Release in North America + Preorder Prices?

My question is why isn't TruBlu selling the game as a "reseller" on amazon. The price gouging is going to prevent a lot of cricket fans to buy a game when they see a new game in the USA should be 60 dollars. A game that is priced 30 dollars above that and with taxes is not fair nor feasible for major penetration in terms of sales of the game in this region.

Coz Tru Blu are publishers and not retailers. Their job is to sell to distributors and get the price they want for DBC 14 from distributors. It's not their concern how the retailers price DBC 14.

Feel sorry for the prime members, I just logged in to check with my prime membership and got the below.

Items shipped from Classical Record Outlet
Estimated shipping: Apr. 14, 2014 - Apr. 18, 2014
DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14
DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14
$85.00
Not eligible for Amazon Prime (Learn more)
Usually ships within 6 to 10 days.
Quantity: 1 Change quantity of DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14 from 1
Sold by: Classical Record Outlet
Gift options not available.
Choose a delivery option:
Standard (3-5 business days)

So there is no next day delivery option for both prime and non-prime accounts.

----------

I contacted them, and asked them when they prepare to ship my product. I am just waiting on their response.

Just make sure that they give you a tracking number or atleast the courier agent which do delivery, otherwise which you will be having tough time on the day you expect the package.

Feel sorry for the prime members, I just logged in to check with my prime membership and got the below.

So there is no next day delivery option for both prime and non-prime accounts.

Prime is only available for stuff Amazon sells, and not for marketplace & resellers.

As I've mentioned earlier, buy the game and just stick it out. the game will eventually reach you.
canceling will cause headaches.

obviously the reseller is taking advantage of the demand but this is a good thing. if the shipment sells out, more will be ordered.

people here in the US who want to buy cricket will surely afford the extra $20. its a not a killer amount. plus there is not much choice now.

just buy the game and wait is my advice.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 PlayStation 3 | eBay

This seller sells the game from West Indies with free US shipping, but delivery expected time is around April 18 which is crazy.

Looks like first few days of sale is going to be around 100$ for this game. If that is the case, would recommend Tango which charged me 114$ that would be better option than spending 100$ here in US and waiting until April midweek. Just my opinion to people who want this game within next week, or it would be good to wait to see this dust settling down after which I would expect the price drop.

Coz Tru Blu are publishers and not retailers. Their job is to sell to distributors and get the price they want for DBC 14 from distributors. It's not their concern how the retailers price DBC 14.

That is not fair for the consumer. Publishers have their own sites where consumers can buy the game. Please take a look at Ubisoft, EA, or smaller publishers do to like Capcom. If TruBlu wanted to sell the game in the US, then they should price it as normal priced new game instead of giving distributors the free hand in gouging the price of the game. The distributor nor TruBlu are going to get hurt, but it will be Big Ant because less folks will buy their game here due to gouging of the price.

TruBlu already received the money from the distributor and distributor is trying to make a huge profit.

There seems to be whole dissonance in the thought process that Big Ant are just the developers and TruBlu are just the publishers and totally separate from each other in the decision making process. When publisher sells a developers game then there a whole lot of agreements from what I have seen.

Also a gamer is not going to spend 100 dollars with taxes on a basic edition of the game because a retailer is price gouging. When they can see 60 dollars as the norm for newly released game with the whole TruBlu/Big Ant saying they don't reduce the price of the game. This whole process has been pathetic.

TruBlu should have just sold the game through their own "reseller" on amazon and kept the price competitive or the norm in the USA and Canada.

If they were going to do this, then they should have made a special site where users could go and buy the game for international shipping.

The whole situation has been pathetic because no body except for here really knows about the game and some of my friends. :\

I may sound a bit ranting and abusive to the game, but I am trying to give positive criticism to the whole situation so that this does not happen again for the sequel or something happen to have an appropriate price for the game that would actually will sell in USA (aside from the hardcore fan base here).

^^^
You are preaching to the choir. I share your frustration at how the whole release stuff has been handled and I had to order the game from UAE coz there was no clarity regarding if and when the game would be available in North America.

Certainly plenty of room for improvement with respect to release for Tru Blu and Big Ant and hopefully they won't put their consumers through this again. In this day and age it's not really much to ask for a publisher to be clear about when the product will be available, what the price of product would be and where can the said product be purchased from.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 PlayStation 3 | eBay

This seller sells the game from West Indies with free US shipping, but delivery expected time is around April 18 which is crazy.

Looks like first few days of sale is going to be around 100$ for this game. If that is the case, would recommend Tango which charged me 114$ that would be better option than spending 100$ here in US and waiting until April midweek. Just my opinion to people who want this game within next week, or it would be good to wait to see this dust settling down after which I would expect the price drop.

I would be VERY careful.

Now there is one more seller added in Amazon who is selling this game at $107.64 with same day delivery...
"BRAND NEW! Ships from the USA the same business day if order is placed before 2:00 pm EST (11:00 am PST). Tracking included on domestic orders. Fast Shipping and 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed"

Now there is one more seller added in Amazon who is selling this game at $107.64 with same day delivery...
"BRAND NEW! Ships from the USA the same business day if order is placed before 2:00 pm EST (11:00 am PST). Tracking included on domestic orders. Fast Shipping and 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed"

Can you please post that link.... :cheers

Last edited:
I am looking to gift this to a friend. So folks, Importcds, even though it says shipping within 24 hours, is going to ship on 15th April?

Folks, I would be careful. DeepDiscount, the seller for the game, has same ownership as Importcds.com. It looks like importcds folks are trying to make some extra money on the side. IMO they would start selling the game early next week and this additional premium may not be worth it.

Hmm.. could be.. they are just trying to take advantage of this situation. I cancelled my order with ImportCDs in morning and finally ordered from Amazon (Classical Record Outlet) for $69.28 (including shipping).

Shipping estimate: April 14, 2014 - April 18, 2014
Delivery estimate: April 17, 2014 - April 25, 2014

Users who are viewing this thread