Saurav Ganguly may come back in less tham six months - Selectors

Do You want Ganguly Back?

• Total voters
saisrini80 said:
He is doing it to make the right noises. The current administration is totally anti-Dalmiya and Ganguly is known to be Dalmiya's protege. So by distancing himself from Dalmiya, Ganguly is hoping that the current administration looks at him in a more favorable light. Well he has to take this move if he has to think of surviving. He cant afford to be linked with a man like Dalmiya who has no support or power in the BCCI!

He's an Opportunist, isn't he?

s2sschan said:
He's an Opportunist, isn't he?

Well, for his own good, he has to be like that!

Well Ganguly is injured now! Dont know how long this injury is going to take to heal! Hope it heals off soon. He has to play domestic cricket and score to make a comeback!

yea hope he will be back on the field soon but his chances of coming back are very bleak.

The way, Ganguly is failing in county right now, he wont even get a place in the Bengal state team. He has again failed in the match against Essex scoring just 9 runs.

Even though Ganguly might have tried to impress the current BCCI administration by getting against Dalmiya, his repeated failures will not allow him to get back into the Indian team!

saisrini80 said:
Even though Ganguly might have tried to impress the current BCCI administration by getting against Dalmiya, his repeated failures will not allow him to get back into the Indian team!

Hey,i never gave a thought to that.
Ganguly might have hit out at Dalmiya on Dalmiya's orders.
Seeing that Dalmiya has been so cool about the incident,this smells fishy. :mad:

saisrini80 said:
The way, Ganguly is failing in county right now, he wont even get a place in the Bengal state team. He has again failed in the match against Essex scoring just 9 runs.
What's worse than that is his was the only single-figure score in the innings, which saw three centurions and the Northants put up 660/5.

Last heard ESPN-STAR Sports offered Ganguly a post as acommentator,which I believe he refused.

iceman_waugh said:
Last heard ESPN-STAR Sports offered Ganguly a post as acommentator,which I believe he refused.

As long as he is interested in making a comeback, he wont accept it.

Just curious, is the Indian domestic season coming sometime soon? How many matches does Ganguly have before the team is selected for the Champions Trophy?

What will be the chances of Ganguly sneaking through into the team for the Champions Trophy?

sohummisra said:
What's worse than that is his was the only single-figure score in the innings, which saw three centurions and the Northants put up 660/5.

yes! I checked that out too! he is not suitable at all for the longer format!

saisrini80 said:
Just curious, is the Indian domestic season coming sometime soon? How many matches does Ganguly have before the team is selected for the Champions Trophy?

The Indian Domestic season is coming up.
Starts from 1st October.
One can,i believe easily rule out Sourav for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Given that he has left the Bengal captain's post,I think he'd have to play from some other state now[folowing his rift with his godfatehr-Jagmohan Dalmiya]

I think Ganguly's cricket career is entering its final stretch. Unless he puts in some good performances in the rest of the English domestic season, I don't see even a county wanting to recruit him as their overseas player.

saisrini80 said:

John Wright has hit out at Ganguly in his book "Indian Summers". Ganguly appointed Sunil Gavaskar as "Batting Consultant" when Australia last toured India and won the Series handsomely. He did this to undermine Wright. The "Ultra-Nationalist" Gavaskar was only too happy to snub "The Foreign Coach".

Despite or maybe because of this, certain bigwigs in the BCCI prepared Seaming Wickets for the Series to Snub Ganguly. In a way I'll be happy if Ganguly is history. He is too political and arrogant for India's good.

iceman_waugh said:
The Indian Domestic season is coming up.
Starts from 1st October.
One can,i believe easily rule out Sourav for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Given that he has left the Bengal captain's post,I think he'd have to play from some other state now[folowing his rift with his godfatehr-Jagmohan Dalmiya]

I highly doubt that! If Dalmiya loses the elections, then Ganguly can play from his home state. Even if he (Dalmiya) wins, I dont think ganguly will take to playing from some other state.

I too think he cant come back for the Champions Trophy.

sohummisra said:
I think Ganguly's cricket career is entering its final stretch. Unless he puts in some good performances in the rest of the English domestic season, I don't see even a county wanting to recruit him as their overseas player.

According to the current situation, thats the most likely outcome!

s2sschan said:
John Wright has hit out at Ganguly in his book "Indian Summers". Ganguly appointed Sunil Gavaskar as "Batting Consultant" when Australia last toured India and won the Series handsomely. He did this to undermine Wright. The "Ultra-Nationalist" Gavaskar was only too happy to snub "The Foreign Coach".

Despite or maybe because of this, certain bigwigs in the BCCI prepared Seaming Wickets for the Series to Snub Ganguly. In a way I'll be happy if Ganguly is history. He is too political and arrogant for India's good.

He might have been pollitical and arrogant, but thats in the past! I wish we use his skills on the field coupled with his fitness, his ability, etc to judge whether he can comeback or not!

saisrini80 said:
He might have been pollitical and arrogant, but thats in the past! I wish we use his skills on the field coupled with his fitness, his ability, etc to judge whether he can comeback or not!
But does Ganguly himself trust his skills and his "fitness"? If he did, he wouldn't perhaps have been talking against Dalmiya when the latter is vulnerable, just to align himself with the right people.

Users who are viewing this thread