to win at all costs and scores almost exclusively like that, marks your entire front line and attacking midfielder, and hits you on the break. Or people who try to play nice football.

That said, it's always satisfying thrashing the former.

I think Madman plays on 6*. Not sure though. But when you play online you don't get a difficulty setting

Users who are viewing this thread