Saurav Ganguly may come back in less tham six months - Selectors

Do You want Ganguly Back?

• Total voters
Go Dada Go!!!!

sourav will never stay down.. sourav will never back off!! sourav will make it big once more in the international scenario and i punt he will!! Really.. what does he have to prove anymore.. he is the second highest centurion in the history of one-dayers,next only to the greatest of 'em all.. If u tell me he needs to fight his way back into the team.. i got two words for u.. SUCK IT!! Indian cricket is on the fastlane of the highway to HELL!!

saisrini80 said:
Dalmiya wins the CAB elections and retains his post!

Will this spell the end of Ganguly's career? I hope not!

"Ganguly is a Bacchcha (Immature Kid)." - Jagmohan Dalmiya, former BCCI chief and Ganguly's mentor.

For all their flaws, Ganguly and Dalmiya contributed immensely to Indian cricket.

Dalmiya made Indian Cricket a financial powerhouse and smacked the good ol' boys at MCC for their condescending attitude towards India.

Ganguly introduced psychological warfare to Indian Cricket by getting under Steve Waugh's and Flintoff's skin. We all know about his success as a batsman and Captain.

sachin_sizzling said:
sourav will never stay down.. sourav will never back off!! sourav will make it big once more in the international scenario and i punt he will!! Really.. what does he have to prove anymore.. he is the second highest centurion in the history of one-dayers,next only to the greatest of 'em all.. If u tell me he needs to fight his way back into the team.. i got two words for u.. SUCK IT!! Indian cricket is on the fastlane of the highway to HELL!!
Currently, everyone is telling Ganguly to suck it.

saisrini80 said:
Dalmiya wins the CAB elections and retains his post!

Will this spell the end of Ganguly's career? I hope not!

http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1827054.cms

I am actually pretty pleased with the result. I am not a big fan of overt political involvement in sporting matters (It has already destroyed other sports in India, just look at the administration of football, archery, wrestling and athletics to name just a few) and Dalmiya, in spite of his many flaws, has definitely contributed to world cricket as a whole, and to Indian cricket in particular.

This is ofcourse quite a blow to West Bengal's high flying chief minister (he should've heeded party warnings in this regard :)), not to talk of the Police Commissioner, who is already the athletics board president (dunno when he ever gets time for policing duties).

sohummisra said:
Currently, everyone is telling Ganguly to suck it.

Lol yeah. Problem with Ganguly is that he thinks of himself as a very smart political guy; but as any novice politician will tell you, it is never smart to ruffle the feathers of your last remaining ally, especially if he someone as wily as Dalmiya.

The trend of politicians in cricket is disturbing. What was Dalmiya by profession? I'd prefer some sort of business interest to dictate sports administrations, but of course, the politicians would soon take control. Dammit.

Okay, previously Ganguly's scores were being thrown around and whatnot. The newspapers today have published his stats from the ongoing Enlgish domestic season and Indian domestic season, judging by his supposed definite call into the 30 probables. For those who are not in the know, these are the stats from ToI.

For Northamptonshire
First class (including game against Pakistan)
4 matches, 24 runs, HS 9, Average 4.80, S/R 40.67
One-Day
2 matches, 80 runs, HS 71, Average 40, S/R 68.96
Twenty20
9 matches, 220 runs, HS 73, Average 27.50, S/R 104.76
Pro40
1 match, 9 runs, HS 9, Average 9, S/R 90

For Bengal & East Zone
Deodhar Trophy
3 matches, 98 runs, HS 81, Average 32.66, S/R 51.57
National OD's
5 matches, 203 runs, HS 89*, Average 50.75, S/R 74.35

Perhaps the only merit in his recall would be that he has looked good in the shortest version of the game (Twenty20).

Also read that his county stint has come to an end. And we can't write him off for the World Cup just yet, but that is probably the way things will end up.

Well if he does make it back to the team, it will show that performance has no merit whatsoever. Ganguly was dropped when he had performed moderately well and he would be reselected when having performed absolutely disgustingly.

iceman_waugh said:
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/255402.html

This link would just support it.
I think its going according to the Zonal basis.And somehow,i feel that with Sehwag comming out in his support he'll be back [ Ganguly ] :cheers

I too saw that! Well what to say??? Politics is spoiling Indian cricket. But for Ganguly, it will be fantastic! He deserved to be retained for the England series but he wasnt. Now he doesnt that much deserve to come back but looks like he might come back! Lets see how all these pan out! I still have the strong feeling Ganguly will be playing the ICC Champions Trophy!

He's only made it into the list of 30 probables. Ganguly supporters should hope that he is one of the top 30 players in the country, or they are blowing a lot of steam about nothing.

Ganguly among the 30 probables for the Champions Trophy!

Seems like some sort of consolation for Ganguly who had a poor run in county cricket barring some matches!

Now the thing to be seen is, whether he will be inducted into the final 14. Highly unlikely, but Ganguly's fans have the right to be optimistic and I am optimistic of his return to international cricket!

Users who are viewing this thread