Proof as to why AFL beats every other sport in the world

Didn't a rugby player get fined, for sticking his finger up someone's arse in the middle of a ruck? I think he was Australian as well ;) You guys been running out of female convicts recently, beginning to get...urges? :p

Yeah that was retarded. Years ago now though. Filthy guy he was!!! :p

Lets see.

Japan. Boring for 80 minutes until some goals finally game
Brazil. Boring
Croatia. Was ok, excluding the ref ruining the game
Italy. Boring. Once again, ref ruined the game.

So a game is only interesting if Australia is involved?

So a game is only interesting if Australia is involved?

No, but any sporting event/game is supposed to be naturally more exciting if your connected and supporting a team. And if you read the previous posts, my connection is Australia, and i find most of their games dead boring.

Just watched the Man United/Arsenal game. Once again, a 0-0 snooze fest with constant theatrics. Not to mention the gay pride the soccer players show. With all the kissing (literally) and diving. Even the united players were skipping whilst holding each other after the game......

Before that i watched the Sydney/West Coast (afl) game and found it a pretty good game considering i couldnt give a flying toss about these two interstate teams.

Last edited:
The Man United and Arsenal game had a number of chances for both sides and no one was ever comfortable knowing United needed a draw to win the title. Just because there were no goals does not mean the game was boring.

Diving is a tactic, not a reflection of a player's sexuality, too.

The Man United and Arsenal game had a number of chances for both sides and no one was ever comfortable knowing United needed a draw to win the title. Just because there were no goals does not mean the game was boring.

Diving is a tactic, not a reflection of a player's sexuality, too.

Number of chances?? I don't recall seeing the Arsenal keep making a save. Although Van der sar made one or two

Diving is cheating, and often dictates the results of games which makes watching a game a complete waste of time. It's one thing to dive, and then get straight back up. But its another to dive over nothing, and then roll around pretending like your shot, where the game has to stop whilst the player is "treated" then he miraculously gets up and sprints away once the game continues.

The only player i give some respect to is Rooney, I rarely see him dive, and he really goes hard at it and gives it his all. The way the game should be played.

I find it quite amusing how big grown English men hold these soft nancy boys in such high regards.

Number of chances?? I don't recall seeing the Arsenal keep making a save. Although Van der sar made one or two

Diving is cheating, and often dictates the results of games which makes watching a game a complete waste of time. It's one thing to dive, and then get straight back up. But its another to dive over nothing, and then roll around pretending like your shot, where the game has to stop whilst the player is "treated" then he miraculously gets up and sprints away once the game continues.

The only player i give some respect to is Rooney, I rarely see him dive, and he really goes hard at it and gives it his all. The way the game should be played.

I find it quite amusing how big grown English men hold these soft nancy boys in such high regards.
Billions of people worldwide (not just the English) hold footballers in high regard because they entertain and delight. As I said, diving is a tactic. Players know diving will most likely win a free kick so they do, despite it not being in the spirit of the game.

Initially, it may be called as a free kick. But to roll around and carry on for quite a while is pathetic.

For once, we agree. I don't respect players that dive; I might respect Ronaldo's talent, but if he dives, or throws the toys out of the pram because he doesn't get a freekick, I just think 'grow up' (as well as wishing that I was getting paid ?100,000+ pw for something I love). You should also add Tevez to your list; he works his butt off for the team and has a good deal of skill to go with it.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Initially, it may be called as a free kick. But to roll around and carry on for quite a while is pathetic.

True, but that's how the sport is these days. It is one of the aspects of football that I don't like, and most true fans don't either.

Tevez had a great chance to dive and win a penalty when the Arsenal goalkeeper slid in to try get the ball, and only got Tevez but Tevez stayed on his feet. Ronaldo would have went though!

It was a pretty good game, really nerve racking. I was getting pretty pissed off at Arsenal though when they wouldn't score. Their passing was great but I was getting impatient!

Well Matty Johns (nrl player), a few years ago, just been reported last week that he had a 14som with a young lady and 12 other men... not a good look eh?:rolleyes:

Well Matty Johns (nrl player), a few years ago, just been reported last week that he had a 14som with a young lady and 12 other men... not a good look eh?:rolleyes:

bout time someone bought that up. Definetly not a good look for the sport now

Users who are viewing this thread